ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket numbers

This is flat out nonsense! Purdue embarrassed OSU! I can’t remember the last time we scored a TD on OSU!

They have a WR who was an All American as a Freshman! Tell me the All American caliber WR on our roster in previous years.

The recruiting classes are not similar.
According to you we have a roster full of All Americans.

Personally, I think part of the problem lies in expectations.

It's a mistake to believe that Rutgers will ever be better than a .500 team over the long run. "Average" is our upper limit. The goal is to rise above mediocrity.

It's a mistake to believe that Rutgers will ever be better than a .500 team over the long run. "Average" is our upper limit. The goal is to rise above mediocrity.
At one time expectations of greatness was common. Now that type of expectation is being discouraged:YesNo

Reactions: RUskoolie and ATIOH
At one time expectations of greatness was common. Now that type of expectation is being discouraged:YesNo

At one time we didn't play a Big 10 schedule.

It's no secret that we have to play OSU, UM and PSU every year. "Greatness" would be consistently beating those teams - teams with bigger brands, much bigger pockets, more rabid followings, more generous donors and a history of winning.

Best case scenario is that in any given year we're playing for #3 in the division because we catch PSU by surprise or UM is on the downside of whatever weirdo coach they hired last. On the other side of the conference, Wisconsin and MSU will be better than us most years. So... 6th in the conference, in a good year, 5th in a great year.

Pointing all that out is not "discouraging expectations", it's being rational.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Ash being successful isn't as simple as recruiting Florida. He should have been fired after last year. Said going to a bowl was goal and achievable; missed badly.

And where was the money to buy out yet another coach's contract going to come from? How many contract buyouts have the taxpayers of NJ already funded? RU Athletics is hemorrhaging money. Adding another buyout to the list would not have been good financially nor politically for administrators looking to keep their jobs..

And where was the money to buy out yet another coach's contract going to come from? How many contract buyouts have the taxpayers of NJ already funded? RU Athletics is hemorrhaging money. Adding another buyout to the list would not have been good financially nor politically for administrators looking to keep their jobs..
Come back when you have real facts to back your agenda. Fake news doesn't cut it anymore. Go complain about Xanadu. That's the blood sucking taxpayer problem in NJ. Care to b*tch about that?

Last edited:

Bah Ha Ha!!!!! You crack me up. NJ Taxpayers funding Contract buyouts. Yeah, Rutgers just took all of a few pennies from you, if you're a NJ resident, to fund their Athletics programs.

Where's the money coming from to dismiss the coach? What rock did you crawl out from under?

Reactions: mdh2003

qGhiEIe.gif

Do the math. We’ve lost or will be losing far more dollars in ticket revenue/game revenue than we’re saved by not firing him last year.

Do the math. We’ve lost or will be losing far more dollars in ticket revenue/game revenue than we’re saved by not firing him last year.

Start with the fact that there is no buyout in Ash's contract. Rutgers pays him the same way whether he coaches or not -- less if he doesn't coach since it is offset by any other job he gets.

Contrast this with Malzahn at Auburn who gets 50% of his guarantee in a month -- He will be paid like $13 million almost immediately if relieved of his duties. That is not the case with Ash at all.

Start with the fact that there is no buyout in Ash's contract. Rutgers pays him the same way whether he coaches or not -- less if he doesn't coach since it is offset by any other job he gets.

Contrast this with Malzahn at Auburn who gets 50% of his guarantee in a month -- He will be paid like $13 million almost immediately if relieved of his duties. That is not the case with Ash at all.
Holding on to Ash hurts Rutgers is several ways. Attendance will continue to drop, and the product that we see on the field is hard to watch. You get what you pay for, and we're getting robbed. This is one of those situations where you cut your nose to spite your face.

Holding on to Ash hurts Rutgers is several ways. Attendance will continue to drop, and the product that we see on the field is hard to watch. You get what you pay for, and we're getting robbed. This is one of those situations where you cut your nose to spite your face.
And its Hobbs job to fix it since he gave Ash the contract and had language in same contract that prompted the I'll fated extension.this is Hobbs job to fix the mess he created or the BOG needs to find someone who can/will fix this mess.

And its Hobbs job to fix it since he gave Ash the contract and had language in same contract that prompted the I'll fated extension.this is Hobbs job to fix the mess he created or the BOG needs to find someone who can/will fix this mess.

It is his job to fix it. But that can happen either by Ash succeeding this year or else replacing him with a new staff that garners confidence in the future. We are just a few days away from the season now so might as well focus on the game play.

It is his job to fix it. But that can happen either by Ash succeeding this year or else replacing him with a new staff that garners confidence in the future. We are just a few days away from the season now so might as well focus on the game play.

Seriously. BlockR thinks we have a Delorean time machine and we can go back and redo what is already done. Bottom line is the course is set - we will go to war with the current crew and nothing we can do to change any of it now. If this crew doesn't succeed, then we call for a change. That's how the sequence of events work.

Reactions: Knightmoves
In respects to season tickets - I was hoping to actually increase the number of parking for our small group of 4 season ticket holders. We usually get a number of people to the tailgate/to the game with tickets bought via StubHub. I called the office to see if I could buy an additional season parking pass in our (black) lot. I obviously didn't research the required number of seats before calling. I was surprised that they basically are just turning away money for (that lot which I am sure is not nearly close to sold out) a spot.

We were 8-5 first year in the B1G. A coach better than Flood would have had the game I won't mention and have us at 9-4, only losses to ranked teams including the eventual NC winner.

I think that is the kind of result we could see with a competent coach, eg, slightly better than Flood on game day and GS-level recruiting from the BE days. Yeah- two of those teams were having down years but have shown vulnerability to 8 win type teams since.

In respects to season tickets - I was hoping to actually increase the number of parking for our small group of 4 season ticket holders. We usually get a number of people to the tailgate/to the game with tickets bought via StubHub. I called the office to see if I could buy an additional season parking pass in our (black) lot. I obviously didn't research the required number of seats before calling. I was surprised that they basically are just turning away money for (that lot which I am sure is not nearly close to sold out) a spot.

Not surprised at all, and I actually think they are making the right call here.

First, Rutgers is certainly expecting to turn things around and for demand for season tickets and parking to increase again. They have a policy of 1 parking pass per 4 tickets, as a way of making parking available to the largest number of season ticket holders. If they start making exceptions in down years, allowing 2 parking passes per 4 tickets, when demand goes back up they'll have difficulty pulling those extra parking passes away from those who were buying them. I can hear complaints now, "I bought 2 parking passes in 2019, so I should be grandfathered in and allowed to buy 2 passes forever." By keeping the policy in place, the avoid the problems that will inevitably occur if the suspended the policy and then re-instituted it.

Second, premium parking passes are a perk for season ticket holders. If you have a group of 4 season ticket holders, you get the perk of 1 parking pass. If you have more friends who join you and want a season parking pass, then instead of them buying single game tickets, they should get together to split season ticket and be eligible for the perk of another parking pass. If Rutgers starts selling season parking passes to people who don't have season tickets, you will have groups of people buying parking passes without buying game tickets. The parking lots will be filled with people there just to tailgate, without every buying a ticket to get into the stadium.

Not surprised at all, and I actually think they are making the right call here.

First, Rutgers is certainly expecting to turn things around and for demand for season tickets and parking to increase again. They have a policy of 1 parking pass per 4 tickets, as a way of making parking available to the largest number of season ticket holders. If they start making exceptions in down years, allowing 2 parking passes per 4 tickets, when demand goes back up they'll have difficulty pulling those extra parking passes away from those who were buying them. I can hear complaints now, "I bought 2 parking passes in 2019, so I should be grandfathered in and allowed to buy 2 passes forever." By keeping the policy in place, the avoid the problems that will inevitably occur if the suspended the policy and then re-instituted it.

