ADVERTISEMENT

Sad News Regarding Brian Sheridan

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Someone on the other Rutgers site says that Brian Sheridan passed away from cancer at age 45 earlier today.He most recently was the coach at American Heritage High School In Florida. GOD Bless his entire family.

Brian was outstanding at Rutgers and Union H.S. and even became Head Coach at Union for a while. He and Rusty Schwartz were both outstanding linebackers at RU and both have now passed if this story is true. Rusty died I think in 1999 from a drowning accident on the Delaware River. I knew him so well as he was All State and an All American by Street and Smith's. Rusty was a student at Edison H.S. when I was a teacher there. He was wonderful. I took my son to Rutgers Stadium when he was very young before a season and he met Rusty and Brian and many of the other players.

I was a walk-on in the spring of 1995 and, while most players (and coaches) completely ignored the group of walk-ons, Sheridan was one of the guys who went out of his way to be nice to us and treat us like part of the team. He had natural leadership skills. Everybody liked him.

So sad - I was a kid from South Jersey, but a relative brought me to a Union game one Saturday and I never forgot how great Sheridan was.

Damn sorry to hear that . He had a good run as the union HC and wondered why he left and moved to Florida . Guy was a great player for graber and Shea . I believe he led the Big East in tackles in 1997 . One of the few bright spots in a winless season

Reactions: RutHut
#3 all time tackles and #1 for tackles in a season at RU. Has the #2 and #3 spots for tackles in a single game.

FWIW, Ive searched BRIAN SHERIDAN, AMERICAN HERRITAGE DELRAY on Twitter and this hasnt popped up. Hoping for the best.

Damn sorry to hear that . He had a good run as the union HC and wondered why he left and moved to Florida . Guy was a great player for graber and Shea . I believe he led the Big East in tackles in 1997 . One of the few bright spots in a winless season
Probably cost of living, taxes, weather? I know some teachers and coaches who moved down there for those reasons.

Brian was outstanding at Rutgers and Union H.S. and even became Head Coach at Union for a while. He and Rusty Schwartz were both outstanding linebackers at RU and both have now passed if this story is true. Rusty died I think in 1999 from a drowning accident on the Delaware River. I knew him so well as he was All State and an All American by Street and Smith's. Rusty was a student at Edison H.S. when I was a teacher there. He was wonderful. I took my son to Rutgers Stadium when he was very young before a season and he met Rusty and Brian and many of the other players.
Thanks for the background. Very sad.

Always a really friendly guy on campus. Hope it's not true seeing as he was active on social media up to about a week ago and nobody that follows him is sending out condolences.

But it's 2020 so if it's gonna suck it'll probably happen now.

Probably cost of living, taxes, weather? I know some teachers and coaches who moved down there for those reasons.

Yep . Did seem like a pretty good deal, he was having success at Union and was a legend there. Florida has its attractiveness, however.

Hopefully, it’s not true. Hopefully people wouldn’t post false stuff regarding death either .
This is the latest tweet concerning Brian Sheridan, American Herritage Delray, or any combination of these words.

Hopefully, it’s not true. Hopefully people wouldn’t post false stuff regarding death either .

Been digging. There is no public mention of him being ill but I found a recent photo of him and he does not look healthy.

Horrible, horrible shame as he looked downright athletic at the beginning of the year.

I hate cancer.

Reactions: Greg2020
Very sad if true. An amazing player for RU.

His American Heritage team lost 19-0 on Friday night. Brian was unable to coach the game so the team was coached by an assistant coach.

I sure hope it isn’t true. On the other site, a guy who says he is his cousin said he died this morning. I don’t see anything on nj.com but it may be too soon to be there.

That’s horrible if true. I was at RU when Brian played. Know a few guys that played with him at RU. My condolences to him and his family.

GO RU

Wow. So sorry to see this. Watched Brian a lot in his high school games. Was a stud at Union and at RU. #RIP

I remember seeing him at the coach's luncheon, I think his parents were there too. He was an impressive guy. Time flies. It freaks me out a little bit.

This is very sad . Brian’s brother, Bill, died at the young age of 36 in 2010. Condolences to the family. Very terrible that two young guys were taken away.

Reactions: mandfense
Been digging. There is no public mention of him being ill but I found a recent photo of him and he does not look healthy.

Horrible, horrible shame as he looked downright athletic at the beginning of the year.

I hate cancer.

Cancer is insidious

I didn't even recognize Brian in the picture.

RIP Brian

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT