ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: Would you trade Pikiell for Crean?

No and I've followed Indiana basketball for some time due to kid who attends the school. I really enjoy Crean as an Analyst. It's a great role for him.

Serious Question? - in this exact context ? just kick Pikiell to the curb & hire Crean ?

NO - NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT
- this is a project - a true multi-year incremental improvement project - and Pikiell is, in the eyes of most observers, making genuine progress and rebuilding respect for Rutgers competitiveness.
- every coaching change has vast "unknowns" - sometimes transitions are relatively smooth - sometimes ragged & rocky & don't work - and even in the good situations transitions often eat up an additional year or two as the adjustments get sorted out.

Reactions: #1 RUFan and Dpgru
If and only if Pike takes the UConn job, I wouldn't mind if they hired Crean

Yes everyday of the week and twice on Sunday’s. Not sure what people here are thinking. Crean has taken teams deep into March and took Marquette to the final 4.
He did lose head to head to a fill in coach named Fred hill junior, so I guess there is that.

Crean isnt a bad coach. With his stint with Indiana, he took over a program ridden with scandal and revived them and made them relevant again. He won 2 big ten titles and made 3 sweet 16 appearances. He’s produced NBA all stars Dwayne Wade and Vic Oladipo as well as other solid NBA players. The fact that most wouldnt trade Pikiell for Crean is a sign that we finally have the right coach. No, I would not trade Pikiell either and I think we have the right man for the job.

Overrated coach... but very good recruiter. I like Pike but I’d still take the name here just for the recruiting.

OP should be suspended....:)......awful thread.....furthermore, Crean is a SOB and made his name via Dwayne Wade's run to the Final 4 with Marquette....

If Crean was HC, you'd be developing a "Crean is Mean" button and from many accounts this is no exaggeration.

Reactions: GORU2014
Serious Question: Why does one preface a post with the phrase "Serious Question"?

A little older than Pike; won some 300 games, 13 NCAA's and NIT's. Intense--lots of transfers out of the Indiana program, which some observers didn't care for. Not always congenial with other coaches after the game. Several of his assistants have gotten HC gigs. Thought Indiana was wrong to fire him. But at RU?? Pass. If Pike were to leave for Con U--a definite maybe, though Crean would look for something higher up the food chain.
TL

Serious question that I'm just curious about. Does Pike read these posts? If so, it would be counterproductive for him to be reading that the RU fandom wants Crean instead of Pike. I'm glad most votes are no.

Reactions: KevH and shields
ADVERTISEMENT