ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Brooks Koepka SportsCenter Commercial

I was with a lot of PGA guys this weekend. Those guys have the best lives of any pro athletes.

Reactions: bigmatt718
The Y2K one might be the best. Or maybe the one with Sparty and the blenders?

Reactions: RUonBrain
The top guys yes but life is very different when you are outside top 150.

If you are outside the top 150, sure. For the top guys, and even guys not at the very top (Matt Wolf and Max Homa), it's a dream life.

If you are outside the top 150, sure. For the top guys, and even guys not at the very top (Matt Wolf and Max Homa), it's a dream life.

I played a round with Jeff Sluman about 20 years ago. It was a good 10 years after he won the PGA and, by his own account, he was "a consistent top 30 finisher". With that, he was pulling in over $400k per year on winnings, alone.

I played a round with Jeff Sluman about 20 years ago. It was a good 10 years after he won the PGA and, by his own account, he was "a consistent top 30 finisher". With that, he was pulling in over $400k per year on winnings, alone.

Things are much better now. I have been told the PGA pension is huge. Some formula for made cuts, tourney's played, etc. But beyond that, it's the places they go and the people they rub elbows with.

Most of the top guys were staying where I was this weekend- The Madison Club. Must be nice to show up and have some crazy pad at a crazy club at your disposal. I am sure this is a typical scene for them.

Throw that on top of the money they make and the other people they have access to at club's like this and their potential for business opportunities is incredible.

I remember hearing Jason day talk about the business opportunities on a podcast. I forgot that these guys typically play some sort of pro-am on the Tuesday or Wednesday before a tourney begins. Week after week they have the opportunity to tee it up with Fortune 500 execs.

I remember hearing Jason day talk about the business opportunities on a podcast. I forgot that these guys typically play some sort of pro-am on the Tuesday or Wednesday before a tourney begins. Week after week they have the opportunity to tee it up with Fortune 500 execs.
The AM’s were playing on Sat this past weekend. I was talking to Fowler and his partner Mike Meldman a lot this weekend. Funny to see really bad golfers in these things. Meldman hit a worm burner that hit rocks twenty yards in front of him and bounced back. Just awful.

it’s not just the course where these guys meet. It’s where they stay, which is often at homes of people at nearby clubs. Like this weekend. There were a ton of big guys at Madison, along with some serious, serious ballers

The AM’s were playing on Sat this past weekend. I was talking to Fowler and his partner Mike Meldman a lot this weekend. Funny to see really bad golfers in these things. Meldman hit a worm burner that hit rocks twenty yards in front of him and bounced back. Just awful.

it’s not just the course where these guys meet. It’s where they stay, which is often at homes of people at nearby clubs. Like this weekend. There were a ton of big guys at Madison, along with some serious, serious ballers
My boss played in a couple of these. He got paired up Dufner and Kisner. He said some of the pros are cool but some are doing because they have to. The swag bag you get is ridiculous but it’s around 20k for the round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT