ADVERTISEMENT

Sarge's Q&A with Pike

"They couldn't get through a workout 90 days ago when we had our fist one."

What was that comment in another thread about rolling balls out and having cigars?

"They couldn't get through a workout 90 days ago when we had our fist one."

What was that comment in another thread about rolling balls out and having cigars?
Coach-speak. Every new coach, football and basketball, says the same thing. Previous regime did not get it done physically. A way for the new regime to buy time until improved talent arrives. Only measurement at Div-1 level is winning. Let's see how many more Big Ten wins and closer contests we witness. Last year it was varsity versus jayvees too many times.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Excellent read. We got to #FenceTheGarden with these basketball players!

I liked him saying he wouldn't be throwing scholarships around .
Seems like he's will ing to take a step back from improving depth now to making sure the depth Rutgers has in the next couple of years will be players that can help and not just fill roster.

I liked him saying he wouldn't be throwing scholarships around .
Seems like he's will ing to take a step back from improving depth now to making sure the depth Rutgers has in the next couple of years will be players that can help and not just fill roster.
Kicking the can down the road for a few more years has not been a successful approach for the mens basketball program.Rutgers must show improvement in the won/loss record this season or Pikiell will be facing the same nightmare results in the future.Winning matters now!

Kicking the can down the road for a few more years has not been a successful approach for the mens basketball program.Rutgers must show improvement in the won/loss record this season or Pikiell will be facing the same nightmare results in the future.Winning matters now!
Do see your point, but I think Jordan hurt himself by his handing out scholarships to some players filling out roster that might not have been B1G material.
That's why I feel it's a give up depth this year so spots will be there, next season, for recruits that deserve them and have players you can build a program with, not ones you are trying to survive with during the time they are on the roster.

Reactions: SAE96
ADVERTISEMENT