ADVERTISEMENT

Save The Date “Parade For Pop” Scheduled For April 23

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
SAVE THE DATE
“PARADE FOR POP” SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 23

Vineland Mayor Anthony Fanucci announced today that plans are being made for a Super Bowl Victory Parade and Rally in recognition of Kansas City Chief’s running back Isiah “Pop” Pacheco. The “Parade For Pop” is scheduled for Sunday, April 23 beginning at 11:00 am. Final details regarding the parade route and rally location are still being finalized, and will be announced shortly.

"So many residents of Cumberland County are eager to demonstrate their admiration for Isiah’s accomplishments,” Mayor Fanucci said. “This community rally will be an opportunity for all of us to offer our congratulations to our hometown hero upon achieving his dreams of becoming a World Champion, and for being such a wonderful ambassador for the City of Vineland.”

For more information or to register in advance for the parade, please contact Special Events Coordinator Sheena Santiago at shsantiago@vinelandcity.org, or call 856-794-4000, ext. 4169.

SAVE THE DATE
“PARADE FOR POP” SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 23

Vineland Mayor Anthony Fanucci announced today that plans are being made for a Super Bowl Victory Parade and Rally in recognition of Kansas City Chief’s running back Isiah “Pop” Pacheco. The “Parade For Pop” is scheduled for Sunday, April 23 beginning at 11:00 am. Final details regarding the parade route and rally location are still being finalized, and will be announced shortly.

"So many residents of Cumberland County are eager to demonstrate their admiration for Isiah’s accomplishments,” Mayor Fanucci said. “This community rally will be an opportunity for all of us to offer our congratulations to our hometown hero upon achieving his dreams of becoming a World Champion, and for being such a wonderful ambassador for the City of Vineland.”

For more information or to register in advance for the parade, please contact Special Events Coordinator Sheena Santiago at shsantiago@vinelandcity.org, or call 856-794-4000, ext. 4169.

On the one hand, I’m super happy for Pacheco and the success he’s having. It’s great to see.

On the other hand, I’m not a fan of parades to celebrate success in sports. Not a fan of adulation of individuals or organizations in general.

Parades that celebrate our young men and women coming home from wars? Or to celebrate first responders who risk their lives to protect and save others? Or that celebrate our independence as a nation? Stuff like that, I’m all for it.

That’s my grumpy post for the day. 😀

On the one hand, I’m super happy for Pacheco and the success he’s having. It’s great to see.

On the other hand, I’m not a fan of parades to celebrate success in sports. Not a fan of adulation of individuals or organizations in general.

Parades that celebrate our young men and women coming home from wars? Or to celebrate first responders who risk their lives to protect and save others? Or that celebrate our independence as a nation? Stuff like that, I’m all for it.

That’s my grumpy post for the day. 😀
I would think Pop would be a great role model for the youth of Vineland, especially for at risk kids, not just for his success on the field, but for the person he is. That to me is well deserving of a hometown parade.

My lifetime ban from Disney World also includes a concurrent ban on parade attendance. 😟

I would think Pop would be a great role model for the youth of Vineland, especially for at risk kids, not just for his success on the field, but for the person he is. That to me is well deserving of a hometown parade.
I agree with you in that, by all accounts, he has been a great role model for the kids in Vineland and everywhere else. And IMO it's great when entertainers, like Pop, set great examples for young people to follow. He deserves a ton of credit and recognition for it for sure.

My intent here is not to take anything away from him (or any other athletes like the McCourty's). I'm mostly just being philosophical.

There are lots of great role models among more ordinary people out there, right? I bet Pop could name several who had a huge impact him and his success. I think the town should've instead scheduled an event where Pop could meet with and give a talk to the kids and others about the great role models (teachers or coaches or parents) that influenced him and helped him be successful, along with the value of hard work, etc.

Philosophically, I think there's way more value in that event, for the kids (and others) in Vineland, than attending a parade to celebrate one person's great success in the NFL. I also think there's more value in it for Pop.

Definitely did not take your comments as a diss for Pop and understand your perspective. Ideally, they could do both, parade for the celebration and notoriety then smaller, personal meetings for talks.
Parade might wider audience and impact younger kids, personal meet might impact older kids on the cusp of deciding which path to take.
In the meantime let Pop and the people of Vineland enjoy the well earned celebration.

Thanks for posting the photos from the parade Mrs. S. It looked it like a great time in Vineland.
Well deserved for an outstanding young man,

ADVERTISEMENT