ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano on NIL

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Schiano discussed NIL for the first time with reporters at the golf tournament yesterday.

"I think we need, like every school in the country, we need to step up and be able, as a whatever the word is, as a collective, as a fanbase. We need to be able to be competitive and give our players the chance to make money of their Name, Image and Likeness."

His full comments on the subject are in his Chris Iseman story on APP.com

Please consider joining Knights of The Raritan now if you haven't, I will personally match the monthly commitment of the last 100 members that join by Thursday if we get 20 more new members by the end of that day. One member will also be chosen to get an upgrade to the $500 benefit level.

Click here to learn more and join: https://knightsoftheraritan.com/join/

Jon, this Schiano quote really echoes what KTR is doing… I know you and I discussed it, but thought everyone here would appreciate it. What we are doing is no secret… THIS speaks exactly to what KTR is focused on… and everyone here has seen my comments on the right/wrong way of NIL…

“ "When it’s done improperly against the rules, then it’s not good. When you do it to try to lure recruits, that’s not what NIL was meant for. NIL was meant for just what it is – Name, Image and Likeness, the ability to profit on that when you’re a college football player."”

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Basically he is saying the student athletes should be paid.

I wish we could go back in time. I’d be fine in the Atlantic 10 or less of a conference. Don’t need coaches making 4 million. Don’t need to be in a conference just to afford expenses. This has all gone wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Ed
ADVERTISEMENT