ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling NCAA Championship Results & Update Thread (All Sessions)

WNG/JOSH,

Is Theo healthy enough to put up some real matches during this tournament, or are the injuries from the B1G Tourney still lingering?

PhilaPhans...Coach told me that Theo was ready to go..I really like his shot at an upset or 2..If he can get past the #10 seed 1st round I think he can beat #7 seed Mastriani from VT tonight.

Let's Go RU!

Originally posted by LetsGoRUwrestling:
PhilaPhans...Coach told me that Theo was ready to go..I really like his shot at an upset or 2..If he can get past the #10 seed 1st round I think he can beat #7 seed Mastriani from VT tonight.

Let's Go RU!
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm asking. I thought Theo got a GREAT bracket, assuming he's healthy. Ash got the best seeding in my mind, but Theo's right behind him in terms of ability to move on if he can wrestle to his level.

SD - Not going 0-2. Pulling some sort of upset.

AA - AA or bust.

KT - Not going 0-2. Pulling some sort of upset. I honestly think he could go Top 12 if healthy.

AP - AA or bust. No different from last year in terms of his seeding setup, but he's shown he has that ability to make a run. Even in the B1G Tourney his only losses were OT.

BS - Top 12. Just sucks that he starts with Gwz. As much as we think he's a top talent, he's just not on the level of those top guys. I'd love to see him battle back for AA though.

DelVecchio gets majored 11-3.

You know, one thing I wish wasn't the way it is is conference opponents wrestling each other in the first round. I wish the NCAA would try to avoid it if at all possible.

Can't avoid conference opponents as it would screw up seeding. DelVecchio's result was what I expected.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

That move Gulibon pulled at the end to get the last take down was awesome. High IQ wrestling.

How would it screw up seeding? The top 16 get seeded. From there, everybody else gets placed, but can be moved around a spot or two to avoid wrestling a conference opponent in the FIRST round. If they meet in the 2nd round, so be it.

And Dziewa goes down 6-3 to Kevin Jack (North Carolina St.)! Upset!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT