ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling NCAA Championship Results & Update Thread (All Sessions)

Thanks Tango, that made me smile. I hope he's OK to walk in the Parade of All Americans tonight.

I believe in my heart that AA would have beaten Heil and Jack and been close with Carter who is very slick on his feet. But what the hell do I know. Passé, Dave and I miss you out here. Tonight we are going to enjoy ourselves withe the team, parents and RU fans at the RU social after the social. On to 2016 and getting better talent to compete at this level. Yes I think Perrotti goes to 165 and fights Gravina for that spot if his shoulder holds up.

Glad to hear you guys are having a great time. RU Wrestling Twitter put up the info on the post tourny party, sounds like a blast ! Did other guys from the team travel out on their own dime to root on our 5? How many from the RU fan base made it?
Who has the most fans there? I'd imagine Mizzou ,Iowa or OSU. Any rumors, tidbits , and gossip greatly appreciated, LOL!
PS- say hi to Dave B ! you and him helped me out greatly this season ! I appreciate it. I've watched every single RU match on TV or computer from this tourny. Great weekend just doing that. Finals should be great.

What a joke. I don't want people like that on RU. Matt brown wanted nothing to do with the third period. That's why when RU get there guys they wouldn't want a guy stalling for a chip. New jersey wrestling would never send a coward like that.

This post was edited on 3/22 7:51 AM by Lips Manus

Originally posted by Lips Manus:
What a joke. I don't want people like that on RU. Matt brown wanted nothing to do with the third period. That's why when RU get there guys they wouldn't want a guy stalling for a chip. New jersey wrestling would never send a coward like that. your welcome Mormons
Huh? Let's be fair. Wilps stalled for like 6 minutes. I hate it that so many of these guys stall & don't shoot. Tsirtsis, Evans & many others are content winning by 1 point on the rideouts in double OT if necessary. It's a huge problem in wrestling right now.

Originally posted by Leonard23:

What a joke. I don't want people like that on RU. Matt brown wanted nothing to do with the third period. That's why when RU get there guys they wouldn't want a guy stalling for a chip. New jersey wrestling would never send a coward like that. your welcome Mormons
Huh? Let's be fair. Wilps stalled for like 6 minutes. I hate it that so many of these guys stall & don't shoot. Tsirtsis, Evans & many others are content winning by 1 point on the rideouts in double OT if necessary. It's a huge problem in wrestling right now.
Couldn't agree more.

Watching Tsirtsis is like watching golf.

We wouldn't know how a Rutgers wrestler would wrestle in a championship matches because it has never happened. I guess you can hang you hat on that 3rd place finish back in 1960. To talk smack on how someone wins a national title when you never even had guy make the finals is pretty lame.

My point really is college wrestling has a whole must change the rules. Kids get a point lead and stall the rest of the match. It's boring. Kids literally running backwards the final 30 seconds of matches. Wrestling will not pick up casual fans if things aren't changed. First order would be to eliminate riding time in my opinion. Psu guy thank you for your opinion.

Originally posted by PSU_Nut:

We wouldn't know how a Rutgers wrestler would wrestle in a championship matches because it has never happened. I guess you can hang you hat on that 3rd place finish back in 1960. To talk smack on how someone wins a national title when you never even had guy make the finals is pretty lame.
Rutgers did have a AAU national champion in David Whinfrey in 1950, when that was the premier collegiate tournament. But the point still stands, for the most part.

Your point (such as it was) was that you called Brown a coward

So just ignore the 3 times Wilps crawled off the mat, his wrestling the edge almost the entire match while Brown stalked him, etc.

Brown started for 3 years (sat one year behind Ruth as there was no way to fit in the lineup - Taylor at 165, Wright at 184) and finished 2,3,1. I'll take that and his 4.0 GPA any year.

This post was edited on 3/23 9:13 PM by Chickenman Testa

Exactly, plus Lips mischaracterized the whole 3rd period

Wilps started on top and rode for 25 sec; brown then missed shot with both commentators mentioning that Wilps was in danger of getting dinged again if he kept backing up and that Brown was controlling the center of the mat; Brown got a TD with about 1 minute left; Wilps escapes at about 37 sec after the 2nd restart and a successful PSU challenge re: an escape; Wilps with TD with 23 sec to go - then came the escapes, challenges, locked hands, etc. There was no running away unless you view trying to get out from bottom running.

It just amazes me what people think they see when they have a bias - becomes very scary when it extends to witness accounts of crime.

This post was edited on 3/25 12:39 PM by Chickenman Testa

Re: Exactly, plus Lips mischaracterized the whole 3rd period

brown deserved to win. i did see him miss his opportunities the last two years, and i was pulling for him hard. that said, i don't like psu. esp. your football team.

I think so but he is getting love from everyone. Donny is very close with the family for what it is worth.

ADVERTISEMENT