ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball SERIES THREAD: Rutgers vs. No. 7 Miami

At the game with my soon to be 13 year old.
Got here a little late.
Bottom 9f the 3rd 0-0
Miami has man on 1st, no outs

RU has 2 hits
Miami has 2 hits

Harry gave up a bases loaded hit up the middle and 2 runs scored for Miami.

RU 0
UM 2

Struck out looking 2out
Another Miami Pitching change
Federman

Nyisztor AB

HBP
1st and 2and
2 out

The coach said the starting pitcher was off and gutted it out ... imagine when the pitcher is on!

Close game on the road vs a Top 3 team. Much more competitive than expected, especially after last year’s 19-3 opening day loss.

Major improvement!

Reactions: RickB113
Our guys hung tough only losing 2-1 to the # 3 team in the country. Last year we were taken to the woodshed in all 3 games to open the season. I just hope we can win at least one of the remaining two games. I think our team will be much improved. We had 5 hits and the only home run in the game. Miami had 8 hits, 7 singles and one double.

Reactions: RUonBrain
If I'm Owens, I'm immediately cancelling this series after today. It's completely counterproductive in every way to start a season by getting curb stomped and swept or at best losing 2 of 3 to Miami in their ballpark.

Reactions: OJRutgers
We are always way behind the curve. This series was a bad idea a long time ago. Do we at least get a week of using their facilities as sort of a team outdoor Spring training?

Posted this in the other Miami thread. I think it would be short sighted to get out of this series:

I think we have covered this topic previously. When Fred Hill had things going here, he always played a solid non conference weekend away schedule early in the year. Yes sometimes the W-L record suffered but his teams were battle tested and ready for conference play as a result. While it might be better if this was not the first games of the year, we should not give this series up. I also think it has to help recruiting to say you are going to play some of the top teams in the nation particularly given the state of our facilities and our recent lack of success. I would not water down the non conference schedule for a few extra wins. Making the NCAA's will be mostly dependent on their conference performance. Regarding the conference, #11 Michigan beat #1 Vanderbilt last night in their opener.

Reactions: Rutgers56
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT