ADVERTISEMENT

***Sarah Baumgartner is leaving Rutgers for Texas***

A loss for sure. Need to hire a good replacement.

Wonder if she would make the move back to Rutgers ?

This is a MAJOR hire especially with the new practice center on the horizon. Wonder how much Coach Schiano will play a role in the hire ?

This is a MAJOR hire especially with the new practice center on the horizon. Wonder how much Coach Schiano will play a role in the hire ?
I'd actually be pretty good with a football centric assistant AD right now. Hobbs has hoops and the Olympic sports on lockdown, so getting a football mind for an assistant AD would help since the next major goal for RU Athletics is the indoor field house for football.

Good for her. I know Texas fundraising is an entirely different level than RU.

Actually surprised it’s not a bigger job. She will make a great AD some day soon.

loss for us. But, it was only a matter of time. Great experience for her - with this stop on her resume (and I know she'll be a success) means a D1 AD is around the corner for her...

Last edited:
to fundraise for new football practice facility,it better be somebody good.better not be some political appointment hack.Hobbs is shaky with Football.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Wish her all the best down in Austin.

Need to find a strong replacement. No idea if anyone on the current staff is worthy of consideration for a promotion to Deputy AD. Hope they can attract strong accomplished folks from outside to apply who can bring a different perspective.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Sara, Sara, storms are brewin' in your eyes
Sara, Sara, no time is a good time, oh
Sara, Sara, storms are brewin' in your eyes
Sara, Sara, no time is a good time for goodbyes
Said, "Sara, you're the poet in my heart, never change, never stop"
But now it's gone, it doesn't matter what for
But when you build your house, well then call me, "Home"

That one helluva career change……hopefully she never sets foot in NJ again let alone Rutgers.

Maybe this guy lured her over?
BattleReady.0.gif

Sarah is all class. Always pleasant. Answered e-mails. Got very sincere handwritten thank you note from Sarah after we made a donation. She will be missed.

Wow...

Easy hire. Shawn Tucker. C'mon down.

I do agree Shawn Tucker should be brought back into the fold but Rich DeMarco has been making his bones over at Army as an Associate AD on the marketing side for over a decade. From his Army bio:

From 2009-2012, the marketing office captured a total of eight National Association of College Marketing Administrators (NACMA) "Best Of" Awards, as well as being recognized with three-straight NCAA "Pack the House" honors in 2009, 2010, 2011.

He understands Rutgers because he's lived it. He's a loyal son who's earned at the very least a phone call. If anything it might be tough to lure him away because, if you've ever spent even a few minutes with Rich, he LOVES what he does and his joy for it actually comes off of him in waves.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT