ADVERTISEMENT

Satilite Camp ban lifted

The NCAA is as weak as the NJSIAA , both have been outlawyered and out resourced by the powerful programs .

It's up to the other 80% of programs in their organizations to break away and start their own organizations. Or drop sports to club level.

The NCAA caved under pressure from the SEC but when a couple lawyers got involved they realized they didn't have a leg to stand on and where going to look like fools. The ban was only going to hurt high school kids that can't afford to travel all over the country to different football camps. I read an article that 90% of the players that attend these camps are not even D1 prospects who are simply trying to learn more about football from top notch coaches. The NCAA and SEC look foolish in the whole thing.

good thing they didn't ban slumber parties or building a fort in the recruits living room

cgwl0s9uyaa_vab.jpg

hahahahaha F the SEC. It was a stupid and petty thing to do in the first place, all they did was hurt smaller schools and all the high school kids who can't afford to go to lots of camps.

tOSU camp has just about every college from Ohio send coaches and most the offers given out are from those schools. tOSU will only go after the elite that come to the camp but all the other kids, lots of 1,2, or 3 stars show up and there are so many smaller schools there that will offer them.

the other top programs are the same way, a single camp lower level prospects can go to to get seen by lots of eyes. taking that away from them was downright shameful.

The NCAA caved under pressure from the SEC but when a couple lawyers got involved they realized they didn't have a leg to stand on and where going to look like fools. The ban was only going to hurt high school kids that can't afford to travel all over the country to different football camps. I read an article that 90% of the players that attend these camps are not even D1 prospects who are simply trying to learn more about football from top notch coaches. The NCAA and SEC look foolish in the whole thing.
The NCAA caved when the DOJ started investigating.

This is a good thing for us even though our fans obsessed with Harbaugh think otherwise. Remember it was GS who caught flak on this for having camps in Florida. Hopefully Ash takes advantage.

Reactions: RUgrad75
The NCAA should die a terrible death...seriously, schools need to break away from this bullshit.
The school are the NCAA. How do you break away from yourself? Athletic directors who represent schools and conferences voted for this. It was not some NCAA rule maker that decided this. This is about as stupid as saying the United States needs to dump congress and the senate when all they would do is set up a new one with the same politician in office.

The school are the NCAA. How do you break away from yourself? Athletic directors who represent schools and conferences voted for this. It was not some NCAA rule maker that decided this. This is about as stupid as saying the United States needs to dump congress and the senate when all they would do is set up a new one with the same politician in office.

What the f*ck are you talking about? The Power 5 schools breaking away from the NCAA has been talked about for years...with your analogy... It would be like the 10 most powerfull states breaking away and forming their own country with a new congress more tailored to its needs, mainly because they are constantly subject to the bullshit of a broken system...The structures within the NCAA are broken and outdated. It's corrupt as f*ck.. Do I really need to explain to you the bullshit debacle in how they handled the Penn State issue??? The joke with North Carolina??? The fact that this whole bullshit satellite ban only went through because the "Pac12 rep" ("basically an NCAA appointed rule maker") voted agaist 11/12 schools wishes??? WTF??? Yeah, like the athletic directors had a f*cking say in this.... It's broken!!! The structrue is shit!! Also, why the f*ck should the MAC, AAC, SunBelt..etc.. have any say in what Penn State does???... There is a huge disconnect with the needs and capabilities of the power 5 schools and the means and abilities of the rest of the schools...the structure is beyond repair imo and this is yet another example... The power 5 schools have already started to trend towards a different level... And the B1G is leading the pack as it is about to take a huge financial shit on the rest of the P5 conferences after they ink the new TV deals...schools like Idaho will keep popping up noting its too damn expensive to stay in the FBS...the governance of that increased power needs to be managed in a more responsible way...yes, they have "autonomy" for certain things...but it clearly is not enough and has just become a new subset of the disaster that is the "NCAA way"....the only thing I see in the future is a new organization in which the P5 completely separates from the NCAA (all other Division I schools) and forms a new structure composed of only the P5 schools. Start from square 1..stop trying to fix a severely broken model.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...as-created-a-small-subset-of-ncaa-dysfunction

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyNewark51
So.. Schiano and lowly Rutgers gets a jump on the competition by establishing these satellite camps in Florida.. and the hammer comes down.. UNTIL the big boys figure out how to do it and start doing it... now they have the advantage, as they usually do.. and the NCAA blesses it.

great... now we can have a Florida camp.. and compete with Texas, Michigan, etc all doing the same thing. And here in Jersey.. how many schools will we see invade?

I'll take a guess..

Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State, Georgia, Oregon? why not. Maryland. West Virginia.. who am I missing?

They are going to come here a recruit no matter what.

However, now we can go to these places and meet as many young players as possible.

This actually helps Rutgers more than it hurts it. IF we take advantage and I think Ash will.

There seems to be some confusion here. The ban that was lifted was only put in place a month or two ago. It was largely an SEC response to the publicity Jim Harbaugh was getting over his camps.

Schiano's Florida camps were banned around 2007, and as far as I know, still are. I confess that I don't understand the distinction between these types of camps.

...Schiano's Florida camps were banned around 2007, and as far as I know, still are. I confess that I don't understand the distinction between these types of camps.

The difference (as I understand) is that Schiano's camps were Rutgers camps sponsored and run by Rutgers with only coaches from Rutgers "instructing" the kids, but they were held away from the Rutgers campus (Dade County, Florida). The current camps are/were workarounds to the original Schiano-camp ban.

What we're talking about is a camp sponsored by say "Florida A&M" (or whatever small school you want to insert), held on the "Florida A&M" campus, with "Florida A&M" coaches, but with Rutgers/Michigan/Ohio State coaches in attendance helping to "instruct" the kids. If some of those kids are good enough to get an offer, so much the better.

It also goes the other way, with small school coaches "helping" at the big school camps. Now, MAC school coaches can also help "instruct" kids at the Ohio State camps, and maybe find/offer kids who aren't good enough to garner an Ohio State offer, but can play.

It's a small difference, but in the end, the camps benefit the athletes as well as all schools not in the SEC. If you look at it from the prospective of the athlete, these camps make it easier for them to get more exposure to coaches who might not have otherwise seen them in person.

Let it be known, many of harbaugh's creative moves are actually the ideas and execution of Chris partridge.

Also, these camps are way more advantageous to schools with poor recruiting territories. The B1G West just got tossed a huge life raft

ADVERTISEMENT