ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Preview with Dan Seifring

Thanks for doing this !!! Probably would have been a bit better to release this a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was released it elsewhere and the OP just pasted it here, if so , thank you. Still enjoying it.

Terrific discussion on Suriano's best weight to wrestle at. Dan makes a good point that Suriano has an easier path to the NCAA finals at 125 than 133.

Nothing to see here, move on, this guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

hey hey bro... settle down... Just cuz this guy is clueless!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, it boils down to 2 questions.. What weight is easier Vs. what weight is Suriano stronger at... If he has more trouble making 125.. Than 133 makes more sense... But then there's also this... 125 may be easier path.. But true winners also seek out the best competition!!

Reactions: obrats
I think the key to Suriano’s success this year will be the improvements he makes on top and whether he can get out from bottom against the bigger guys at 133 (less of a concern). I’m not as concerned about his ability to finish on his feet, although, if we use the Gross vs. Meredith match last year as a reference, that probably cost the smaller guy (Gross) the match. Historically, Suriano has been better in neutral than Gross. At the elite level it is a game of millimeters not inches. Excited to see Suriano wrestle some of the top guys at 133.

Add another beast to the 133 lbs weight class Roman Bravo-Young. I watched his match against Tim Rooney from Kent St who’s very strong and Young annihilated him from the top position as well as neutral. This kid looks like a sure fire All American. Another great one for Penn State

Add another beast to the 133 lbs weight class Roman Bravo-Young. I watched his match against Tim Rooney from Kent St who’s very strong and Young annihilated him from the top position as well as neutral. This kid looks like a sure fire All American. Another great one for Penn State

No inside info..But I don't think Suriano cares...Kid only has one mission.. DESTROY whats in front of him!!!

Reactions: TRU2RU and elvis7
I think the key to Suriano’s success this year will be the improvements he makes on top and whether he can get out from bottom against the bigger guys at 133 (less of a concern). I’m not as concerned about his ability to finish on his feet, although, if we use the Gross vs. Meredith match last year as a reference, that probably cost the smaller guy (Gross) the match. Historically, Suriano has been better in neutral than Gross. At the elite level it is a game of millimeters not inches. Excited to see Suriano wrestle some of the top guys at 133.

I know it wasn't a long clip.. But Glasgow had trouble getting out from underneath him....

I know it wasn't a long clip.. But Glasgow had trouble getting out from underneath him....

I saw that. Hard to tell whether that was a 100% live go. I’m just going off what I have seen so far so a limited sample size.

Either weight NS goes I just want him to win the title.I don't think they were going that hard in the live drill100%so that's not a real indicator.Let's see how he does with the elite guys at his weigh in real match situations.

Either weight NS goes I just want him to win the title.I don't think they were going that hard in the live drill100%so that's not a real indicator.Let's see how he does with the elite guys at his weigh in real match situations.

even at 80%.. the fact that he held him down is a good indicator for him...

even at 80%.. the fact that he held him down is a good indicator for him...

Honestly Glasgow has issues on bottom as we have witnessed already.Quite typical with freshman is getting off from bottom.Now once we see NS with the elite competition we can have a real gauge.I still think his offense is his best asset with head hands defense.

Just want a NCAA title in anything ... a B1G team title in anything (don’t care if regular season or tourney).

ADVERTISEMENT