ADVERTISEMENT

Scarlet Fever Has New Rutgers Jerseys

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Scarlet Fever in New Brunswick has the new Rutgers Football jerseys in the red version for adults ( sizes Small to Double XL). Not sure when they will get the new jerseys for children. Their phone is 732-247-4678.

Taylor,
That looks like something you might see on etsy.com (although Easy also has some Rutgers stuff I like).

There was a tweet with a photo of Darius wearing 91..... The 9 looks like it might not fit within the number font they've been showing. I guess I'll need to see them all at once.

Do they ever sell authentic jerseys or just the replicas?
I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen authentic jerseys for sale anywhere. If they are actually sold somewhere I would definitely rather buy an authentic than a replica.

I was in NB and bought one this evening. I like it. I just worry some of our friends here will think it's a little too salmony. It's definitely scarlet and not "red."

As an FYI in case you're planning to order one, they are smaller than the older style jerseys. In fact I think my old 2006-vintage in size L fits a bit looser than this one in XL.

I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen authentic jerseys for sale anywhere. If they are actually sold somewhere I would definitely rather buy an authentic than a replica.

Not in-store, but at the spring game apparel sale they sell authentic game-used jerseys. We bought one of the old road jerseys this year (the pre-chrome era). It's much different, though, than the several replicas we have. They are very, very long, perhaps to ensure they stay tucked in.

Not in-store, but at the spring game apparel sale they sell authentic game-used jerseys. We bought one of the old road jerseys this year (the pre-chrome era). It's much different, though, than the several replicas we have. They are very, very long, perhaps to ensure they stay tucked in.
Yeah I was referring to normal retail authentics meant for customers to wear rather than players. I guess they don't actually make those. The player jerseys are designed to be worn with shoulder pads, which is another reason why they are so long. I'd prefer to wear an authentic but the team-issued jerseys are kind of hard to wear because of their dimensions.

Speaking of the team-issued jerseys, does anyone know why some have names and some don't, and why some have the conference logo and some don't?

Does anyone know if the white version will be made available for sale

Does anyone know if the white version will be made available for sale

Scarlet Fever will only sell the scarlet one, and only with #1. Not sure about other vendors, but since the old white ones weren't sold anywhere, I'll assume the new ones won't be either, unless you can get an authentic game-worn at auction or something.

Scarlet Fever will only sell the scarlet one, and only with #1. Not sure about other vendors, but since the old white ones weren't sold anywhere, I'll assume the new ones won't be either, unless you can get an authentic game-worn at auction or something.
Do you know for sure they won't sell other numbers once the season gets started and other key players emerge? Is whatever they get at the start of the year all that will be available until next season? I'm trying to decide if I should just get one now or wait until I won't be the same as everyone else.

Do you know for sure they won't sell other numbers once the season gets started and other key players emerge? Is whatever they get at the start of the year all that will be available until next season? I'm trying to decide if I should just get one now or wait until I won't be the same as everyone else.

Anything's possible, but I asked last time I was there and they said they would not be getting any other numbers. Period.

Saw these at Scarlet Fever seemed MUCh thicker/heavier and def SMALLER than previous jerseys. I usually wear an XL and I think I might need a 3xl if I were to buy this version.

The real things look much better than the mock-ups.
The best replicas where the ones from 2010/2011. I have a Nike one I bought at the RU bookstore on the clearance rack for 20 bucks. One of the best jerseys I own.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Back around 2003 I actually ordered a real jersey from Scarlet Fever... at the time their vendor could customize it with the number and name of your choice (all that naturally came with a premium). I guess that's no longer an option.

I was there yesterday. They are thick and very heavyweight. I'll be buying one in September.

Last edited:
FYI, the gallery in this article of photos of recruits at Rising Knight Day is by far the best showcase yet for the look of the new uniform designs.....some of the number combinations look very wide set like #24

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...s_footballs_rising_kn.html#incart_river_index

reading the linked story that was about recruits making a visit for an event most of the recruit reactions were good.. then I saw this:

Jasiah Provillon, WR, Irvington (N.J.) (2018): "All I did was eat the food then talk with some of the recruits that I knew for a while like Javon Turner, Gerald Crowley, Drew Singleton, Josh Jackson. And I spoke with Matt Hewitt the most. No other coaches really said anything to me but 'hey, how ya doing.'"

I don't know much about the recruit in question, but it looks like he could use some attention.

Overall.. seems to be a great job by the staff. One thing I think could have been done.. and might have for all I know.. is explain "The Hunt" to these kids and encourage them to start their own "Hunt" to improve their HS play and that whether or not they choose Rutgers or are even made an offer, that they will benefit from pursuing the goals of "The Hunt" every day. On the selfish side, if you get HS kids spreading "The Hunt" around, it can only help.

Love the new uniforms ... But the 9 looks terrible, sorry! Wish they could have used the font that actually goes with our letter font, the style that most all the other sports were using besides football, the same font as the block "R". Now all the sports were switched to this new font ... otherwise would have been perfect. Still 95% perfect ;)

Reactions: MikeRU09
Love the new uniforms ... But the 9 looks terrible, sorry! Wish they could have used the font that actually goes with our letter font, the style that most all the other sports were using besides football, the same font as the block "R". Now all the sports were switched to this new font ... otherwise would have been perfect. Still 95% perfect ;)
Just sticking with block numbers would have been fine.

Put this 14...
th

On this...
20882585-standard.jpg

And I think we get very close to 100% perfect.

Last edited:

Yeah...the numbers are terrible... It's like Nike just has to do "something" every time...I was finally warming up a little to the numbers, then I saw the 9... It was another FML moment with Nike... Lol

Agree...95% happy though... I have a feeling these uniforms will get dumped again with our next contract and we are going more traditional. I think Ash wants plain and simple...just a hunch.

It sounded like Ash simplified the current ones as much as he could with short notice when he took over the process from the Flood regime. God only knows what they would look like if Flood was still here.

I saw a CFL game on the other week and actually thought Calgary's number font looked pretty cool:

stampsjersey.png

Joe P.

Can we get the same Jersey as worn in 06 season? Those are my favorite and wish we never changed

Could have been worse. The most popular soccer team on the planet (Real Madrid - arguably) had to endure an entire season of these rags:
Free-shipping-Real-Madrid-home-white-13-14-jersey-marcelo-isco-OZIL-Ronaldo-RAMOS-alonso-star.jpg

They might as well have been sponsored by Home Depot to complete the look:
home-depot-paper-signs1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT