ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Game on the table

It is about time that The Patrick School is not eligible for being a member of the NJSIAA. Let them go the way of St. Benedict's as each year they just reload with 6'10" and 7' players from all over the world.

I agree with that toward many of the parochials as well. I know Roselle Catholic brings in about 4 or 5 new guys every year as well. It is not like it use to be when kids were so happy to represent their own community high school.

Reactions: ChasRC69
This is exactly the same thing Willard was quoted in the Carino article before the season started.

Ship has sailed as far as I’m concerned. Conference season is upon us and that is priority 1, 2, and 3. Hall game is a good early season non conference rivalry game but non conference games are never going to mean less than this season. I’d rather rest up and properly prepare for a tough Big Ten opponent than try to shoehorn in a game with Seton Hall in January or February. I’m sure Pikiell feels the sane way.

shoe's got guts...smaller/lesser team, school, conference, and wants to dictate when they want the game.

Mr MAAC Willard is why the game didn't happen when it should have at the Rock in December.

Boy were they thinking of their players when they went around the country, including some real hotspots...

Game means nothing, it's all about the B1G games now.

Schedule Ville and Oregon on the road but they're afraid of Rutgers at home ?

Sorry----not buying it.

Just drop the series and schedule UCONN instead. Better team, better coach, more head to head recruiting battles

I'll believe it when I see it, until then it's all talk from them. Big East might go to a bubble for conference play and Hall will be able to blame that as the reason why the game didn't happen.

How about FDU , Sacred Heart and Hofstra at home ?

Seriously ?
How about the #1 team in the country? After the Rutgers-Baylor game at MSG got cancelled, Rutgers tried to get back into the Jimmy V Classic to play Gonzaga in Indianapolis. They picked West Virginia instead.

They were also supposed to take Virginia Tech’s spot against Oregon in Connecticut. Oregon dropped out.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
How about the #1 team in the country? After the Rutgers-Baylor game at MSG got cancelled, Rutgers tried to get back into the Jimmy V Classic to play Gonzaga in Indianapolis. They picked West Virginia instead.

They were also supposed to take Virginia Tech’s spot against Oregon in Connecticut. Oregon dropped out.
One thing I've learned is never argue with a No Shamer. It's a no-win situation.

It was always about pride and ego with Seton Hall just like No Shame Notre Dame. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm sorry you were a dumpster fire for 3 decades. We've made tournaments for 5 consecutive years and are the most successful NJ program in decades. I understand why you hate us. You hate us because you ain't us.

Willard has scheduled some high grade non cons in recent years. Pike likes to sit in Piscataway and feast on vanilla frosted cupcakes. Too scared to venture from your trapezoid.

Reactions: Vegas pj and batts
I'm sorry you were a dumpster fire for 3 decades. We've made tournaments for 5 consecutive years and are the most successful NJ program in decades. I understand why you hate us. You hate us because you ain't us.

Willard has scheduled some high grade non cons in recent years. Pike likes to sit in Piscataway and feast on vanilla frosted cupcakes. Too scared to venture from your trapezoid.
We are 21st in country and blew you out last 2 years . Try and beat Rhode Island next year

When you have the 6th toughest remaining schedule in the country you can schedule easier than most during non conference.

These threads are hysterical. [roll]
Your a clown SHU boy

[roll][roll][roll][roll]:flush:
clown that’s your SHUe program getting flushed. I love how these azz clowns have to lurk on our board because no cares about the little school from south orange.

Reactions: Virginiarufan

Nice try. I don't hate Seton Hall. I can't stand some of the posters who talk a lot of sh*t unprovoked.

This is what happens to your brain when you go to a commuter school in South Orange. How sad.

Guy makes some good points. Let's make the tournament once before we talk crap . unless you want SHU to be our Super Bowl.

As long as Hobbs doesn't give them some deal about home games because theirs is in a CoVid year. That's CHANCE.

If they have demands along those lines.. forget them. Never play them again. Not unless it is part of some Big Ten Big East challenge. Even then maybe let the conference and ESPN know we are not interested. PLAY HARDBALL.

That's what an AD with no SHU ties should do.. doubt Hobbs can be objective on this. Kinda like hiring a football coach that shared his agent. (yeah, thanks for finally listening on Schiano.. but we remember).

We played SHU Dec 14 last year and Dec 15 the year prior... SHU did not want to play us this year the same time because of CoVid. Now they want to delay in hopes that fans can attend games in, as Willard says, January or February. That's the height of the conference schedule.

They had their chance.

Last edited:
As long as Hobbs doesn't give them some deal about home games because theirs is in a CoVid year. That's CHANCE.

If they have demands along those lines.. forget them. Never play them again. Not unless it is part of some Big Ten Big East challenge. Even then maybe let the conference and ESPN know we are not interested. PLAY HARDBALL.

That's what an AD with no SHU ties should do.. doubt Hobbs can be objective on this. Kinda like hiring a football coach that shared his agent. (yeah, thanks for finally listening on Schiano.. but we remember).

We played SHU Dec 14 last year and Dec 15 the year prior... SHU did not want to play us this year the same time because of CoVid. Now they want to delay in hopes that fans can attend games in, as Willard says, January or February. That's the height of the conference schedule.

They had their chance.
Why not play at a neutral court this year and then go back to home and home. It’s all about revenue and seems fair.

ADVERTISEMENT