ADVERTISEMENT

Salt Seafood & Oyster Bar

Walked by last month. Very cool set up where the windows in front pop open in nice weather and make the restaurant open air. It was a packed house as well.

Had dinner there maybe two weekends ago. Despite my initial lack of enthusiasm (the thought that two seafood restaurants back-to-back, the other being Due Mari, would not be good for either), the place is solid.

Oysters were fresh, cold and expertly shucked. Florida stone crab claws were disappointing in terms of taste (bland) and texture (grainy). My entree was a red snapper daily special which was probably one of the best preparations of this fish I’ve ever had.

Service was very good, as was the design of the restaurant. Hope this place sticks.

Had dinner there maybe two weekends ago. Despite my initial lack of enthusiasm (the thought that two seafood restaurants back-to-back, the other being Due Mari, would not be good for either), the place is solid.

Oysters were fresh, cold and expertly shucked. Florida stone crab claws were disappointing in terms of taste (bland) and texture (grainy). My entree was a red snapper daily special which was probably one of the best preparations of this fish I’ve ever had.

Service was very good, as was the design of the restaurant. Hope this place sticks.

My wife and I had a similar experience there a couple of weeks ago after the MSU hoops game. We'd definitely go back. Our only beef was that they served literally the smallest cup of soup appetizer that I've ever seen. It was slightly bigger than an espresso cup!

Reactions: NotInRHouse
My wife and I had a similar experience there a couple of weeks ago after the MSU hoops game. We'd definitely go back. Our only beef was that they served literally the smallest cup of soup appetizer that I've ever seen. It was slightly bigger than an espresso cup!
They must have a thing for small cups. Their coffee cups were tiny too. Odd 'cause the rest of their dishes were relatively generously sized

Reactions: RU-ROCS
Forgot to mention here but I went last weekend also and really enjoyed it. Had the Ahi Tuna appetizer that was very good and the Halibut for dinner. Service was excellent also.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Salt Seafood and Oyster Bar is bringing the shore to New Brunswick

NEW BRUNSWICK - With tri-fold windows that open to the road, an Instagram user recently posted a photo of Salt Seafood and Oyster Bar with a caption that perfectly summed up what chef and owner Christian Graciano was going for.

"I could be in Europe," the user said.

With a less-is-more attitude, Graciano designed his eatery, which opened in September 2018, with an open and airy vibe “so you can feel like you walked off Church Street and into a New York City-style restaurant,” he said.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...food-and-oyster-bar-new-brunswick/3223446002/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT