ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: OSU game in Value City Arena

SirPerceval

All American
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Visiting OSU with my HS senior son and took in the OSU - Charleston Southern bball game on Thursday. Beautiful arena but the place was less than half empty and completely devoid of any atmosphere. Announced attendance was 8400. I think it was closer to 6k and there may have been 50 students in attendance. No doubt the students have their minds on football and the game was a blowout from the start. Suprisingly, tbdbitl doesn’t make for a great bball pep band and the pregame intros were nothing special. Overall it made me appreciate the RAC even more.

basketball-wise, OSU has some good talent but they have a lot of new faces and not a lot of quality bigs. I think RU will match up well with them.

Reactions: Tango Two
Ohio state made its own bed with that arena. Value city is big enough to host some major concerts and events; however, it has a total corporate feel and is missing that college energy.

Schottenstein Center/VCA is also home for OSU hockey. It's a cavernous multipurpose facility in the 18-19K capacity range so no surprise the atmosphere leaves something to be desired, especially when less than half full.

Last edited:
Pike said that Ohio State and Indiana have the most vulgar fan base in the conference.

Pike said that Ohio State and Indiana have the most vulgar fan base in the conference.
The Indiana fans at the Garden circa 2017 B1G tourney (or 2018, whatever year it was) were the absolute worst.

Delusional, trailer park weirdo's living in the past w/the candy cane pants and arrogance on a level I've never seen.

The ones that come to the Rac haven't been on that level, but are definitely an odd bunch

One of my least favorite places on earth to see a game. It has little going for it, and that’s saying nothing of the questionable quality of the OSU fanbase

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT