ADVERTISEMENT

Scarlet News: Monday QB

Scarletnewstp2222

Redshirt
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2022
Hello all, Tim from Scarlet News. You may have seen my tweet about expanding more on Monday QB. Here it is, after the win, I was seeing some talk about Gavin Wimsatt. They talk about whether will he be playing the next game. or will he look for another school? The win should help Noah Verdal's case for playing the rest of the games. After what I saw personally I like to see him finish 2022. With important games on the line, now is the time for him to step up. For Gavin, I think this will be a good learning year. Talk about leaving I do not agree he appears to like it here and his teammates seem to love the guy. Cannot see why he would be upset and I think he will be hyped up for the next season.

Hello all, Tim from Scarlet News. You may have seen my tweet about expanding more on Monday QB. Here it is, after the win, I was seeing some talk about Gavin Wimsatt. They talk about whether will he be playing the next game. or will he look for another school? The win should help Noah Verdal's case for playing the rest of the games. After what I saw personally I like to see him finish 2022. With important games on the line, now is the time for him to step up. For Gavin, I think this will be a good learning year. Talk about leaving I do not agree he appears to like it here and his teammates seem to love the guy. Cannot see why he would be upset and I think he will be hyped up for the next season.
He could use some receivers. And maybe a tight end.

I would like to see Gavin Wimsatt get some series to lessen the learning curve. As far as him leaving, well like any other player it depends on what he is offered after the year. He could get a huge deal from a school back home, with either SEC's Kentucky or Louisville with their big money recruiting deals.

Unfortunately like all else there is a great deal of pressure to keep kids like Gavin here at Rutgers.I get it…he likes Rutgers and probably the staff and team . Gavin may even see the benefits of staying for 3— 4 more years but this is about the open season NIL shills from other top schools. As the saying goes $$$$$ talks … we’ll need Wimsatt to play more and only by doing so will he improve for the future. Greg Schiano knows that… yes we need to win now and Noah does help our chances in game management going forward. If Wimsatt is making progress weekly and we are not mathematically still bowl eligible Wimsatt will be the guy to finish the season if healthy. Figure at least 2 full games as the Rutgers QB.

Reactions: Rutgers2023
In today’s college world there are good reasons to question a player‘s possible motives for leaving even when all things point to them being happy at the school. $$$$ talks …. This fact alone is what causes even a schools like Rutgers in the B1G to understand the landscape has changed. Our head coach has said as much and it is a valid concern. I worry about losing guys like Aaron Lewis, Wes Bailey , Sam Brown and about 7-8 other potentially very good players currently getting experience and exposure. Those people all aren’t being morons … those people all aren’t stirring the pot …they just know what can happen. You don’t think recruiters such as Fran Brown or the guy at A&M have some of these guys in their sights ? Do I personally think this player or player leaves ? No I do not but this new system certainly gives teams reason to do all they can to keep players from dipping their toes into those now lucrative waters.

Zappa said it….Paraphrasing here because not looking for the thread.

2 of Schiano‘s important strong points are recruiting and talent evaluation. The new rules make those things less important than they use to be.

2 of Schiano‘s important strong points are recruiting and talent evaluation. The new rules make those things less important than they use to be.
Actually there's a third, gaining the trust and keeping that player's trust from the time first in contact with player as a talent being recruited and after he signs his LOI keeping that trust.
Sometimes that can make a difference in keeping talent from looking for greener pastures or leaving because the loyalty to the program isn't strong

The new rules make player evaluation even more important if a school doesn't have great NILs behind it.
Getting overlooked talent becomes more important if top talent look elsewhere because of NIL
So that strength becomes even more important in order to overcome lack of NIL help.when recruiting HS talent or getting transfers from the portal , along with keeping the players already on the roster that are high on the depth chart and are being counted on to help.

Those things are still important with the transfer portal, but the most important piece of the puzzle is player development. That's what will ultimately determine whether Schiano 2.0 will succeed or fail.

This is uncalled for. The original post was on-topic and non-confrontational. Plus, we know that players transfer all the time for a wide variety of reasons. So, please knock off the name calling.
lol… Relax there snowflake. Half of these morons are my friends and I know the other half. It’s sad with lots love I promise you.

Last edited:
lol… Relax there snowflake. Half of these morons are my friends and I know the other half. It’s sad with lots love I promise you.
Okay so everyone who disagrees with you is a “moron?” What a way to go through life. I doubt you have as many friends as you think you do if that’s how you treat people.

Oh and I’m not a “snowflake,” but I can think of one on this board. He has hysterical temper tantrums when fans dare question Rutgers declaring games “sellouts” when it’s been proven beyond any shred of doubt that attendance figures are being inflated by as much as 20,000 per game. Hilarious to watch that snowflake melt down during games, LOL.

Last edited:
Okay so everyone who disagrees with you is a “moron?” What a way to go through life. I doubt you have as many friends as you think you do if that’s how you treat people.

Oh and I’m not a “snowflake,” but I can think of one on this board. He has hysterical temper tantrums when fans dare question Rutgers declaring games “sellouts” when it’s been proven beyond any shred of doubt that attendance figures are being inflated by as much as 20,000 per game. Hilarious to watch that snowflake melt down during games, LOL.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

LOL nobody cares about those threads, posted during games after a day long of tailgating, after the fact. It is what it is and way too many of us post during games, when we're already emotional, when we shouldn't. I've known and tailgated with some of the very posters I go back-and-forth with on those threads. We're all good, trust me, and I'm sure as hell not lacking in the "friend" department. Worry about yourself.

• Haha
Clear path for Gavin, Vedral’s final year, they have not recruited over him, he is clearly the heir apparent, and he will get minutes from here on out as well

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT