ADVERTISEMENT

***Sarah Baumgartner is leaving Rutgers for Texas***

If you can believe it, UT Athletics already has 3 others with that title too so Sarah will be the 4th. Each has a different area of focus, though.
Got to wonder if she knew the whole SEC thing was going down as she interviewed.
[/QUOTE]
i believe she has a lot of success and experience fundraising off of a new conference affiliation. Not just at Rutgers but prior as well.

Got to wonder if she knew the whole SEC thing was going down as she interviewed.
i believe she has a lot of success and experience fundraising off of a new conference affiliation. Not just at Rutgers but prior as well.
[/QUOTE]
Did she contact Texas or did Texas recruit her? Maybe UT brought her in specifically because they were in the final phase of jumping to the SEC and wanted a person with success in capitalizing on fund raising while moving to a better conference.

If you can believe it, UT Athletics already has 3 others with that title too so Sarah will be the 4th. Each has a different area of focus, though.
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely

When I read what she will be responsible for, it sounds like more of an internal role operations role rather than focused on fund raising. Maybe she wanted a change or was looking to round out her portfolio to put her in better position for an AD role next.

Reactions: MrsScrew
You serious? She was more or less universally loved throughout the department and by most everyone who came into contact with her. I haven't met one person with a bad word to say
She may have been liked, but there is probably a reason Schiano showed her the door and she took a lesser role at UT.

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
She may have been liked, but there is probably a reason Schiano showed her the door and she took a lesser role at UT.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

#2 at Texas. The largest Athletics department in the country.
They have a lot of money and visibility but the number of programs they sponsor is rather modest among major schools. They have 17.

OSU has 36.

We have 22.

Is she really the #2 at UT?

Not sure about the division of responsibilities across the senior staff at the UT athletic dept but it appears she shares that cumbersome sounding title with no fewer than three other individuals in the dept.

That may just be an administrative formality and she could be considered the #2, or they each have certain aspects of athletic administration that they're individually responsible for given their capabilities and professional interests with no clear hierarchy under Chris Del Conte, the AD. But it seems unlikely that all four of them can each be the #2 behind him.

Is she really the #2 at UT?

Not sure about the division of responsibilities across the senior staff at the UT athletic dept but it appears she shares that cumbersome sounding title with no fewer than three other individuals in the dept.

That may just be an administrative formality and she could be considered the #2, or they each have certain aspects of athletic administration that they're individually responsible for given their capabilities and professional interests with no clear hierarchy under Chris Del Conte, the AD. But it seems unlikely that all four of them can each be the #2 behind him.

Does Texas law allow access to salary information of public universities? That would tell the story.

No idea but my guess is that it probably is public info. Not sure how conclusive it would be if they all happen to be paid within a prescribed salary range for a certain position.

The AD is making a boatload of money

The athletics department sure makes a lot of money, that's for sure

Reactions: RUnTeX
ADVERTISEMENT