ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Announces Incoming Class

The article doesn't even mention Kyonte Hamilton from MD, who will be on a football scholarship. IIRC, when he committed, talk was that he is a more highly rated wrestler than he is a football player. I'm sure someone here will know for sure.

The article doesn't even mention Kyonte Hamilton from MD, who will be on a football scholarship. IIRC, when he committed, talk was that he is a more highly rated wrestler than he is a football player. I'm sure someone here will know for sure.
He is class of 2021-2022

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Assume you are thinking Poz, Boone, O’Neill, Shawver, and Clark?

Yea always hard to predict how kids progress at the next level. Not sure what making noise means ..3 year starter, NCAA qualifier, NCAA all american?? but if it is any that I listed think 5 is a little high.

Assume you are thinking Poz, Boone, O’Neill, Shawver, and Clark?
Yes. And that's optimistic. Poz and Boone expected, especially Poz. The others are going to have to really want it and commit themselves. Easier said than done, I know. I've seen too many come in highly touted and not pan out. Then there are the 4th, 5th and lower place finishers in the state that are outmatched by the level of college wrestling in B1G. It really will depend on level of commitment - some get demoralized while others rise to the challenge.

Seems like they loaded up on heavyweights..... why so many?
Before this class, our heavyweight lineup was going to be Esposito and maybe a bump up from Lightner. That’s it.

Colucci got a waiver from the NCAA, Boone transferred in, Niccolo took a gap year and two other kids committed. I don’t see any way we have 6 wrestlers at one weight class in the room given the roster limit, but we went from having no bodies to a lot of bodies really quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT