ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano is interested

Get it done. Reassign one of the 11 coaches who can recruit and get him out there. Maybe he can pull in a couple recruits before Dec. 18th. If this is Hobbs endgame than I think it's a brilliant move. Allows him to get a jump start on everything and you possibly could salvage a recruiting class.(I know we did that before, but this time we're not hiring a complete idiot.)

Get it done. Reassign one of the 11 coaches who can recruit and get him out there. Maybe he can pull in a couple recruits before Dec. 18th. If this is Hobbs endgame than I think it's a brilliant move. Allows him to get a jump start on everything and you possibly could salvage a recruiting class.(I know we did that before, but this time we're not hiring a complete idiot.)
Even if you were to hire him tomorrow, you don’t announce him as your HC. HC’s can only visit schools 1 time. You announce him as an analyst or something with HC duties starting Day season ends.

Even if you were to hire him tomorrow, you don’t announce him as your HC. HC’s can only visit schools 1 time. You announce him as an analyst or something with HC duties starting Day season ends.
Good thought.

Reactions: RUskoolie
Inside info. Its happening

iu

If he was interested in Temple twice, one would have assumed he would be interested in Rutgers. I don’t see how this changes the equation. Hobbs is the AD and he has a duty to the University to at least have an appearance of a legit coaching search before he offers the job to any individual. Will it happen the morning after the season ends, possible, but I wouldn’t expect an official announcement beforehand. Relax, Schiano is not in demand by any other P5, or even FBS program, if he wants to be a college HC next year he has one choice, Rutgers.

Reactions: jvgrad02
Lots of interesting talk in the podcast about donors becoming impatient with Hobbs and his reluctance to speak to Schiano. That would explain the Towers tweet. If this is true Hobbs is a dangerous AD who could bury a program he has already damaged.

hobbs better be careful hes walking a very fine line right now

Hobbs is in a Win Win situation here.
If Schiano turns the Program around as expected: I picked the right guy.
If Schiano fails : All the Fans and big time Donors wanted Greg so I went with that.

Never thought of that loophole. Nice thinking outside the box, well done.

Hobbs is in a Win Win situation here.
If Schiano turns the Program around as expected: I picked the right guy.
If Schiano fails : All the Fans and big time Donors wanted Greg so I went with that.
I don’t think he gets away with that... a failure is a failure no matter who it is and regardless of who wanted what. That’s why it should be his call... if he goes down he goes down his way cause he won’t get reprieve. High school coaches and fans liked the Flood hire for saving the class. Did that earn anyone a reprieve no it got twenty twenty hind sighted for stupidity of focusing on just a single class.

Success is success failure is failure no matter the choice. Whatever he chooses Schiano or otherwise is at his feet... success or failure.

with our luck we'd get 5 less scholarships per year over 4 years with probation and a bowl ban the next time we have a 500 record if we did this

Looks like some Florida kids are gonna be playing in the BigTen...and they’ll not have to wear that dumb turnover chain....

ADVERTISEMENT