ADVERTISEMENT

Secret Scrimmages

This is good to hear. I think we beat Monmouth at their place last year. Hopefully we can do well in both scrimmages this year.

They're secret insofar as media isn't let in to cover them. Sometimes the stat sheet gets out, though.

They're secret insofar as media isn't let in to cover them. Sometimes the stat sheet gets out, though.
More to it than that.

“The practice scrimmage may not be included on the institution’s published season schedule and may not count against either team’s won/loss records,” the NCAA rule reads. “Only athletics department staff members and those individuals necessary to conduct the practice scrimmage may be present during the scrimmage. Further, the institution must ensure the scrimmage is free from public view and media are not in attendance.”

It's supposed to be like Fight Club. We all know the first rule of Fight Club don't we?

Wondering if Monmouth is as good as they've been the last few years. If so, this is very good news,as Coach Pikel seems to bring teams along well as the season progresses.

Wondering if Monmouth is as good as they've been the last few years. If so, this is very good news,as Coach Pikel seems to bring teams along well as the season progresses.

Monmouth lost three very good seniors so I don't see them competing for the MAAC this season.

Don't read into the final score. We have no idea how the scrimmage went. These are to try things and see what we got. I am sure coach experimented a lot and also used many players to see what needs to be worked on.

Getting beat by 30 would not be good, but outside a huge margin one way or the other, really can't judge by a simple point differential.

Monmouth lost three very good seniors so I don't see them competing for the MAAC this season.
They are ranked 3rd in pre season - like it was said before, beats losing by 30

Don't read into the final score. We have no idea how the scrimmage went. These are to try things and see what we got. I am sure coach experimented a lot and also used many players to see what needs to be worked on.
We probably shot the FTs until we made one. A confidence builder.

Minnesota announced that they defeated Creighton 91-79. Their box score has been released as well.

Can't compare. Sports is about matchups. This is why people "think" craziness happens week to week in all sports.

Naclerio coached the red shirt freshman pt. guard of Monmouth at Cardozo H.S. He is a pretty good player.

ADVERTISEMENT