ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano Presser here

If somehow Greg knew we were going to shut down UM in the 2H, he might not have gone for the 4th before H. Like he said, hindsight is 20/20 - I don’t think the decision itself was really a mistake.

If somehow Greg knew we were going to shut down UM in the 2H, he might not have gone for the 4th before H. Like he said, hindsight is 20/20 - I don’t think the decision itself was really a mistake.
the real mistake was on defense when we let through that huge pass play right after to get the ball into the Michigan redzone.

Schiano knows he didn’t have his best game yesterday. Gotta give him credit for that.
He basically said as much. He can’t come out and say “I underestimated where we were at in the build” obviously, but in fairness, he had said in the pregame that he honestly didn’t know how we’d stack up in BIG play.

Where he went for it on 4th and 10, I think he’s going to review the tape and realize that he overvalued the first 2 Michigan drives relative to the second two in terms of what he could expect from his defense going forward (Michigan had 4 drives at that point and on the most recent 2 we had started to settle in). It’s easy to say in hindsight we should’ve trusted them more to keep RU in the game but the first 2 drives weren’t that far removed at that point and we did look awful in them.

ADVERTISEMENT