ADVERTISEMENT

Same old Same old

Some of you guys are too obsessed on star rankings.

If you have a good HC/staff (X&O) who can identify talent and develop them you will be fine.
As another Rutgers fan stated, you can build a successful program with 3-star guys.

For example, I am
surprised on how many of the Steelers #1 Draft Picks did not even come from a Power 5 Program.

Steelers No. 1 Draft Picks.

Joe Green/DT - North Texas State
Terry Bradshaw/QB - Louisiana Tech
Frank Lewis/WR - Grambling
Robin Cole/LB - New Mexico
Ron Johnson/CB - Eastern Michigan
Louis Lipps/WR - Southern Mississippi
Aaron Jones/DE - Eastern Kentucky
Eric Green/TE - Liberty
Jamain Steephens/OT - North Carolina A&T
Troy Edwards/WR - Louisiana Tech
Ben Roethlisberger/QB - Miami (Ohio)

Narduzzi is building the Pitt Program with 3-star recruits and we can play competitive football with anyone and Rutgers can do the same.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
You guys had that big win over Miami but you also lost to Syracuse and Georgia Tech and got destroyed by Oklahoma State. I thought they were going to put up 100 on you.

You guys had that big win over Miami but you also lost to Syracuse and Georgia Tech and got destroyed by Oklahoma State. I thought they were going to put up 100 on you.

You forgot that Pitt lost their starting QB Max Brown in the 3 rd game of the season.
Went with a back up QB until game 11.

Then Kenny Picket (True Freshman QB) was put in the 2nd Quarter of the VT Game 11 and almost beat them (final seconds). Then next week (game 12) true freshman QB Kenny Picket beat Miami (#2 ranked at the time).

I predict we will beat Penn State this year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:

If you have a good HC/staff (X&O) who can identify talent and develop them you will be fine.
As another Rutgers fan stated, you can build a successful program with 3-star guys.

For example, I am surprised on how many of the Steelers #1 Draft Picks did not even come from a Power 5 Program.

Eric Green/TE - Liberty

Narduzzi is building the Pitt Program with 3-star recruits and we can play competitive football with anyone and Rutgers can do the same.

(IMHO) Pitt got the best QB out of NJ (2017) Kenny Pickett (Rivals 3-star) fantastic get.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

You seem to be making an argument for the lack of need for an NFL draft. Interesting.
However, I think the draft pool for the NFL is very different than the pool of high school talent for D1A college football. If you think stars don't matter you should look at which schools have been successfully recruiting 4 and 5 star kids and whether they have dominated D1A football. There's a reason Alabama is always at or near the top.

You seem to be making an argument for the lack of need for an NFL draft. Interesting.
However, I think the draft pool for the NFL is very different than the pool of high school talent for D1A college football. If you think stars don't matter you should look at which schools have been successfully recruiting 4 and 5 star kids and whether they have dominated D1A football. There's a reason Alabama is always at or near the top.

I am not saying stars don't matter at all.
What I am saying is you can build a successful football program who can compete with anyone with 3 star guys.

Right now Rutgers gets blown out by the likes of Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan etc.

At this point in time Pitt's 3 star players will play competitive football with Penn State and their 4 star recruits. This is what Rutgers/Ash want to achieve(IMO).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
You forgot that Pitt lost their starting QB Max Brown in the 3 rd game of the season.
Went with a back up QB until game 11.

Then Kenny Picket (True Freshman QB) was put in the 2nd Quarter of the VT Game 11 and almost beat them (final seconds). Then next week (game 12) true freshman QB Kenny Picket beat Miami (#2 ranked at the time).

I predict we will beat Penn State this year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

You forget that Browne was horrible and that move helped Pitt. Narduzzi ruined Browne who was the #1QB in the country coming out of HS.

These guys are the first dominoes to fall. The key is what dominoes fall for Rutgers. We're competing against BC< Pitt, North Carolina, Virginia, Syracuse, etc... If we are going to take a step forward, it's not in landing the five star kids, it's being a solid leader in this group.

Love the way Ash has the defense playing. not a lot of top graded kids, yet they compete. If Sitkowski can play anywhere near as good as he looks, it could be real fun days ahead for RU.

Reactions: realhoops2
For those of you who dont think Ash cant recruit please take the time to read our most recent recruits actual comments about him. Coach Ash is the reason hes coming. Can you imagine what could happen if say for a year perhaps we only have to replace say one coach. Then he could spend even more time closing out recruits. At the end of the day we are in the best media market in the best conference in the country with a coach who works 25 hours a day. Its going to work out. And very soon. We will be a force. Its a no brainer.

Its going to work out. And very soon. We will be a force. Its a no brainer.
I hope you're right, but I can't get excited after a season which included a home loss to Eastern Michigan and a blowout, shutout road defeat to Indiana. Need to see some results on the field.

Chris Ash said that Urban Meyer told him to not take the job, unless he was confident he could recruit NJ. You need a absolute top recruiter to get kids to stay home. A proven big time HC. Ash obviously, doesn’t have that going so the next best thing is to win. Just win. Win and it will get better.

You forget that Browne was horrible and that move helped Pitt. Narduzzi ruined Browne who was the #1QB in the country coming out of HS.

LOL!!!!

Browne (former 5 star QB) as a senior for USC was passed over by an under grad QB.

Narduzzi gave him an opportunity as a grad transfer. Did not work out.

Kenny Pickett (3-star QB) plays like a 5-star QB.

If you get a chance watch him perform against Penn State (National Broadcast starting at 7 PM. I believe).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Will Pitt's OL be able to keep Kenny Football and his career stat line of 39-for-66 for 509 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT off of his back?

For example, I am surprised on how many of the Steelers #1 Draft Picks did not even come from a Power 5 Program.

Eric Green/TE - Liberty

(IMHO) Pitt got the best QB out of NJ (2017) Kenny Pickett (Rivals 3-star) fantastic get.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Yes, do it the pitt way where they go through coaches every 4-5 years, have more empty seats each week than filled seats, and haven’t won a conference title in 30 years.... Of course guys, Rutgers just needs to follow the Pitt Model!

LOL!!!!

Browne (former 5 star QB) as a senior for UCLA was passed over by an under grad QB.

Narduzzi gave him an opportunity as a grad transfer. Did not work out.

Kenny Pickett (3-star QB) plays like a 5-star QB.

If you get a chance watch him perform against Penn State (National Broadcast starting at 7 PM. I believe).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Pickett played what like 3 games last year and had what 1 passing TD and he’s now a 3 Star that plays like a 5 Star??? Sheesh and I thought some of our fans drank the kool aid, lol

Eric Green/TE - Liberty

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Sure didn't look competitive from the scores I saw. Plus you aren't in the B1G. Acc wins are much easier to come by.

Without NJ Top Recruits we will never move up to the upper half of the B1G East.
Uh, really? N.J. is not the center of high school football. Give me some 3 stars from Texas, Florida, and Ohio and California and we'll be alright.
No we won’t . Never get to close to Michigan, OSU, State Penn.
So 4th place could result in maybe the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville or Music City Bowl in Nashville...

wGgCAGZ.gif

For those of you who dont think Ash cant recruit please take the time to read our most recent recruits actual comments about him. Coach Ash is the reason hes coming. Can you imagine what could happen if say for a year perhaps we only have to replace say one coach. Then he could spend even more time closing out recruits. At the end of the day we are in the best media market in the best conference in the country with a coach who works 25 hours a day. Its going to work out. And very soon. We will be a force. Its a no brainer.

You know he's a 2 star recruit right? I think the complaints are about inability to land highly rated guys .

Reactions: soundcrib and Kbee3
Will Pitt's OL be able to keep Kenny Football and his career stat line of 39-for-66 for 509 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT off of his back?

Yes they will.

Considering Kenny only played 7 quarters (career stats) against two Top 25 Teams as a True Freshman and beat the then #2 ranked team in the nation is a good start.

Additionally, I would expect Kenny to get 3 more years of additional instruction/development from our OC/QB Coach Shawn Watson.

Watson had previously been (2011-2013) the OC/QB coach of Teddy Bridgewater at Louisville.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, do it the pitt way where they go through coaches every 4-5 years, have more empty seats each week than filled seats, and haven’t won a conference title in 30 years.... Of course guys, Rutgers just needs to follow the Pitt Model!

Not getting blown out by 50 points or more by good teams.
Uh, really? N.J. is not the center of high school football. Give me some 3 stars from Texas, Florida, and Ohio and California and we'll be alright.

Agree with you totally on expanded recruiting territory.

Narduzzi will be starting his 4th year as HC at Pitt and in his 3 previous years of recruiting he has recruited 17 Rival 3-star players from Florida alone.

Finally, Narduzzi has the recruits in place for a significant improvement in the Pitt defense starting this year. That is why I'm looking forward to the Penn State game.

Things are just staring to fall into place as far as talent,development and depth.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Sure didn't look competitive from the scores I saw. Plus you aren't in the B1G. Acc wins are much easier to come by.
I don’t know!

Compare the top 5 teams in the ACC to the Big 10.

I wouldn’t say the Big 10 is that much harder.

FSU. OSU
Clemson. Michigan
Louisville. Wisconsin
VT. Ped st
Miami. Michigan st

It’s pretty close in my opinion. FSU, Clemson, Miami recruit just as good as the Top 3 in the big 10. Throw in the fact the ACC has had teams in the 4 team playoff with better success than the Big 10 recently.

The middle tier teams are pretty close in UNC, GT, Pitt compared to Iowa, Nebraska, NW.

Then the bottom teams currently Syracuse, Wake, Duke compared to Indiana, Rutgers,Maryland.

It’s pretty even in my opinion........

To be successful when coming from a bad situation, which Ash was, you've got to do a mix of three things: recruit, develop players, game day coach. He didn't have the checkbook to hire strong assistants at the beginning. That appears to be changing. This year we should see what he can do in regard to developing players, and with McNulty, game day coaching.

We really need to be 6-6 and make a bowl this year. If we do, recruiting will pick up. NJ kids would like to go to RU if they thought it would mean a good football experience and success.

I don’t know!

Compare the top 5 teams in the ACC to the Big 10.

I wouldn’t say the Big 10 is that much harder.

FSU. OSU
Clemson. Michigan
Louisville. Wisconsin
VT. Ped st
Miami. Michigan st

It’s pretty close in my opinion. FSU, Clemson, Miami recruit just as good as the Top 3 in the big 10. Throw in the fact the ACC has had teams in the 4 team playoff with better success than the Big 10 recently.

The middle tier teams are pretty close in UNC, GT, Pitt compared to Iowa, Nebraska, NW.

Then the bottom teams currently Syracuse, Wake, Duke compared to Indiana, Rutgers,Maryland.

It’s pretty even in my opinion........

Disagree. The top 5 B1G teams are way better than the Top 5 ACC teams.
Louisville , VT , and Miami. Really ?

So 4th place could result in maybe the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville or Music City Bowl in Nashville...

wGgCAGZ.gif

4th Place overall in the B1G you mean. A long, long away my friend unfortunately.

4th Place overall in the B1G you mean. A long, long away my friend unfortunately.
With the new rules about no repeat customers for the length of the contract for some of the B1G Bowls, maybe not.

But that’s up to us make to take advantage of this.

schiano was also a polarizing, micromanaging egomaniac. as it happens, they're two different people. let it play out ...because you have no choice

How about that? We agree on something. Greg Schiano is a good defensive coach, but he wears on people as a head coach. Can remember during his short time as an NFL HC when the other team lined up in victory formation at the end of the game. GS sent his guys hard, hoping to recover a fumble. The opposing players were not prepared to be knocked around, and there were considerable hard feelings. Plus flak from the press and fellow coaches. Cannot believe UT hired him and then had to withdraw when people got upset over Schiano's tenure at Penn State during the Ped years. He had no idea of what was going on, but tell that to the UT fans.
TL

Sign me up for the Pinstripe Bowl because you know that is where we will go should we achieve 6-6 somehow.

How about that? We agree on something. Greg Schiano is a good defensive coach, but he wears on people as a head coach. Can remember during his short time as an NFL HC when the other team lined up in victory formation at the end of the game. GS sent his guys hard, hoping to recover a fumble. The opposing players were not prepared to be knocked around, and there were considerable hard feelings. Plus flak from the press and fellow coaches. Cannot believe UT hired him and then had to withdraw when people got upset over Schiano's tenure at Penn State during the Ped years. He had no idea of what was going on, but tell that to the UT fans.
TL

To be fair, Greg got the short stick at Tampa Bay. The rhetoric of Greg being the problem, because he wasn't a "players coach" destroying the locker room, when he gets replaced by Lovie Smith who is a "players coach" and did just as bad if not worse.

The whole don't rush the Victory Formation is as outdated as the "unwritten" rules of baseball. Why does the defense have to give up because the offense is giving up? He didn't rush the kneel down when Tampa was down by 40, he did it when they were within a TD.

Not getting blown out by 50 points or more by good teams.

You mean like what’s going to happen to pitt this year? Oh I forgot, with your savior 3* qb who plays like a 5* despite starting all of 2 games last year and having 1 career passing TD will take you to the promise land.

The truth is Pitt loses a ton, your online will be weaker, your only offensive playmaker Henderson has moved on, best defensive player Whitehead moved on, Starting TE leaving who everyone was screaming was a headcase despite your fans not wanting to hear it (for the record, Paris Ford is another headcase). Half your defense is gone, 4 young players including what would have been your starting linebacker all got kicked off the team, and Narduzzi is amount the worst recruiters I’ve ever seen. Ya’ll just had a legacy recruit who grew up a huge Pitt fan commit to Notre Dame.... damn.

4-12 next year for pitt, avg attendance about 40%capacity, next offseason looking for a new coach... the pitt way!

No we won’t . Never get to close to Michigan, OSU, State Penn.

You are correct. If Rutgers is ever going to realize it’s dream of being a legitamate contender and building itself up the way Michigan state has done the last 8-10 years (just football, not the whole kid rape, awful administration dumpster fire part that’s going on over their right now, strictly talking athletic success), RU has to keep top Jersey talent Home. They have to change the culture and make more local kids grow up idoling Rutgers instead of Michigan, Penn State, etc like it’s been for years.

That’s the only way we become consistent winners in the conference imo

Reactions: RU#1fan
You mean like what’s going to happen to pitt this year? Oh I forgot, with your savior 3* qb who plays like a 5* despite starting all of 2 games last year and having 1 career passing TD will take you to the promise land.

The truth is Pitt loses a ton, your online will be weaker, your only offensive playmaker Henderson has moved on, best defensive player Whitehead moved on, Starting TE leaving who everyone was screaming was a headcase despite your fans not wanting to hear it (for the record, Paris Ford is another headcase). Half your defense is gone, 4 young players including what would have been your starting linebacker all got kicked off the team, and Narduzzi is amount the worst recruiters I’ve ever seen. Ya’ll just had a legacy recruit who grew up a huge Pitt fan commit to Notre Dame.... damn.

4-12 next year for pitt, avg attendance about 40%capacity, next offseason looking for a new coach... the pitt way!

Don't know where your getting your information.

I am really confident about next year because we will have a really good defense.

Pitt will be returning 10 on the D including the middle linebacker who was injured last year.

The defense continued to improve as the season progressed and in the last two games against 2 Top 25 Teams Pitt held VT to 20 points and Miami to 14 points.

On the OL, Pitt returns 3 starters in addition to bringing in a grad transfer(arrives May 1) who has started OL for 3 years. Also Pitt has good depth on the OL (Narduzzi has recruited many OL players). The 17 Florida recruits are working out well as Narduzzi continues to recruits this great state with the help of Charlie Partridge.

LOL!!!! at your predictions.

Watch us beat Penn State in September in a National Broadcast Game.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:

I am really confident about next year because we will have a really good defense.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I hope you are right about that one !!!!!

Pitt will be returning 10 on the D including the middle linebacker who was injured last year.

The defense continued to improve as the season progressed and in the last two games against 2 Top 25 Teams Pitt held VT to 20 points and Miami to 14 points.

On the OL, Pitt returns 3 starters in addition to bringing in a grad transfer(arrives May 1) who has started OL for 3 years. Also Pitt has good depth on the OL (Narduzzi has recruited many OL players). The 17 Florida recruits are working out well as Narduzzi continues to recruits this great state with the help of Charlie Partridge.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I REALLY hope Pitt beats Penn State. Other than that I can't see how Pitt is some model program for Rutgers at all. We're both in similar shoes right now. Although Pitt has had some success upsetting ranked teams, they also go and lose to Syracuse. I also don't think the ACC is as good as the Big Ten in terms of depth and coaching talent.

Kids don't grow up RU fans in NJ. Hopefully will change being in the Big Ten and on national TV every week. Winning the occasional game over the powers will help too.

Kids don't grow up RU fans in NJ. Hopefully will change being in the Big Ten and on national TV every week. Winning the occasional game over the powers will help too.

Disagree with that totally. The 2006 season brought many kids into the RU fan base.
Flood basically destroyed it and Ash has yet to recapture it [so far ].

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT