ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano for Temple Head Coach?

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Looks like the Temple coach is gone to Georgia Tech.

Seems like a good landing spot for Schiano. Would recruit the hell out of NJ/Pa/Del/ Md

Not much enthusiasm for him there, and I don’t want him, either. He’s a good candidate for many places, but Temple isn’t one. Just not a good fit. Not sure he’s hungry enough for it, either.

Pass.

Schiano would probably get McNutty to come over with him. I don't think he did a good job here anyway. Demo, Curt, Butch Jones, Diacco far behind ?

I heard Schiano is taking the Liberty College job. :rolleyes:

LOL ( a good one Abro)
Mario Cristobal is in the mix along with Jeff Morehead.
Then there is the Al Golden possibility along with Charlie Strong.
Guess recycling an old article into current movement does wonders to get ones blood flowing on message boards like this.
[thumb2][cheers]

Reactions: Abro1975
Hearing Gary will move into and rent Flood's house in Bridgewater, will commute to Philly, then buy Ash's house after the 2019 season !

Brian Leonard to replace Hobb as AD November 2019 !,

Greg Schiano is to Rutgers, as Billy Martin was to the Yankees.

Both brought their teams back from irrelevance , and both always in the conversation for being the Skipper again.

Both Charismatic, media savvy, got the good players to come play for them. Both control freaks, both fan favorites, but both sometimes got more attention than their own teams.

Billy a bit crazier than Greg, though.

Temple has 24 commits, 18 of which are 2*. RU Recruits Avg 2.64, Temple 2.25. If RU took most of those guys you'd be screaming to the high heavens.

I'm more than paying attention.
Well this is a fact art if u wanted to advance your coaching career where would up go Rutgers or Temple. I hate to say it but based on the last 5 to 6 years it would be Temple hands down. Coaches go there to get promoted

Hearing Gary will move into and rent Flood's house in Bridgewater, will commute to Philly, then buy Ash's house after the 2019 season !

Brian Leonard to replace Hobb as AD November 2019 !,

Uhm, Kyle Flood lives in Middlesex.

Reactions: Abro1975
Temple has 24 commits, 18 of which are 2*. RU Recruits Avg 2.64, Temple 2.25. If RU took most of those guys you'd be screaming to the high heavens.

And they'd likely beat us with those 2 stars including that guy ....um.. Russel.

Not much enthusiasm for him there, and I don’t want him, either. He’s a good candidate for many places, but Temple isn’t one. Just not a good fit. Not sure he’s hungry enough for it, either.

Pass.
How do you know anything about his hunger level? Are you friends? You’re talking out of your buttocks.

You heard it here first: Greg Schiano will coach the Giants. Take it to the bank (Deutsche Bank).

Reactions: MADHAT1

Perfect example of why everyone obsessing over recruiting rankings and average stars is useless.

Its coaching. It will also be coaching.
Recruiting rankings are meaningless at our level.

I have been talking about Schiano possibly going to Temple for the last month. Collins' agent was promoting him for every open P5 job, so I had a feeling there might be an opening. I don't know if Temple wants him, their last 4 hires that have worked out pretty well were not HCs prior to taking the Temple job, so taking a retread HC would be something different. Having said that, it does makes sense in that Temple is probably one of the few schools that would not have any difficulty with Schiano's past connection to Joe Paterno and Penn State. I don't even think that would be a blip on the radar with them. Schiano does know the area and short of a P5 gig, it is not that bad. I would bet Schiano's agent is already on the phone trying to get an interview with Kraft, we'll see.

I have been talking about Schiano possibly going to Temple for the last month. Collins' agent was promoting him for every open P5 job, so I had a feeling there might be an opening. I don't know if Temple wants him, their last 4 hires that have worked out pretty well were not HCs prior to taking the Temple job, so taking a retread HC would be something different. Having said that, it does makes sense in that Temple is probably one of the few schools that would not have any difficulty with Schiano's past connection to Joe Paterno and Penn State. I don't even think that would be a blip on the radar with them. Schiano does know the area and short of a P5 gig, it is not that bad. I would bet Schiano's agent is already on the phone trying to get an interview with Kraft, we'll see.
There will be mutual disinterest. Neither one is a good fit for the other.

Well this is a fact art if u wanted to advance your coaching career where would up go Rutgers or Temple. I hate to say it but based on the last 5 to 6 years it would be Temple hands down. Coaches go there to get promoted
And that’s a good thing?

Reactions: chrisru99
As SHU wrote, Schiano doesn’t fit our model. Some folks want the AD to bring back Golden. I’m in the no thanks corner with that one. Appreciate how he turned around the culture, but don’t want chapter 2. Our AD will line up some solid candidates. We’re going to be more than fine.

Reactions: Knight Shift
As SHU wrote, Schiano doesn’t fit our model. Some folks want the AD to bring back Golden. I’m in the no thanks corner with that one. Appreciate how he turned around the culture, but don’t want chapter 2. Our AD will line up some solid candidates. We’re going to be more than fine.
@RUaMoose will vouch for Al Golden, it that helps.

Hmm, another team and another fan of that team that does not want a chapter 2. Must be a Schiano hater. . . . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT