ADVERTISEMENT

***Sarah Baumgartner is leaving Rutgers for Texas***

Hire someone with a proven background from a school with solid athletics who has climbed the career ladder. No need to focus on Usual Suspects. There are plenty of very successful athletic programs outside NJ.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Would have no problem with looking at schools around the Big Ten like Wisconsin, AS LONG AS it is someone who understands New Jersey is very different than the rest of the country.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Despite our “experience” with a certain football coach, I would love to see our athletic program be at their level year after year. Plus I want Rutgers Hockey before I die .

RaRa, is that a thumbs up or down from them for Marco ?
@HeavenUniv. I don't know their sentiments regarding filling the vacancy (or if they have opinions on it or not), but they donated the money for the practice field and had it named for Marco. So if they chose to weight in, and I'm not sure they would since that can be a fine line, Marco might get a recommendation.

Hire someone with a proven background from a school with solid athletics who has climbed the career ladder. No need to focus on Usual Suspects. There are plenty of very successful athletic programs outside NJ.
So...Shawn Tucker?

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
So...Shawn Tucker?
He is a good candidate. I’d like to see experience and proven fundraising at a higher profile athletics department. But his credentials are very good and Rutgers might be the next step for Shawn Tucker. Rutgers folks know him well. No introductions would be needed. And Coach Schiano would no doubt be happy with the choice. Also I like his ties to NJ cities and Florida.

He is a good candidate. I’d like to see experience and proven fundraising at a higher profile athletics department. But his credentials are very good and Rutgers might be the next step for Shawn Tucker. Rutgers folks know him well. No introductions would be needed. And Coach Schiano would no doubt be happy with the choice. Also I like his ties to NJ cities and Florida.
He's really magnetic in person. I feel he'd have no trouble getting money out of me.

Reactions: RUDiddy777

Plus he’d have an accomplished mentor there with K-Mac.

Easy hire. Shawn Tucker. C'mon down.

I wish I could like this a million times...Shawn Tucker would be a fantastic hire.

Best of luck to Sarah- by all accounts, she seems like a great person and one talented athletics staff person! Obviously, her goal is to be an AD at a P5 school, and if she felt this was the right move for her and her family (especially since Texas is one of the top schools out there for all sports and Austin is not a conservative city), then she had to make this move. Given her success in her role at RU, there should be a number of qualified candidates for her old role. It's a lot easier to fill a position if it's perceived as a stepping stone, as opposed to a dead end!

Best of luck to Sarah- by all accounts, she seems like a great person and one talented athletics staff person! Obviously, her goal is to be an AD at a P5 school, and if she felt this was the right move for her and her family (especially since Texas is one of the top schools out there for all sports and Austin is not a conservative city), then she had to make this move. Given her success in her role at RU, there should be a number of qualified candidates for her old role. It's a lot easier to fill a position if it's perceived as a stepping stone, as opposed to a dead end!

God forbid it would be a conservative city. Blucher!!!

Guess she hasn't read the latest wallethub rankings that list NJ the best state to live in with TX at #33. They must be paying her like 3X the salary to leave such a great place. LMAO !

Reactions: MulletCork
Sarah was extremely competent and genuinely friendly at the same time.
She will be missed.

Sara was very friendly and cared about the experience for all RU fans in addition to the demands of her job. Had some good conversations with her.

Reactions: ScarletDave
No income tax is huge.she will probably save about $20k on income tax.
So for a lousy 20k, she's going to turn her back on all those great schools, Da Suuure, access to NYC, Philly -- and let's not forget AC ! SMH. She'll be itching to come back within a year, I bet. Wait till she has to get out and pump her own gas when it's 100 degrees !

So for a lousy 20k, she's going to turn her back on all those great schools, Da Suuure, access to NYC, Philly -- and let's not forget AC ! SMH. She'll be itching to come back within a year, I bet. Wait till she has to get out and pump her own gas when it's 100 degrees !
You sound jelly and like you are missing all that is great about the Great State of NJ. It's not for everyone. You are leaving out a lot of gems along the shore- Ocean City, Wildwood, Cape May, Island Beach State Park, Sandy Hook, Asbury Park and Long Branch to name just a handful. Don't know what your problem is with NYC and Philly, but your locale does not hold a candle to the diversity of people, restaurants and entertainment options offered in Nashville. Quite familiar with Nashville, and it is a fantastic little city with a lot to offer. But it does not come close to New Jersey. A close second for us is Arizona--and as much as we love Arizona, it lacks in several areas compared to NJ. For those that don't mind the cost of living here in NJ, it is a fantastic place to live. To each their own, and no need to cast stones at other places.

Reactions: ClassOf02
You sound jelly and like you are missing all that is great about the Great State of NJ. It's not for everyone. You are leaving out a lot of gems along the shore- Ocean City, Wildwood, Cape May, Island Beach State Park, Sandy Hook, Asbury Park and Long Branch to name just a handful. Don't know what your problem is with NYC and Philly, but your locale does not hold a candle to the diversity of people, restaurants and entertainment options offered in Nashville. Quite familiar with Nashville, and it is a fantastic little city with a lot to offer. But it does not come close to New Jersey. A close second for us is Arizona--and as much as we love Arizona, it lacks in several areas compared to NJ. For those that don't mind the cost of living here in NJ, it is a fantastic place to live. To each their own, and no need to cast stones at other places.
If a person doesn't like NJ and they leave, all the power to them. Why they have to talk sh!+ and take jabs every chance they get is beyond me.

If a person doesn't like NJ and they leave, all the power to them. Why they have to talk sh!+ and take jabs every chance they get is beyond me.

They do it because they couldn't hack it here so have to feign strength.

It's like the t shirt- NJ: Only the Strong Survive. They want to tell us they didn't survive, and I guess we should feel bad or something? I don't.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I don't get it either but folks feel the need to rationalize the choices they make or are looking for affirmation that they made a better choice (when that's really just a personal decision that can be different for each individual). It's pure insecurity really.

You never want to lose good people, but when your assistant AD is hired by one of the biggest athletic departments in the country, your hiring the right type of people. Hobbs will find a solid replacement.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
I think this is both a positive for her and Rutgers.
We will attract good candidates to replace her.

[QUOTE="Phi_1055, post: 5190710, member: Executive Senior Associate AD?
[/QUOTE]

If you can believe it, UT Athletics already has 3 others with that title too so Sarah will be the 4th. Each has a different area of focus, though.

[QUOTE="Phi_1055, post: 5190710, member: Executive Senior Associate AD?

If you can believe it, UT Athletics already has 3 others with that title too so Sarah will be the 4th. Each has a different area of focus, though.
[/QUOTE]
Got to wonder if she knew the whole SEC thing was going down as she interviewed.

ADVERTISEMENT