Second, premium parking passes are a perk for season ticket holders. If you have a group of 4 season ticket holders, you get the perk of 1 parking pass. If you have more friends who join you and want a season parking pass, then instead of them buying single game tickets, they should get together to split season ticket and be eligible for the perk of another parking pass. If Rutgers starts selling season parking passes to people who don't have season tickets, you will have groups of people buying parking passes without buying game tickets. The parking lots will be filled with people there just to tailgate, without every buying a ticket to get into the stadium.

I think you are correct about the premium lots like Scarlet etc., but for the further away lots (and the poster mentioned Black which would certainly qualify in my view), Rutgers would do well to post individual parking passes for sale or else open the lots up for a certain number of cash cars on game days. Someone that does that and has a good experience could turn into a future season ticket holder.

Selling individual passes at a higher price than season ticket holders get or having a cash game day availability on that basis would not negate the benefit of being a season ticket holder and would at the same time not give the false impression that these would have any value towards future year parking.

I think you are correct about the premium lots like Scarlet etc., but for the further away lots (and the poster mentioned Black which would certainly qualify in my view), Rutgers would do well to post individual parking passes for sale or else open the lots up for a certain number of cash cars on game days. Someone that does that and has a good experience could turn into a future season ticket holder.

Selling individual passes at a higher price than season ticket holders get or having a cash game day availability on that basis would not negate the benefit of being a season ticket holder and would at the same time not give the false impression that these would have any value towards future year parking.
You have a point with the lots that are farthest away from the stadium.

58 posts?
ok Troll Boy get lost!
You are either a State Ped Fan
or a SarahCuse scum

Seriously. BlockR thinks we have a Delorean time machine and we can go back and redo what is already done. Bottom line is the course is set - we will go to war with the current crew and nothing we can do to change any of it now. If this crew doesn't succeed, then we call for a change. That's how the sequence of events work.
Let me ask you,do you think anywhere in B10 ,outside of Illini(maybe because Lovie is on same hot seat as Ash) what school do you think the school admins or fan base would put up with what Ash has done the last 3 seasons,and bring back that coach for year 4?
Please dont post some dregs teams record from 1980 to argue with.

Let me ask you,do you think anywhere in B10 ,outside of Illini(maybe because Lovie is on same hot seat as Ash) what school do you think the school admins or fan base would put up with what Ash has done the last 3 seasons,and bring back that coach for year 4?
Please dont post some dregs teams record from 1980 to argue with.
Purdue for one.
Before Brohm their HC had a 9–33 (3–24 in the Big Ten) during his three-and-a-half-year

Purdue for one.
Before Brohm their HC had a 9–33 (3–24 in the Big Ten) during his three-and-a-half-year

Brewster was 6-18 in league play at Minnesota after three years and was brought back for 4th year. He didn't even have a big contract, and Glen Mason came before Brewster so it wasn't like they hadn't had success at that time.

Hobbs bringing back Ash was not really remarkable in the recent history sense.

Brewster was 6-18 in league play at Minnesota after three years and was brought back for 4th year. He didn't even have a big contract, and Glen Mason came before Brewster so it wasn't like they hadn't had success at that time.

Hobbs bringing back Ash was not really remarkable in the recent history sense.

Lynch was 5-19 after three years at Indiana and coached a full fourth season. This was 2007-2010.

Is Schiano bored yet? Quickest way to fill seats.
I can see it now:

RU makes a play for Greg...
Some sports hating flake goes nuts and starts to bring up his time at state penn
The NJ media goes ape shit with “me too” level frothiness
RU is so petrified at the media storm it backs out faster than a woody in really cold water!

SJ types call victory...

You know that can totally happen!

Reactions: Knightmoves
Similar parking problem,,,,One pass in silver lot 4 season tickets. With my 2 free for Umass needed a second silver pass. Does anyone know about the church St. Moses Coptic church on Davidson RD east. I could park my car and walk across street to silver lot. Will call church to see if a 20 dollar donation for game day parking only......... will tailgate in Silver lot. If they say yes will post here for others in close proximity to silver lot. I'm not sure if the university tries to barriacade the street from thru traffic on game day.,,,,,its a dead end street but is a public road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT