ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: Would you trade Pikiell for Hurley?

Serious Question: Would you trade Pikiell for Hurley?

• Yes

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 117 81.3%

• Total voters

soundcrib

All American
Oct 7, 2002
Just curious.

And if we gave him 7 he would be here. That's how long it would take at Rutgers. Right now we're in year 3. He was not wrong.

Hurley may/might be a better recruiter. But I think in the long run through winning Pike gets it done.
When Rutgers finally has a winning season ,I will then believe progress is being made because its tangible results versus wishful thinking.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Do not want Hurley. Although he will be tough in the recruiting wars now that he is at a big school, do not want all the baggage that goes with him. If Pike can get us over the hump, and I think he will, things will be excellent for as long as we can keep him. He is the very positive face of RU basketball.

Reactions: RUMBA-JK
I’d like to see the staff Hurley puts together. Pike put a very strong staff together.

Reactions: HALL85
Serious question, why do these " Would you give away Pikiell for so and so" threads keep appearing? Lol.

Pikiell is a good coach, and younger kids like his energy. He just needs to seal a couple of recruits, and then the space ship should launch!

Anyone who chose Danny Hurley clearly has not met Pike. This guy is going to get it done

Reactions: KevH
Funny how they wound up at each others state. 2 years ago I would have said yes!
Right now I'll play my cards thank you.

Btw.. Sorry SHU guys...you can keep your guy. Respect but not interested.

Reactions: cRURah
I take pike. It would irk me too much if our head coach played at SHU. I’m surprised Hurley took the UCONN job... I thought he would have had better programs calling. In my opinion, the glory days at UCONN are in the past. Maybe Hurley prefers to be the big dog in a lower conference. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd stay with Pike because he checks all the boxes and anxious to see the results now that we seem to have continuity to build program from ground up.

I like Pike, in fact I have the button, I have the faith! I think he is dedicated to the build. He has a great boss, which is half the battle, he has the support, he has the staff, he has the ability, and now he is recruiting HIS players.
I wouldn’t trade Pike for Wright, (who almost came here) it would be wrong! I LIKE PIKE!

Reactions: shields
I love pike. It’s a very difficult comparison to make as they are two good coaches. You have to respect what Hurley did at Rhode Island. He got to to tourney and won and kids came to Rhode Island for him. I’m not sure what improvements they’ve made in Kingston but that place was a real dump back in my days. A lot worse than the RAC.

Rutgers made a terrible decision to bring in Eddie and Hurley turned us down. Money was different at that time but I still have a sour taste of getting turned down. Not worth debating, forward not back.

I’m simply behind coach Pike 2000%. I hope he builds us into a national contender and I honestly think he will.

Threads like these are why Rutgers cannot have nice things. Pike is as hard-working as it gets, the kids like him, he is fully committed to building our program and has gotten off to a good start. Pike all the way here.

Reactions: shields
Hurley, actually, David Cox, has been very good at getting High Major players to transfer down to Rhode Island and play against lesser competition.

Two years ago, would have taken Hurley . At this point stick with pike. There is a chance pike actually gets this done. Ask me this question again in another 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT