ADVERTISEMENT

Sad OT: New Jerseys own Artlie Lange

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Busted again for H. Missed court again. In the hospital for serious diabetes issues again.Lost his cake morning radio job again. 50 years old.I lost a 45 year old nephew last year .It hits home. I have done my share of stupid in my time and I get the addictive aspect of all of this but this life of ours is a temporary gift. I want to continue to be sympathetic and empathetic but my anger is becoming stronger every time I see this happen to anyone....Enough already Artie?

Artie's greatest challenge is his own belief that his life will end badly, and early. He doesn't have the requisite will to conquer his demons.

Cheese They are trying to keep the users out of Rahway but what do we do ? Put them on an island for treatment? I brought my nephew to San Diego the first time he needed to clean up and he was fine.I was on him like a cheap suit.But we lost track of each when we came back here and when I reached out again last year when he relapsed he wanted none if it. It is a nasty bitch...

Artie's still sad because he was not there to hold the ladder for his Daddy.
tumblr_nfm52x6uTq1s81gzyo1_1280.png

Artie was (is?) a recurring role (one of only 4 "featured characters") playing himself on HBO's "Crashing". Funny show about a young comic in NYC who left his straying wife (and house and career) after discovering her infidelity and decides to become a stand-up. He crashed on Artie's couch soon after.. and other times too.. they discussed Artie's addictions several times.. made it part of the show.. I kinda wonder if he was clean then and maybe the scripts triggered something or if he was using the whole time.

He has a lot of talent but he is so self destructive that no one will be shocked when he dies.

It is a waste and a shame really.

You’ve got to be happy and have something to look forward to.
RU football, golf, Giants, Yankees and Rangers, movies.
Being a good husband and father, coaching my kids softball is what’s kept me sober and happy for 25 years
My will power has nothing to with it, it’s a gift from god.

Busted again for H. Missed court again. In the hospital for serious diabetes issues again.Lost his cake morning radio job again. 50 years old.I lost a 45 year old nephew last year .It hits home. I have done my share of stupid in my time and I get the addictive aspect of all of this but this life of ours is a temporary gift. I want to continue to be sympathetic and empathetic but my anger is becoming stronger every time I see this happen to anyone....Enough already Artie?
Artie to avoid jail time.
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/...il-probation-heroin-charges-drug-sober-judge/

Cheese They are trying to keep the users out of Rahway but what do we do ? Put them on an island for treatment? I brought my nephew to San Diego the first time he needed to clean up and he was fine.I was on him like a cheap suit.But we lost track of each when we came back here and when I reached out again last year when he relapsed he wanted none if it. It is a nasty bitch...

There is no prison in Rahway. The location is Avanel and has been renamed East Jersey State.

There is no prison in Rahway. The location is Avanel and has been renamed East Jersey State.
New Jersey is the KING of one thing.. renaming things to get away from the stink of them. School Construction Corp., NJDMV, DYFS, Abbot Districts... I'd love to see a complete list.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
New Jersey is the KING of one thing.. renaming things to get away from the stink of them. School Construction Corp., NJDMV, DYFS, Abbot Districts... I'd love to see a complete list.

It's East Jersey State Prison, formerly Rahway State Prison. The stink was removed due to a request from Rahway residents who felt the name stigmatized the town and lowered property values.

Yes it's in Avenel. Mailing address is still in Rahway.

You’ve got to be happy and have something to look forward to.
RU football, golf, Giants, Yankees and Rangers, movies.
Being a good husband and father, coaching my kids softball is what’s kept me sober and happy for 25 years
My will power has nothing to with it, it’s a gift from god.
Good for you Zap. I have a relative that had his addictions that he finally faced and goes to AA religiously? Doing that, being the best husband, father is his addiction now. He told me only 10-15% of people that go through recovery make it clean for the rest of their lives. Tough to battle.

Reactions: AD888
Artie was (is?) a recurring role (one of only 4 "featured characters") playing himself on HBO's "Crashing". Funny show about a young comic in NYC who left his straying wife (and house and career) after discovering her infidelity and decides to become a stand-up. He crashed on Artie's couch soon after.. and other times too.. they discussed Artie's addictions several times.. made it part of the show.. I kinda wonder if he was clean then and maybe the scripts triggered something or if he was using the whole time.

One of my favorite shows but last time Artie was arrested it felt like they were using it as an opportunity to promote the show. The news went from Artie saying he was fired to his addiction becoming a pretty major plot line in the show.

Jersey City State = New Jersey City University

Newark State College = Kean

Trenton State = College of NJ

Glassboro State = Rowan

West Paterson = Woodland Park
Passaic Township = Long Hill Township
South Belmar = Lake Como
There was a vote in my town, North Plainfield, to change the name to Stony Brook, but it didn't pass. I think South Plainfield also considered changing to Hadley, but it didn't go anywhere.

What a talent and what a loser . Anyone defending this guy and fellas like him have issues. This guy developed a drug habit on his own. I hope he gets straight

Reactions: tico brown
Jersey City State = New Jersey City University

Newark State College = Kean

Trenton State = College of NJ

Glassboro State = Rowan

The bolded one at the bottom doesn't really belong with the others since it was a renaming of the school due to a $100 million donation from Henry Rowan to start an engineering school there, not necessarily to distance themselves from an association with the town of Glassboro.

Otherwise... Queens ---> Rutgers would qualify too

Never even tried drugs. Thanks to a rigid HS athletic AD, any kind of screw up and you were gone for a year from the day in ALL sports! No exceptions and back in the early 60's no lawyers crawling up the school's butt. Kept a lot of kids away from booze and drugs.
I think many addicts are already either depressed or lost souls when they start taking the sh*t. Since I have never been addicted to anything, I cannot fully grasp the hold it has on people. We obviously have no real answers to this scourge.

Is that his real nose?
Do you think he may have worn a fake nose to court?
It is really sad. Apparently, (read this somewhere), he snorted some bad stuff. Right after a drug arrest earlier this year:
artie-lange-hospitalized-pp.jpg

Does Artie own a suit? Would never dream showing up to court in anything but a full suit and tie.

Is the picture on the left what he tweeted after some sort of assault that made the press. He either got mugged of beat up by some unsavory associates or something. People got all kinds of concerned for his well being. Guessing his nose was broken and never healed correctly.

People can be their own worst enemy. Drugs is a physical addiction and easy to get hooked, hard to shake. That’s why you should never start.

am i the only one who doesn't have sympathy for this guy? I mean the way i look at it, these types of people and their "comedy" on Stern etc. are all just nasty A holes so i'm not surprised to learn they're usually miserable addicts.

This is what being a POS human being looks like.

Sorry- Not sorry. Truth hurts.

am i the only one who doesn't have sympathy for this guy? I mean the way i look at it, these types of people and their "comedy" on Stern etc. are all just nasty A holes so i'm not surprised to learn they're usually miserable addicts.

This is what being a POS human being looks like.

Sorry- Not sorry. Truth hurts.
He hasn't been on Stern for over 10 years. And you may like Stern nowadays. It's like The View with an effiminate host

Reactions: RU-AGK
yep, hes crashed, and burnign in front of our eyes

he'll have no problem finding drugs to OD on in jail

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT