ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Rivera in Transfer Portal

OK now I'm completely confused. Flo's saying he told them he is and who the hell is Kyle Bratke who's saying he's not 3hrs. earlier and he works for Flo? What the hell is Flo trying to do here? Is this kid Kyle the most inept writer they have or just an imbecile?

OK now I'm completely confused. Flo's saying he told them he is and who the hell is Kyle Bratke who's saying he's not 3hrs. earlier and he works for Flo? What the hell is Flo trying to do here? Is this kid Kyle the most inept writer they have or just an imbecile?

Kyle Bratke works at Flowrestling. The article mentioned there is a 48 hour process for the NW coaches to do paperwork. Hopefully RU has good news by Saturday.

This is incredible news! Hopefully all goes right for RU here.

Flo has been really struggling recently with quality reporting and has apparently needs to point out worthless semantics.

Reactions: koleszar
Hoping we have our 141 pound wrestler his year,
If Nick is taking his actual red shirt this year, that would be great as well.
When you red shirt, do you have to be in school?

If Alvarez red shirts, 133 up for grabs?
Hopefully Nic Aguilar has become stronger this off season.
He had a very solid year and want to see him step up.

What other schools are there?
If NJ Bound: Princeton? Penn?

We have the MMA connection with Frankie Edgar so that is a solid plus.

Come ON Wrestling...do NOT cancel season!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Flo has been really struggling recently with quality reporting and has apparently needs to point out worthless semantics.
Was kind of confusing that they played that little game after reading the tweets @Abro1975 provided. After the B1G victory speech it'd be a very big WTF moment if he doesn't decide to come here. Although on the other hand, Princeton's in NJ as well. Now that would be a major kick in the balls. I doubt it as he can wrestle in front of crowds like that at Northwestern.

Last edited:
Was kind of confusing that they played that little game after reading the tweets @Abro1975 provided. After the B1G victory speech it'd be a very big WTF moment if he doesn't decide to come here. Although on the other hand, Princeton's in NJ as well. Now that would be a major kick in the balls. I doubt it as he can wrestle in front of crowds like that at Northwestern.

I could be wrong, but I read somewhere today that Princeton doesn't accept Grad Transfers for Sports. I'll look into it further. PLUS, Rivera seems to enjoy the spotlight in front of a big crowd.....that's The RAC !

'Transfer students, like first-year students, will be able to enroll in the fall term only. Most students will be expected to begin in their sophomore (second) year. However, in some cases, they may begin as juniors, or be required to enter as first-year students. In all cases, this standing is determined by Princeton faculty and college deans after an evaluation of transfer credit.'

https://admission.princeton.edu/how-apply/transfer-students

IMO, Princeton is not an option for Rivera.

Hoping we have our 141 pound wrestler his year,
If Nick is taking his actual red shirt this year, that would be great as well.
When you red shirt, do you have to be in school?

If Alvarez red shirts, 133 up for grabs?
Hopefully Nic Aguilar has become stronger this off season.
He had a very solid year and want to see him step up.

What other schools are there?
If NJ Bound: Princeton? Penn?

We have the MMA connection with Frankie Edgar so that is a solid plus.

Come ON Wrestling...do NOT cancel season!

Redshirts-need to be enrolled in school and making progress toward your degree(there are guidelines on the progress). This is what I am worried about with Nick....not sure he likes being a student.

Sea Bass and Princeton and Penn-remember the IVY does NOT allow Graduate students to compete in Sports. They actually did not even grant a waiver for Spring sports for this year for their Seniors who the NCAA said could compete. The Ivy league voted to continue their policy of no graduate students to compete.
So unless you think Sea Bass is going to Rider over RU...think we are safe.
If Suriano does not come back this season, hoping Alvarez can still make 133. On a recent podcast Goodale/Ash said Alvarez was in the 150's.

Got to love PDIII, lol

Pat Downey III
@PatDowney

·
4h

heard they all comin to the

2764.svg
of wrestling.. #JERSEY
@TheNJRTC
@RUWrestling
@SKWrestlingClub
Quote Tweet

ITgGjzSx_normal.jpg

WeAreWrestlers

@WeAreWrestlers
· 4h
Transfer portal

1f525.svg

1f440.svg
Kennedy Monday Gavin Teasdale Sebastian Rivera

Got to love PDIII, lol

Pat Downey III
@PatDowney

·
4h

heard they all comin to the

2764.svg
of wrestling.. #JERSEY
@TheNJRTC
@RUWrestling
@SKWrestlingClub
Quote Tweet

ITgGjzSx_normal.jpg

WeAreWrestlers

@WeAreWrestlers
· 4h
Transfer portal

1f525.svg

1f440.svg
Kennedy Monday Gavin Teasdale Sebastian Rivera

That would be absolutely insane if we even got 2 out of 3 of those guys. Monday would fill an immediate need at 165 and makes sense since his brother is already up here at Princeton. Obviously his father has some type of relationship with Goody after appearing on his podcast.
Teasdale would fill 133 for the next 3 years. I would assume Teasdale would need to sit for a year given this is his second transfer and he would be staying in the B1G. Although maybe with Covid he could get some type of exemption since he would be transferring closer to home?
With that said, I doubt we get all these guys and PD3 tends to be a bit of a "fire starter" on social media.

While Teasdale has a TON of upside/talent/potential as a wrestler being a PA 4xer, Fargo Champ, etc. he very clearly also has a TON of personal/behavioral issues. I would think Goody would have a lot of concern about adding someone like that into the room unless they have a great relationship or some other connections to hopefully keep him grounded, etc... a very high risk, high reward situation if it were to work out but my money is him going to a smaller school somewhere.

Kennedy would be an enormous pickup, but I'd have to imagine scholarship money/aide would be an issue here

While Teasdale has a TON of upside/talent/potential as a wrestler being a PA 4xer, Fargo Champ, etc. he very clearly also has a TON of personal/behavioral issues. I would think Goody would have a lot of concern about adding someone like that into the room unless they have a great relationship or some other connections to hopefully keep him grounded, etc... a very high risk, high reward situation if it were to work out but my money is him going to a smaller school somewhere.

Kennedy would be an enormous pickup, but I'd have to imagine scholarship money/aide would be an issue here

Agree MS-RU...IMHO Teasdale not going to a BigTen program. Just look at his results from last season. He is not beating Alvarez(if both are at 33). Not to mention this is his second Division 1 transfer, so he will have to sit out next year, then only have two years of eligibility left(of course he could petition for another year for the year lost at Penn State).

Reactions: MS-RU
Pathetic what Flo does to Pat Mineo. I don't know the whole story between them, but Flo hasn't looked very good lately, trying to discredit 2 stories that were dead accurate.

Additionally, Pat Mineo technically never said he was IN the transfer portal. He said he is HITTING the transfer portal, which I took could mean: 1) In the transfer portal, 2) Applied for transfer portal, 3) Plans to be in transfer portal

I assume you mean that Rivera transferring to RU is a strong possibility? Or are you referring to the other 2 guys as well?

Any chance you can clarify your post? LOL
Rivera is a done deal in my opinion, the other 2 are probably the "keep in the back of your mind" guys.

WNG

if Nick is taking a redshirt to prep for the Olympics, who gets his scholarship money for next year. Monday has only one year left. So couldn’t we give the money we are not using for Suriano to Monday. Or if not Monday, could we use it for another recruit. Ohio State, Penn State, and Iowa have a lot of 4 and 5 stars on their rosters. How do they do it?

WNG

if Nick is taking a redshirt to prep for the Olympics, who gets his scholarship money for next year. Monday has only one year left. So couldn’t we give the money we are not using for Suriano to Monday. Or if not Monday, could we use it for another recruit. Ohio State, Penn State, and Iowa have a lot of 4 and 5 stars on their rosters. How do they do it?

Athletes that are on scholarship that take a redshirt year, still receive their scholarship.

WNG

An endless supply of grant in aid money.

Heard the rumor of the Rivera to Rutgers transfer way back in October and shared the news here at the time. Can we make the Mineo vs Flo heavyweight bout a triple threat match featuring SCNJ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT