ADVERTISEMENT

Sad OT: New Jerseys own Artlie Lange

Newark Technical School > Newark College of Engineering > New Jersey Institute of Technology. Name changes were all do to growth rather than "stink removal"

Reactions: NJIT_1990
am i the only one who doesn't have sympathy for this guy? I mean the way i look at it, these types of people and their "comedy" on Stern etc. are all just nasty A holes so i'm not surprised to learn they're usually miserable addicts.

This is what being a POS human being looks like.

Sorry- Not sorry. Truth hurts.
Im with you. I could care less about this guy even when he wasnt funny. But its amazing on how much sympathy this guy gets after destroying himself over and over and over and over...

My nephew was pretty tight with him. Hung at Suspenders on union/elizabeth border alot was in there numerous times when these idiots were doin yeager bombs one after the next

You’ve got to be happy and have something to look forward to.
RU football, golf, Giants, Yankees and Rangers, movies.
Being a good husband and father, coaching my kids softball is what’s kept me sober and happy for 25 years
My will power has nothing to with it, it’s a gift from god.
rangers? Yea I know they beat the Devils tonight , but the rangers? I will just leave the football thing alone.

Passaic Township = Long Hill Township
South Belmar = Lake Como
There was a vote in my town, North Plainfield, to change the name to Stony Brook, but it didn't pass. I think South Plainfield also considered changing to Hadley, but it didn't go anywhere.
The Stony Brook Schnucks has a ring to it. Guess it didn't matter.

Just another example of how we elevate celebrities and continue to given the second, third, fourth, etc, chances regardless of their bad, destructive behavior

Reactions: tico brown
This man IMO doesn't want help. He has hit his "rock bottom" and still continues to use. It's sad, but he will be dead soon as someone else. His demons are winning.

This man IMO doesn't want help. He has hit his "rock bottom" and still continues to use. It's sad, but he will be dead soon as someone else. His demons are winning.
Not sure he has hit rock bottom yet. Each arrest picture is worse than the previous one. I think I posted it above, but he has some sort of guilt complex over the fact that his father fell of a ladder and he was not there to hold the ladder for him.

Not sure he has hit rock bottom yet. Each arrest picture is worse than the previous one. I think I posted it above, but he has some sort of guilt complex over the fact that his father fell of a ladder and he was not there to hold the ladder for him.
You are right. Maybe when his damn nose falls off his face that will be the rock bottom.

Sorry to sound so cold, but they are wasting time and resources on this man who obviously doesn't want to get better. There are addicts out there who would benefit from treatment and are serious about becoming sober. This man is not. I am not, nor ever have been an addict, but I know people close to me who are in recovery. This man is not serious about getting sober. I try to have compassion for people who are suffering from addictions, I just can't for people who don't work the program.

They need to do a remake of the 1980's commercial "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" with this is your face, and this is your face on drugs.

x1eq39cnje0nnwrdb6yf.jpg

Artie-Lange.png

Reactions: Jm0513 and MrsScrew
Being a good husband and father, coaching my kids softball is what’s kept me sober and happy for 25 years
Zap, I get what you are saying about having something to look forward to and I guess him being in outpatient treatment allows him to work and keep his mind busy BUT at this point after so many times I honestly worry about the innocent person he is going to injure or kill in a car accident (He already had a crash in Toms River). To me he needs a year or more in an inpatient setting. I wonder if there is a way he can do that and someone take him to work for the HBO show and right back to the facility? maybe best of both worlds but I guess that goes against what they are trying to do inside...

Reactions: ldwnmas
I've never been a fan but I hope for anyone in his condition to turn it around. And let’s be fair - he was/is pumping gas as part of his rehab, not for the money.

May God's gift last Forever.

If he wants, he'll get clean, but he has to put in the effort and put that effort in everyday.
Just wanting to get and stay clean don't do shit.

My opinion:
If a full effort to stay away from drugs and anything that causes a weakness that might lead back to using isn't involved , addicts can want all they want, but will not get clean , even after rehab.

Someone should kidnap him, take him to a lonely mountain cabin... "black snake moan" him and film it... get him completely sober.. and make a TV show of it. Hell.. become a one-bed federal prison for hire for him.

ADVERTISEMENT