ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers wrestling summer update: Anthony Ashnault’s early coaching impact, schedule plans, more

Billy, I was at practice this week. It was nice to see the wrestlers workout and speak with the coaches.
This season will be exciting.

Good Mike. I will try to get there soon. With my wife 100% wheelchair bound it is tough now. I miss you Mike. Tell that beautiful boy of yours I said hi.

Good info there. Some interesting matchups off campus in Newark and Philly (and traveling to Davidson). Any idea why this tri with UNC is at Pru instead of The RAC?

"Rutgers will also wrestle a road quad at Davidson that also includes Chattanooga and Clarion and it is expected to wrestle Hofstra and North Carolina as part of a tri-meet at the Prudential Center in Newark."

Will this NCST match be a dual or tri with maybe UPenn? Any idea why it's in Philly and not at The RAC?

"Rutgers is expected to wrestle national power N.C. State in early December somewhere in the Philadelphia area..."

Would like to see all Rutgers sports play in other parts of the state from time to time, especially basketball during Christmas break. Other major schools do this. Gives fans and potential recruits in other parts of the state a chance to see our teams play nearby. The only reason to play Temple in football in Philadelphia.

Would like to see all Rutgers sports play in other parts of the state from time to time, especially basketball during Christmas break. Other major schools do this. Gives fans and potential recruits in other parts of the state a chance to see our teams play nearby. The only reason to play Temple in football in Philadelphia.
Only if it doesn't take away from our home matches and games. I have no interest in playing in Newark or Philly if it reduced a match at The RAC.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Good info there. Some interesting matchups off campus in Newark and Philly (and traveling to Davidson). Any idea why this tri with UNC is at Pru instead of The RAC?

"Rutgers will also wrestle a road quad at Davidson that also includes Chattanooga and Clarion and it is expected to wrestle Hofstra and North Carolina as part of a tri-meet at the Prudential Center in Newark."

Will this NCST match be a dual or tri with maybe UPenn? Any idea why it's in Philly and not at The RAC?

"Rutgers is expected to wrestle national power N.C. State in early December somewhere in the Philadelphia area..."
I'm deducing that we are wrestling NC State in a tourney with Penn at the Palestra. That would make sense with Penn seemingly trying to build up their program to bring in 2 established power programs with fanbases that would travel to Philly.

The plot thickens as Wisconsin is at Pru too? Anyone have schedule info?

Are we giving up a home match vs. Wisconsin to wrestle them at the Rock? Too bad if so because the Wisky coach would quickly becoming a fan favorite at the RAC. $$$$
🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻

Are we giving up a home match vs. Wisconsin to wrestle them at the Rock? Too bad if so because the Wisky coach would quickly becoming a fan favorite at the RAC. $$$$
On Coach Goodale podcast he said RU is wrestling Hofstra and UNC at the Prudential Center on Saturday after Thanksgiving, so do not think they will wrestle Wisconsin that day. Usually the Big10 duals start in Jan. Wisky might come to wrestle UNC and Hofstra also that day and not Ru

On Coach Goodale podcast he said RU is wrestling Hofstra and UNC at the Prudential Center on Saturday after Thanksgiving, so do not think they will wrestle Wisconsin that day. Usually the Big10 duals start in Jan. Wisky might come to wrestle UNC and Hofstra also that day and not Ru
Hopefully the Prudential Center duals are at night so the RU fans don't have to choose between football vs Maryland and wrestling. Maybe a nooner vs the Terps and 2 night matches at the Prudential Center for wrestling.

Reactions: Leonard23
Ah, thanks, I'll have to give that a listen.
Hopefully the Prudential Center duals are at night so the RU fans don't have to choose between football vs Maryland and wrestling. Maybe a nooner vs the Terps and 2 night matches at the Prudential Center for wrestling.
Hopefully, we can make both.

Yea I won't be making a match in Newark. NY yes I loved walking around the city then going to the match had a blast. But Newark, not going there, My Masonry company has done plenty of jobs there and it's not a place I want to visit outside of work. It'll be football then home.

Yea I won't be making a match in Newark. NY yes I loved walking around the city then going to the match had a blast. But Newark, not going there, My Masonry company has done plenty of jobs there and it's not a place I want to visit outside of work. It'll be football then home.
The area surround the Prudential Center is fine. There’s some quality bars and dinosaur BBQ makes some great food. Newark as a whole is a dump but the arena part of town gets a bad rap

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
The area surround the Prudential Center is fine. There’s some quality bars and dinosaur BBQ makes some great food. Newark as a whole is a dump but the arena part of town gets a bad rap

Agreed. I've taken my kids to Disney on Ice and other events there in the past with 0 issue. Parking is easy/convenient as well.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I agree, I will not be attending any home dual meets away from the RAC

Reactions: koleszar
I agree, I will not be attending any home dual meets away from the RAC
We now have to wear masks at the RAC. I think it's bullsh*t I got vaxed and did my part for the greater good, it's now time for personal responsibility. You can't hold up life for the imbeciles.

Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT