ADVERTISEMENT

Score 108 points and get best by 69.

Usbcbowler

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Just saw Illinois State beat Greenville. 177 to 108. Couldn't find individual stats tjough

That’s the kid of game you get together with the other team beforehand - we won’t block your shots you don’t block ours, but no offensive rebounds allowed, you get one shot from wherever

I didn't think it possible that any team could score 177 points in a game --over 4 points a minute? wow!!!!!

I didn't think it possible that any team could score 177 points in a game --over 4 points a minute? wow!!!!!
I'd like to see one of those plots of the shooter's locations on the court for made shots. I have to assume 80+% of them were layups or dunks.

Was Greenville’s original name the Washington Generals?

If this game was broadcast on radio , can you imagine how exhausted the announcers must have been? They probably lost their voice 5 minutes into the second half.

12 guys played for Illinois State.. only 2 did not hit double figures... they suck! But they also played 8 and 9 minutes. 3 bench players played as long or longer than starters. As a team they shot 57% from 3.. 8 for 14.

29 of 42 on FTs. So the refs were busy. Greenville whistled for 31 fouls and committed 24 TOs and had ZERO blocks.

Really that box score looks impossible.. the loser got 30 boards to the winner's 57

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT