ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano on NIL

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Schiano discussed NIL for the first time with reporters at the golf tournament yesterday.

"I think we need, like every school in the country, we need to step up and be able, as a whatever the word is, as a collective, as a fanbase. We need to be able to be competitive and give our players the chance to make money of their Name, Image and Likeness."

His full comments on the subject are in his Chris Iseman story on APP.com

Please consider joining Knights of The Raritan now if you haven't, I will personally match the monthly commitment of the last 100 members that join by Thursday if we get 20 more new members by the end of that day. One member will also be chosen to get an upgrade to the $500 benefit level.

Click here to learn more and join: https://knightsoftheraritan.com/join/

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
As a donor and funder of scholarships in two non-revenue sports, I am concerned that our NIL program will not be nearly as impact as possible. I have a question that is highlighted below.

It seems to me that our resources are limited and that we maybe spreading our NIL funds among too many programs to have the greatest impact. Until we have substantial resources (at least $3to $5 million dollars to distribute) would we more effective to limit contributions and NIL support to solely football and basketball?

These two sports drive the bus and have the ability to raise our profile and have a significant positive impact on the non-revenue sports. Once we have the funding to compete with the "big boys" and are in the top tier of football and basketball programs, we can focus on the non-revenue sports. At this time, we can't be all things to all people. Spreading contributions is unlikely to raise the Rutgers profile and enhance our image. If the Knights of the Raritan limited contributions to our two profile sports, I would commit substantially more than the highest membership level currently listed on the website.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Our donation pile should all be directed towards NIL and all incoming donations should be funneled towards NIL. Forget the field house, waste of money.

@barrelroll You have the option of earmarking YOUR money to those sports.

So far the vast majority of the money has been earmarked by members to football, men’s basketball or the general fund. The latter gives the executive board discretion as to where to direct that money.

So far our deals have been primarily football and men’s basketball focused. There are people who want to give to other sports and will only give to those and not to football and basketball.

Happy to discuss this with you directly, Email me at jnewman@hodgespart.com and we can schedule a conversation.

Jon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT