ADVERTISEMENT

RUWBB Milestone 1000th Win Video

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020
Now THIS is what I'm talkin about regarding celebration/promotion of the program! Excellent video! Love it! Congrats to this years squad for etching their own place in the rich history of the program. May they continue the task of bringing us back and keeping it going.

Kudos to the video producers!

Now THIS is what I'm talkin about regarding celebration/promotion of the program! Excellent video! Love it! Congrats to this years squad for etching their own place in the rich history of the program. May they continue the task of bringing us back and keeping it going.

Kudos to the video producers!

Wow! What a work of art. There's no doubt RU needs to be putting this program's history out front like this. Gotta keep the Grentz/Stringer legacies connected to the new regime.

• Love
Reactions: ScarletteK80
Damn onions in here(and I'm not even in the kitchen). I will never forget laying eyes on Cappie for 1st time. A long time cager was sitting next to me. She said, and I quote, "I hear she is supposed to be pretty good." The rest is history.

How many other schools have reached the 1000 wins milestone? Many universities have only been fielding women's bball teams since the 1970s. My first memory of the Rutgers women's team was in the first game of the 1977 doubleheader against Seton Hall that opened the RAC and that was only 3 or 4 years before co-education came to Rutgers College. To be at the 1000 victory mark in 2023 means that RU must be averaging over 20 wins per season. Can anyone say if that is the case?

Thanks.

How many other schools have reached the 1000 wins milestone? Many universities have only been fielding women's bball teams since the 1970s. My first memory of the Rutgers women's team was in the first game of the 1977 doubleheader against Seton Hall that opened the RAC and that was only 3 or 4 years before co-education came to Rutgers College. To be at the 1000 victory mark in 2023 means that RU must be averaging over 20 wins per season. Can anyone say if that is the case?

Thanks.
Apparently, what I looked up was the first year - it was 1974-1975, so in less than 50 years, 1000 wins.

I just don't have the time to look more closely, but I am fascinated. Good catch.

According to Wiki there were 18 teams with 1000 wins at the start of the year, led by Tennessee and then UConn (Geno has over 1000 wins himself). Quite a few mid-majors in the list, either they have played for a long time, were really good once (think La Tech), or won all their in conference games for many years (think Green Bay).

NC State, LSU, KState and Tennessee Tech are all likely to have made it / make it this year, and there are a number that are close. In a list of the top 50 program wins, Washington at number 50 has 863.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Apparently, what I looked up was the first year - it was 1974-1975, so in less than 50 years, 1000 wins.

I just don't have the time to look more closely, but I am fascinated. Good catch.

According to Wiki there were 18 teams with 1000 wins at the start of the year, led by Tennessee and then UConn (Geno has over 1000 wins himself). Quite a few mid-majors in the list, either they have played for a long time, were really good once (think La Tech), or won all their in conference games for many years (think Green Bay).

NC State, LSU, KState and Tennessee Tech are all likely to have made it / make it this year, and there are a number that are close. In a list of the top 50 program wins, Washington at number 50 has 863.
Thanks. In the early days, schools like Immaculata, Cheney State, Delta State, and a few others that we seldom hear about, were among the early "powers" of women's bball. Theresa Grentz was part of that history, as was CVS. I wonder if the divide between the AIAW and the NCAA might have buried many of those schools, especially once many of the football powers got serious about women's bball, partly as a result of Title IX. ODU was also an early power but upgraded many of its other sports, including football.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT