ADVERTISEMENT

Sakima

RUfanDNT

Sophomore
Aug 14, 2011
It looks like Sakima Walker is going to a JUCO. She shared at one of the games that she wasn't playing due to academics. I guess this was the solution. I wish her well.

Last edited:
If academics wasn't the reasion.
Surprising, unless the program she wanted can't add her till next year.
I would think she'd land a spot with a good program instead of going JUCO.
But guess it was a classroom problem that had her go JUCO.

If academics wasn't the reasion.
Surprising, unless the program she wanted can't add her till next year.
I would think she'd land a spot with a good program instead of going JUCO.
But guess it was a classroom problem that had her go JUCO.
I never had a classroom problem. The room was fine. I was just to stupid to put in the time to study.
But that's just me.

Walker’s team was in the JUCO title game which was televised tonight. She was easily the best player in this game had a nice season. She is considered a top 5 JUCO prospect. If she has her academics in order, would she return to RU and would RU even consider it?

The top JUCO player is headed to Fl St.

Reactions: RUcrazee
Walker’s team was in the JUCO title game which was televised tonight. She was easily the best player in this game had a nice season. She is considered a top 5 JUCO prospect. If she has her academics in order, would she return to RU and would RU even consider it?

The top JUCO player is headed to Fl St.
Glad to hear that her team did make it to the final. Have to go back and watch it tomorrow.

It would be nice if she decided to give us a go again. Her potential is through the roof just like Chyna's or even moreso with her length and mobility.

lol We probably need to get RUfanDNT to fix the title of this thread as a start to wooing Sakima back to the banks. 🧐...😁...😁

• Haha
Reactions: eso1989
Her main problem at RU was academics. I heard her tell someone that was why she wasn't playing. If she could get her grades up, I would love to see her come back to RU.

Glad to see her doing well in JUCO and probably very happy right now... I'd like to see her back here too.. As was mentioned, she had an impressive season that led to a JUCO championship and to her being named the championship tournament MVP.

In her 4 tournament games, she was a combined 33-51 FG, 3-5 3PT, 11-18 FT, 80 PTS, 33 REB, 10 BLK, 7 AST, 6 STL. (In the championship game: 23 PTS, 9-19FG, 1-1 3PT, 4-5 FT, 12 REB, 4 BLK, 2 AST, 1 STL.)

Sakima's overall season stats: 16.7 PPG, 59.8% FG, 52.6% 3PT (10-19), 74.6% FT, 8.2 REB, 1.4 AST, 1.5 BLK, 1 STL, 1.7 Personal Fouls, No foul outs.

Reactions: RUcrazee
Started to post this last night, but last night belonged solely to Destiny.

Soooo happy things seem to be working out for Sakima. As much as I hated to see her leave, the way things are working out, it's a really inspiring journey filled with life lessons to grow on. I wish her nothing but the best going forward.

This is the part that grips at my heart. You never know what a person may be going through.

So happy for her. With her potential, the sky is the limit. As much as the fan in me wanted her to come back to us at RU, I understand why she wouldn't. I'll definitely be watching and cheering for her success at SC and beyond.

Looks like Sakima picked a winner
Just wish she'd have decided to help make RU a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT