ADVERTISEMENT

Scout

He goes to West Orange with no exposure and very few camps. He will rise when the first 4 game tapes come out

Kid has great athleticism. Looks like a tweener - DE/LB. Has a Turay-type get off. I have never heard of West Orange producing D1 talent.

Similar skill set to Wilbur Valdez from Bosco.

If he went to Seton Hall Prep like most of the decent players in West Orange he'd be 3 stars . He needs to be coached up on his tackling mechanics for sure.

West Orange has been a weak Public Football program for many years now.

The best Jr HS prospects in Essex County go to Bosco, SPP, BC, etc if they are getting financial aid and/or their parents can afford it. Cedar Grove's DeVito went to Bosco, DeLorenzi to BC, East Orange's Peppers course to Bosco and PC, Montlcair's Lumpkin to SPP. It's amazing Cedar Grove was able to hang onto the Njoku brothers.

PS- Evidence Njoku told our little local paper that Miami having his brother really isn't a big factor as his brother will turn Pro before he would get there, and that he really loved his visit to USC.

If you follow how Ash recruits, he just gets good players...do you really think Ash takes a kid right now that is really a 2 star player? We are slow playing 3 star kids...understand the landscapes before worrying about star- cripes, Melton, who is on of those dynamic WRs you will is only a 3 star

Reactions: beaced and RC71
If a player is commited to a D1A program, he is automatically 2 stars. This kid is an academian, kook at who else offered him. If Temple offered, it would seem that he has talent. Hey, I wondered too, but I don't think Ash recruits throwaways. He must see something. Even if it were STs.

Tried to edit 'kook' to look. BTW, I did review his highlight vids He's got talent, but the question is 'what teams did he play in them. Also, I' wonder about is size, wheter he is a legit 6'2 208. Teams have a habit of 'pencil stretching' players. In any case, he has talent for STs minimally. I played the rush position on punt block and I can see that he plays it very well. RU has been the best at blocking kicks and punts since 2009. Nobody has done it better, and it won RU a number of games. I'd be OK with that.

Armin, I guess uou should be our coordinator and evaluator of talent. I have always believed if the staff likes a player then they have more information and insight than most of us who perhaps only see a highlight tape which of course is just that as opposed to a full hands on evaluation, discussion with coaches and family etc. Schools have had several players who were originally either unrated or 2 stars who in the end received higher grades from rating services or were steals because of the staff did a bettet job of evaluating and coaching.

Bottom line...cool your jets. And don't underestimate his smarts which often make a player better on the field and digest situations better than others

Armin, I guess uou should be our coordinator and evaluator of talent. I have always believed if the staff likes a player then they have more information and insight than most of us who perhaps only see a highlight tape which of course is just that as opposed to a full hands on evaluation, discussion with coaches and family etc. Schools have had several players who were originally either unrated or 2 stars who in the end received higher grades from rating services or were steals because of the staff did a bettet job of evaluating and coaching.

Bottom line...cool your jets. And don't underestimate his smarts which often make a player better on the field and digest situations better than others

I meant, any site rating CJ under 3 stars is a joke. The kid is very very good.

Ummm....pretty sure Armin meant anyone who rates him under 3 stars is a joke.

The Jets took an OSU guy in the first round who is smallish, smart, quick and hits like a truck. Is CJ going to be that guy? Maybe so Maybe not. But he has the right coach to take those skills and run with them

The Jets took an OSU guy in the first round who is smallish, smart, quick and hits like a truck. Is CJ going to be that guy? Maybe so Maybe not. But he has the right coach to take those skills and run with them
CJ won't be small, he jumped a grade academically so he still has some growing ahead of him, wouldn't be surprising if he ends up a rush end.

If you follow how Ash recruits, he just gets good players...do you really think Ash takes a kid right now that is really a 2 star player? We are slow playing 3 star kids...understand the landscapes before worrying about star- cripes, Melton, who is on of those dynamic WRs you will is only a 3 star

Melton looks like a game changing 5 star on tape.

The most reliable ranking for NJ players is always NJVarsity.com. They watch the players playing football on a football field that they have seen live...not from summer camps, 7 on 7's or from a 3 minute Hudl tape.

That being said, they have CJ at #14 in the state, ahead of 5.6 3 stars Devin Miller, Ben Petrula, and Marvin Pierre among others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT