ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling vs. Iowa

Re: remember Wrestling on BTN Tonight at 8pm

First match I ever watched but what I really need to know is who won the tug of war during intermission.

Hahahaha he knew the second he said "no shit" he knew he shouldn't have

Originally posted by ClassOf02:
"this is a great meet going on right now."

"no shit."

i love BTN
Hahaha. I rewound it just because I didn't believe it the first time

Did the analyst just say "no sh@t" when the other guy said "this is a great match"???

Originally posted by ClassOf02:
"this is a great meet going on right now."

"no shit."

i love BTN
Had to play that back. Classic.

I swear I must be hearing things.

Commentator #1: "Hey, this is a great match we have going here."
Commentator #2: "No shit!"

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Ashnault wins 3-1!

One thing I love about BTN is that, even though they're a great operation, they're still a bit of a start-up. I just heard the sideline guy shout "Where the hell is my camera" or something to that effect.

Sorta like the other day that they audibly caught the Northwestern coach cursing. Hilarious.
Did I just hear one announcer say, "Hey Jim, this is a great meet we got going here"

and Jim dead pan back, "Yeah, no shit?"

Even my 7 year old was like, Daddy that guy just said a bad word...lol

I'm so happy other people heard it too! Did anybody catch the "where the hell is my camera" quote from the sideline guy earlier in the meet?

For the newbs, the scoring system is what allowed PSU to be dominant for the last several years. David Taylor and Ed Ruth (and Quentin Wright for that matter) were bonus points machines. They didn't just get the decision (3 pts.) but they also were Fall, Tech Fall and Major Decision machines. If you have two wrestlers on your team that are almost always getting bonus points in those categories, it is like having 12 wrestlers competing instead of 10.

Ed Ruth is an effortless wrestler but watching David Taylor was really something. Takedown, tilt attempt, release, takedown, tilt attempt, release - rinse and repeat. He absolutely toyed with his competition.

Like Ash, Gravina is a RS Frosh.

What do you guys think of his future at RU? Do you think he'll be able to take that next step in a couple of years?

Gravina loses to the #7 kid from Iowa 16-4, but damn, did he avoid that pin at the end. The guy was seriously twisted in every possible direction. I don't know how wrestlers do it.

Mike Evans - my least favorite wrestler ever.

I just don't care for him. I think he is a boring wrestler who likes to get chippy.

18-6. Assuming this is an epic blowout?

Okay, it's 18-6with 3 matches left. What's the equivalent score in basketball terms?

HA! Right on cue he holds your guy's head down after the match for a few seconds. He's a doosh and I hope he gets stuffed again this year like he always has.

No, not an epic blowout. We've only got a few matches to go and two of our strongest wrestlers are left.

Yes, Mike Evans is incredibly boring, but I guess if you win, that doesn't matter. I'm sure Iowa fans are frustrated with him too since they want more opportunities for bonus points.

In basketball terms, this has sort have been like the Virginia basketball match.

That's good news for RU Wrestling. It means that they haven't been giving up techs and pins ... just majors and decisions.

While RU has only won one match on merit (be honest, DelVecchio may not beat Cory Clark), they've definitely put up a fight tonight. This is not one of those football blowouts from this year.

Originally posted by Caliknight:

18-6. Assuming this is an epic blowout?
Perrotti upset hurt but there was very little chance that you kept this one close. Iowa and Minnesota are the best of the B1G this year.

nm
This post was edited on 1/2 9:44 PM by MarshHawk1

How do Brooks and Hrymack weigh the same? Brooks is so much thicker every which way.

Brooks pins Hrymack at 184. It looked inevitable. Good try, though.

Good match so far because it's the first extra bonus we've given up so far.

24-6 Iowa.

No Burak. Here's Camp though!

Originally posted by kjb32812:
Mike Evans - my least favorite wrestler ever.
Mine would be either the Iran Sheik or Nikolai Volkoff

Is that Flood on the floor with the white sweater? Good for him.

What is the deal wiith non-Nike shoes on some of our guys? Doesn't that get some sort of fine or admonishment? I know not using the sponsored lax gear would do so when it happened.

Holy crap is Camp strong!

The opponent hasn't been a slouch. Got two good hits in, and there's an escape and takedown for Iowa.

your guy looks good but gassed.

I don't know anything about wrestling, but Campolattano looks like the best wrestler we have seen today.

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:

Okay, it's 18-6with 3 matches left. What's the equivalent score in basketball terms?
They're smacking us around, but it was expected. Would have been worse if they wrestled their first string guys @ 133 and 197.

Highlights of the match are AA pulling out the W at the buzzer, DelVecchio beating the backup 125 lber, and what looks to be Campy victory.

Bakuckus wrestled Evans pretty tough, too.

If Smith can pull out the upset over Telford (no small task) that would be nice.

What is the deal wiith non-Nike shoes on some of our guys? Doesn't that get some sort of fine or admonishment? I know not using the sponsored lax gear would do so when it happened.
We may not be sponsored for every sport with Nike.

This post was edited on 1/2 9:51 PM by Zak57

I don't know anything about wrestling, but Campolattano looks like the best wrestler we have seen today.
That's because he is on the offense. The wrestling room he competed in at OSU helped. Iron sharpens iron.

You have two 4x NJ state champs. You need those two to perform well and it will aid your recruiting IMO. I liked your coach during the interview.

ADVERTISEMENT