ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Official 2021 FCS Spring Season...

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Surprised that no one has started a thread on this yet. But as much as I wanted to see Deion Sanders coaching debut, I just couldn’t watch Jackson State go off on an NAIA team. They looked good during this scrimmage but hopefully things get better when they play in conference. And as bad as that conference is, they were light years ahead of that NAIA team.

Flipped the channel to the North Dakota State game as they beat Youngstown St.As good as they are, I still say they wouldn’t be as dominant if Georgia Southern, App State, and some of the other FCS dynasty teams that went Group 5.

Anyway, nice to have spring football and maybe this could be a permanent thing.

I would like to see Divisions 2 and 3 stay in the Fall and 1-AA move to the Spring permanently, although this is too early to start, despite a surprising number of schools with domed stadiums in 1-AA. It is pretty good football and this gives them a chance to be out of the shadow of 1-A.

I would like to see Divisions 2 and 3 stay in the Fall and 1-AA move to the Spring permanently, although this is too early to start, despite a surprising number of schools with domed stadiums in 1-AA. It is pretty good football and this gives them a chance to be out of the shadow of 1-A.
This would be cool. Maybe play a game or two in the fall in those paycheck games vs FBS in the fall to get paid and to get publicity for their program and/or star player. That could be used the same way FBS plays Spring Games?

One problem I could see, though, is that 1-AA schools have smallish athletic departments. With football in the Spring, there would be so much overlap with basketball, hockey, wrestling end of season and conference and NCAA tournaments, plus baseball and lacrosse. Their staff might be stretched too thin.

Someone said here that Delaware plays next week???

Our future opponent this Fall Delaware plays against Maine in 2 weeks.
Unfortunately it is not televised. There are basically no FCS games televised this Spring except on ESPN 3.
Shocked at this as there is a real void for major sports content programming.

Fox Sports regionals, NBC Sports Regionals, Flo, and others are also televising as is ESPN Plus.Wouldnt be surprised to see others get involved and expect to see playoffs on the ESPN regular channels.

All games are either ESPN Plus or Pluto or Flo.
Not great access at all . Hopefully games can be added to ESPNU, MSG, SNY, etc,

Our future opponent this Fall Delaware plays against Maine in 2 weeks.
Unfortunately it is not televised. There are basically no FCS games televised this Spring except on ESPN 3.
Shocked at this as there is a real void for major sports content programming.

Maybe Richie’s staff can do a scouting report for us after the Delaware-Maine game. Us armchair QB’s have plenty of time to watch video highlights and start planning for our 2021 OOC opponents.

Cant overlook the Blue Hens. As TSoprano was fond of saying, We need to get ready for the Game!

I know New Mexico State is just playing for funsies and all this spring, but getting blown out by a program that is playing its second-ever game in FCS? Maybe it's time to move to the WAC.

ADVERTISEMENT