ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano Leaving On The Helicopter

Get to the chopppah!

3149_original.jpg

i agree with the history part...I, like most always wondered what would have been if GS hadn't left before we got the BIG invite. Can't fault him as the nfl is a dream for most coaches, but we were finally establishing a strong presence in nj recruiting. Now we get to see it, only its a more seasoned schiano who seems hell bent on taking the resources sticking it to the doubters

i agree with the history part...I, like most always wondered what would have been if GS hadn't left before we got the BIG invite. Can't fault him as the nfl is a dream for most coaches, but we were finally establishing a strong presence in nj recruiting. Now we get to see it, only its a more seasoned schiano who seems hell bent on taking the resources sticking it to the doubters

Same here. He had finally gotten an experienced OC in Cignetti, nailed down RU's best recruiting class in history and had Hafley, Angelichio, Fleck on staff. Flood won the Big East the next year. Schiano would've done better.

My daughter was at Hale this afternoon and sent me a picture of the empty head coach parking spot. It was great knowing that A the position was filled and B Schiano was already out on the road recruiting.

Same here. He had finally gotten an experienced OC in Cignetti, nailed down RU's best recruiting class in history and had Hafley, Angelichio, Fleck on staff. Flood won the Big East the next year. Schiano would've done better.
Won the BE did he.? NO doubt Greg would have gotten more than that miserly 1/4th of the pie.

ADVERTISEMENT