ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano doing Schiano things yet again..

RutgersSam

All American
Nov 6, 2004
Told everyone last season what we have as a coach and, of course, all I got was vitriol. I broke down Schiano's history and followed up with all of his coaching flaws using data and multiple historical examples from his lackluster career, yet all I saw in response was personal insults.

Inexplicably, some of our fans STILL think he's a great coach. It's the biggest cognitive dissonance in sports right now.

And since recruiting is the lifeblood of any program, how is Schiano doing there this year? One of the worst classes in the conference. Add to that his complete inability to develop players at this level and the loss of our best player (our punter), and we have a recipe for more years of being a national embarrassment.

Again, are you a Rutgers fan or a GS fan? It should be becoming more and more obvious that they are contrary intentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: goru1869
Told everyone last season what we have as a coach and, of course, all I got was vitriol. I broke down Schiano's history and followed up with all of his coaching flaws using data and multiple historical examples from his lackluster career, yet all I saw in response was personal insults.

Inexplicably, some of our fans STILL think he's a great coach. It's the biggest cognitive dissonance in sports right now.

Again, are you a Rutgers fan or a GS fan? It's becoming more and more obvious that they are contrary intentions.
He may be a great coach and that is debatable. He isn’t a great HC and that isn’t debatable

I was 100% on board with the hire. At the time sounded like a home run and was excited for the future of the program. Now, I’m not as excited, and am more than skeptical Schiano can get it done.

Moral of the story is… it’s ok to for those of us who were excited 3 years ago to say perhaps we were incorrect. However there is no point in beating ourselves up over the past. As with all things, Trust that you made the best decision at the time and move on

It's OK. Some of our posters predicted the team would suck this year so it's OK if they suck. Never mind what it says about the coach and future prospects that they're so bad in Year 3. I'm sure tons of great players are dying to sign on to a 4 win team after 3 years.

I was 100% on board with the hire. At the time sounded like a home run and was excited for the future of the program. Now, I’m not as excited, and am more than skeptical Schiano can get it done.

Moral of the story is… it’s ok to for those of us who were excited 3 years ago to say perhaps we were incorrect. However there is no point in beating ourselves up over the past. As with all things, Trust that you made the best decision at the time and move on
Very well said

Reactions: RUref
It's OK. Some of our posters predicted the team would suck this year so it's OK if they suck. Never mind what it says about the coach and future prospects that they're so bad in Year 3. I'm sure tons of great players are dying to sign on to a 4 win team after 3 years.
people need to ask themselves honestly, would you let your son play in an offense coached by Greg?

No in this house and my scarlet runs deep

people need to ask themselves honestly, would you let your son play in an offense coached by Greg?

No in this house and my scarlet runs deep
You're not alone. The idea that Schiano will recruit his way to succes if given time is undermined by the fact that great players don't sign on with bad teams in programs with little history of winning. Recruiting classes are getting weaker, not stronger. 3 years is enough time for recruits to say "it doesn't look like they're going anywhere. "

You're not alone. The idea that Schiano will recruit his way to succes if given time is undermined by the fact that great players don't sign on with bad teams in programs with little history of winning. Recruiting classes are getting weaker, not stronger. 3 years is enough time for recruits to say "it doesn't look like they're going anywhere. "
exactly

all you need to know is the on the safety blitz, he trotted in. This team has zero spirit, zero fight, coaching appears to be nonexistent, decision making is abysmal, and yet people here will support him.
Everyone, EVERYONE, should boycott all things RU football until the school get's serious about winning and hires someone with such a big bat that it's impossible not to be excited.

Tennessee is happier than a pig in $Hit and we know their fans are smarter than ours recognizing what a colossal mistake that would have been

exactly

all you need to know is the on the safety blitz, he trotted in. This team has zero spirit, zero fight, coaching appears to be nonexistent, decision making is abysmal, and yet people here will support him.
Everyone, EVERYONE, should boycott all things RU football until the school get's serious about winning and hires someone with such a big bat that it's impossible not to be excited.

Tennessee is happier than a pig in $Hit and we know their fans are smarter than ours recognizing what a colossal mistake that would have been
I have given money to facilities but not to football because they spend it badly, on Schiano.

It is no longer 6 years to rebuild a program. Portal has changed that. Reality is the defense is really solid but the offense is so bad it skews the perception. Need to revamp the offense completely.

exactly

I have given money to facilities but not to football because they spend it badly, on Schiano.
I’ll still plan on renewing my season tickets (2 seats) as of right now.🤷‍♂️

I root for my Alma Mater and the name on the front. Don’t really care who’s wearing the headset or helmet.

Reactions: Leonard23
I’ll still plan on renewing my season tickets (2 seats) as of right now.🤷‍♂️

I root for my Alma Mater and the name on the front. Don’t really care who’s wearing the headset or helmet.
we all do but supporting the same mediocrity isn't supporting your alma mater. The two are not inextricably linked

exactly

LMAO...I love how you and Tennessee fans completely white wash that they hired Pruitt instead, and he was abysmal for 3 years with a 16–19 record and multiple NCAA violations. Oh yeah, let's skip over that period and onto Heupel's 2022 success ... 🤡

LMAO...I love how you and Tennessee fans completely white wash that they hired Pruitt instead, and he was abysmal for 3 years with a 16–19 record and multiple NCAA violations. Oh yeah, let's skip over that period and onto Heupel's 2022 success ... 🤡
If Tennessee had hired Schiano he likely would've done worse than 16-19.

• Haha
Tennessee didn’t get that first hire right but they fired the failure and got it right the next time.

We too hired a failure but the fans don’t realize it. Our fans don’t recognize the fraud. Big difference.

Well said.

I actually predicted 4-7 before the season and was ok with that. However, I expected a team that showed promise, an improved Schiano with valuable knowledge from experience since Schiano 1.0, a team that was improving rather than going backwards and appearing to have quit, a marked improvement in our highly regarded QB, and improved recruiting. None of that happened. This 4-7 might as well have been 2-9. I’ve been a fan since the 70s and it’s the first time I can ever remember not looking forward to next season.

I actually predicted 4-7 before the season and was ok with that. However, I expected a team that showed promise, an improved Schiano with valuable knowledge from experience since Schiano 1.0, a team that was improving rather than going backwards and appearing to have quit, a marked improvement in our highly regarded QB, and improved recruiting. None of that happened. This 4-7 might as well have been 2-9. I’ve been a fan since the 70s and it’s the first time I can ever remember not looking forward to next season.
Seasons have been 12 games since 2006

Reactions: TonyVolt
Shill…Wagner shouldn’t count. This year and next, and maybe even the year after that, we have 11 college football opponents and 1 scrimmage.

Schiano said afterwards he needs to look at everything including himself. This is not the intense Schiano from 10 years ago. This CEO stuff is getting old. Do we blitz anymore because if we can't get to the QB, our DB's get picked apart. And what the heck are all these penalties? He preached that we needed to play a clean game years ago if someone screwed up, they were off the field. Today it's more like a father talking with a son. I get this teaching players to become men but they are also supposed to be football players. They weren't football players today.
He needs better players but he also need coaches who can develop players.

no need to bunch your panties, no one is whitewashing anything but good on you to try and deflect

• Haha
If we were losing games 45-38 or 52-50 I'd at least feel we were close, that "them's the breaks" in college football. We're getting shut out CONSTANTLY. Blown out CONSTANTLY. We don't do offense AT ALL.
And penalties. The team is very poorly coached. Anyone being honest can see that very clearly.

Reactions: brgRC90
Schiano said afterwards he needs to look at everything including himself. This is not the intense Schiano from 10 years ago. This CEO stuff is getting old. Do we blitz anymore because if we can't get to the QB, our DB's get picked apart. And what the heck are all these penalties? He preached that we needed to play a clean game years ago if someone screwed up, they were off the field. Today it's more like a father talking with a son. I get this teaching players to become men but they are also supposed to be football players. They weren't football players today.
It's painful to watch him analyze & speak with any coaching intellect during those pressers. But it's more painful watching him try to actual coach during gameday.

We all know people that are just bad at their jobs, and it's blatantly obvious what the truth is despite them acting as if they are actually competent.

He said that last year. And nothing changed.

Reactions: jsol_05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT