ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question about Kyle Flood

Nov 16, 2016
What is he doing now? Almost a year removed from his dismissal... is he in the talks for any FCS jobs? Assistant positions for FBS?

Serious answers please, I know there's great potential for jokes with this question

:popcorn:

I use that "emoticon" because that could very well be what he's doing right now: drinking a beer and eating popcorn. While getting paid.

...okay, also because this thread should be fun, not gonna lie!

:popcorn:

I use that "emoticon" because that could very well be what he's doing right now: drinking a beer and eating popcorn. While getting paid.

...okay, also because this thread should be fun, not gonna lie!
Heard he was in the running for HC job for saint Cecelia's golden knights

He is on the college sports channel on Sirius a couple of days a week

9.17.15blogphoto13.jpg

Reactions: Ridge 22
Flood got put into a tough situation, did the best he could but failed. I think Dan Quinn will probably give him a job after the Rutgers checks run out.

People speak of this man like he was a dirt bag. He's actually a nice guy who made a few bad off the field decisions. I believe he'll land a job somewhere soon.
Agreed, he was a nice guy who was in over his head. He has the best interests at heart but he just wasn't a Big 10 type of coach or recruiter.

To the Flood apologists on here though, it should speak volumes that the guy hasn't been in discussions for even an assistant gig yet.

Reactions: satnom and RU31trap
People speak of this man like he was a dirt bag. He's actually a nice guy who made a few bad off the field decisions. I believe he'll land a job somewhere soon.

Some very bad off-field decisions. Not the "great guy" so many here wanted to jam down peoples throats. Not a horrible person, either, don't get me wrong. I'd be shocked if he gets anything better than a D3 job at this point.

He's definitely not a terrible person. I know a bunch of people who know him since before his HC days. Right now he's living in his newly renovated home, loving life.

He's definitely not a terrible person. I know a bunch of people who know him since before his HC days. Right now he's living in his newly renovated home, loving life.
yes built with the money he took from RU while going home early instead of doing the job required of 99% of bcs coaches in America to deserve their high paygrade.

I would have really respected Kyle if towards the end of the 2013 season he walked into the ad's office and said 'I am not the guy for this job. Let's work something out and assign me somewhere else in the athletic department '
This would have given him a lifetime gig at ru and being involved in the program. But yeah I know basically no one will quit the opportunity of their life.

His analysis of games on SiriusXM is more than adequate. He is doing his homework. Maybe he takes the Lafayette (Easton, PA) head job with Frank Tavani stepping down. He could coach the Leopards without moving to another house. And he'd have an annual opportunity to defeat the Joe Susan-coached Bucknell Bison.

Some very bad off-field decisions. Not the "great guy" so many here wanted to jam down peoples throats. Not a horrible person, either, don't get me wrong. I'd be shocked if he gets anything better than a D3 job at this point.
Nuts: why such an edge when discussing Flood? Why the not so subtle contempt for a guy who was thrown into a job just because they could pay him 750K. I can't speak for anyone but when the product on the field stinks I don't blame the kids and rarely the coaches. I blame an institution that has never really supported this program and like it or not Coach Ash is also operating on a shoestring budget. .

He's on the radio, pretending that he knows football. He talks a huge game, meanwhile he burned a program to the ground. Guy knows nothing. Nothing.
The program was built on smoke and mirrors even when Schiano was here. We anointed Schiano king for one 10-2 season and a host of 7-5 seasons in the weakest conference in football. Seriously, here we are enamored and forgiving of a .500 coach who was paid 2.3 million per year to keep our APR high, but we are ready to incarcerate Flood for trying to be competitive in the B10 with a D1AA budget. The Kyle Flood hire speaks volumes of an institution who simply doesn't give a @&$) about the football program. Wait until we become a full member of the B10 and the institution uses those funds like trickle down economics. Why do you think Chris Ash was hired? Wise up guys and open up your eyes.

Last edited:
The ghastly ghoul we may never be rid of, he has at least banished Terry Shea to a more distant place.

The program was built on smoke and mirrors even when Schiano was here. We anointed Schiano king for one 10-2 season and a host of 7-5 seasons in the weakest conference in football. Seriously, here we are enamored and forgiving of a .500 coach who was paid 2.3 million per year to keep our APR high, but we are ready incarcerate Flood for trying to be competitive in the B10 with a D1AA budget. The Kyle Flood hire speaks volumes of an institution who simply doesn't give a @&$) about the football program. Wait until we become a full member of the B10 and the institution uses those funds like trickle down economics. Why do you think Chris Ash was hired? Wise up guys and open up your eyes.
we could compete and we were putting guys in the nfl..that stopped with flood. as did our good apr. another year or two and we would have been bowl ineligible due to apr. the man was a sick joke.

The program was built on smoke and mirrors even when Schiano was here. We anointed Schiano king for one 10-2 season and a host of 7-5 seasons in the weakest conference in football. Seriously, here we are enamored and forgiving of a .500 coach who was paid 2.3 million per year to keep our APR high, but we are ready incarcerate Flood for trying to be competitive in the B10 with a D1AA budget. The Kyle Flood hire speaks volumes of an institution who simply doesn't give a @&$) about the football program. Wait until we become a full member of the B10 and the institution uses those funds like trickle down economics. Why do you think Chris Ash was hired? Wise up guys and open up your eyes.

RU31trap - move evidence as to why you are probably the most misguided poster on this board. fyi, the Big East wasn't "the weakest conference in football" in 2006, it represented 25% of the top 12 teams in the country. I don't know how anyone here can take you seriously.

On Sirius/XM, Flood actually gave Brady Hoke credit for UMich's year, citing the talent of their upperclassmen and seniors. Wondered if he was smart enough to realize the irony that the situation was flipped at Rutgers for Chris Ash, given Elmer's pathetic recruiting?

RU5781 has shared some stories with us that would give folks serious pause about Flood being a "good guy".

I'd like to think part of that is dropping by this board once in a while just to laugh (and laugh and laugh) at angry haters like Ron Jeremy.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
RU31trap - move evidence as to why you are probably the most misguided poster on this board. fyi, the Big East wasn't "the weakest conference in football" in 2006, it represented 25% of the top 12 teams in the country. I don't know how anyone here can take you seriously.

On Sirius/XM, Flood actually gave Brady Hoke credit for UMich's year, citing the talent of their upperclassmen and seniors. Wondered if he was smart enough to realize the irony that the situation was flipped at Rutgers for Chris Ash, given Elmer's pathetic recruiting?

RU5781 has shared some stories with us that would give folks serious pause about Flood being a "good guy".

They don't.

GSGS: I respectfully disagree. The Big East was a very weak conference. we would play 4 cup cakes, 1 decent team and 7 BE teams and still finish 7-5. The bottom line is simple. You need $$$$ to hire experienced OC & DC that can develop elite athletes. Athletes that may not fit the Rutgers mold. Then you need a very experienced HC that could put it all together. Not happening here, not with the current regime. Look at Penn State, left for dead 6 years ago and if everything works out they'll play in playoffs and at the very least play in the Rose Bowl. What possible put down will you give PSU and which excuse will you concoct for Rutgers? Coach Flood was nothing more than a byproduct of an institution that does not care about big time football.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickKnight 1
If only Flood never happened....
Guy ripped off the school. He knew his process had zero chance of doing anything but driving the program into the dirt. Yet he angled and postured to get year after year of that big check. Greedy and unforgivable.

Guy ripped off the school. He knew his process had zero chance of doing anything but driving the program into the dirt. Yet he angled and postured to get year after year of that big check. Greedy and unforgivable.

That is actually the Rutgers Admins' fault. Can't fault a guy for taking a promotion.

Flood got put into a tough situation, did the best he could but failed. I think Dan Quinn will probably give him a job after the Rutgers checks run out.
A tough position? Before year 1 was over we had a BIG invite and the roster wasn't decimated. The tough part was created by him doing his "best"

Yet so many on here still love him and defended him because he "was such a good guy" Fools

2006 Big East Football was ranked 2nd behind the 2006 SEC according to ESPN's Football Power Index or whatever quantitative stats they use.

I believe the 2006 Big East Conference was 5-0 in bowl games and only had two teams with losing records in you guessed it, UConn and Syracuse.

There were three top 10 teams in the Big East for the majority of the year. Say what you want but Greg went 11-2 during the toughest year of the Big East since the Miami days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season#Bowl_Challenge_Cup_standings

GSGS: I respectfully disagree. The Big East was a very weak conference. we would play 4 cup cakes, 1 decent team and 7 BE teams and still finish 7-5. The bottom line is simple. You need $$$$ to hire experienced OC & DC that can develop elite athletes. Athletes that may not fit the Rutgers mold. Then you need a very experienced HC that could put it all together. Not happening here, not with the current regime. Look at Penn State, left for dead 6 years ago and if everything works out they'll play in playoffs and at the very least play in the Rose Bowl. What possible put down will you give PSU and which excuse will you concoct for Rutgers? Coach Flood was nothing more than a byproduct of an institution that does not care about big time football.

You're simply wrong about the BE in 2006, one of the years you mentioned specifically.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT