ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Game on the table

SHU fans will always talk about the past and how they used to beat Rutgers. Its all they have now. Rutgers has moved on to the B1G and they are jealous and feel threatened that the one thing they had over a Rutgers, bball bragging rights, is over. They know it deep down, at least the objective fans do. We even used to beat SHU occasionally when we were terribleee. Under Pike its going to be a stream of beatdowns for the Hall. Its just an overpriced safety commuter school who plays bball games in a half empty arena.

I do like the rivalry. Sucks they were too scared to play us. See you next year at the RAC. Try not to embarrass yourselves as bad as you did last trip there

Why not play at a neutral court this year and then go back to home and home. It’s all about revenue and seems fair.
Yes.. that satisfies SHU's needs... but does nothing for ours. Why give SHU a home game next year AND the TV rights this year?

How about this.. play at the RAC again (BTN broadcast) and then SHU next year? SHU doesn't "waste" a home game.. Rutgers and the Big Ten get another TV game to sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
Yes.. that satisfies SHU's needs... but does nothing for ours. Why give SHU a home game next year AND the TV rights this year?

How about this.. play at the RAC again (BTN broadcast) and then SHU next year? SHU doesn't "waste" a home game.. Rutgers and the Big Ten get another TV game to sell.
I like that idea of RAC this year and the Rock next year.

SHU fans will always talk about the past and how they used to beat Rutgers. Its all they have now. Rutgers has moved on to the B1G and they are jealous and feel threatened that the one thing they had over a Rutgers, bball bragging rights, is over. They know it deep down, at least the objective fans do. We even used to beat SHU occasionally when we were terribleee. Under Pike its going to be a stream of beatdowns for the Hall. Its just an overpriced safety commuter school who plays bball games in a half empty arena.

I do like the rivalry. Sucks they were too scared to play us. See you next year at the RAC. Try not to embarrass yourselves as bad as you did last trip there
[roll] [roll]

Reactions: ScarletDave
I'm sorry you were a dumpster fire for 3 decades. We've made tournaments for 5 consecutive years and are the most successful NJ program in decades. I understand why you hate us. You hate us because you ain't us.

Willard has scheduled some high grade non cons in recent years. Pike likes to sit in Piscataway and feast on vanilla frosted cupcakes. Too scared to venture from your trapezoid.
this is adorable, yes just what I want to be an alum of a safety school for kids who could not get into Rutgers, while you spend all of your money on a declining program in a declining conference.

Of course RU should play the Hall every year.. and Princeton as well. I don't understand it. You finally have a decent team (one that isn't a source of embarrassment for once) and Pikiell refuses to schedule anyone decent out of conference that isn't mandated by the Big 10 using the excuse that the conference schedule is tough enough. RU has by far the easiest non-con in the Big 10.

Of course RU should play the Hall every year.. and Princeton as well. I don't understand it. You finally have a decent team (one that isn't a source of embarrassment for once) and Pikiell refuses to schedule anyone decent out of conference that isn't mandated by the Big 10 using the excuse that the conference schedule is tough enough. RU has by far the easiest non-con in the Big 10.
You’re embarrassing yourself. Per Kenpom Iowa, OSU, Minnesota, and Northwestern all have easier OOC than RU

You’re embarrassing yourself. Per Kenpom Iowa, OSU, Minnesota, and Northwestern all have easier OOC than RU
Good one. You should tell Dude

giphy.gif

Reactions: red sail

Go do your homework on what our OOC was set to be before COVID.

Don't give me this Kenpom nonsense...non-mandated non-conference games...Iowa has Gonzaga, Minnesota has St Louis and Ohio State has UNC. I'll give you Northwestern.
The Scarlet Knights have FDU, Sacred Heart and Rider...nuf said

Don't give me this Kenpom nonsense...non-mandated non-conference games...Iowa has Gonzaga, Minnesota has St Louis and Ohio State has UNC. I'll give you Northwestern.
The Scarlet Knights have FDU, Sacred Heart and Rider...nuf said
And we had Baylor in the Jimmy V Classic before sh*t went south. Seton Hall backed out. We tried to reschedule a game with Oregon, but they passed, and Gonzaga was in the works before ESPN step in with an offer of WVU as part of its deal. Rutgers wasn't running away from anyone. The unusual situation of 2020 has made accomplishing things more difficult.

Go away

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Maybe Seton Hall is reluctant to play us this year 2020-2021 since they are down a scholarship player this season and Willard has been preoccupied having to attend a 2020 NCAA rules seminar.

Man you sound uneducated. Did momma drink with you while you were in the womb? Bless her drunken heart. So ignorant you can't even look up or properly assess our original OOC featuring baylor.

Last edited:
Remainder of the Big East Conference schedule was released and to the surprise of no one, there isn't a gap in the schedule for Hall/RU to play this season.

SHUe is in the rear view mirror. We would win by double digits+++ and Willard knows it.

At this point I don't really care. It was supposed to be at SHU and they were having a fit about playing in front of no fans but they had no fault with playing at Penn State with no fans when PSU will come to SHU next year with Pirate fans filling the PRU Center. It is their fault that we didn't play on Dec 6 after RU was consulting with SHU for that date. We are in the toughest league in the country and we have the # 4 toughest schedule of remaining games in the country. The national media are finally giving us respect.

Would be a chance at a good win

SHU already won road games at Pen St and Marquette

4 of our next 5 games are against ranked teams. 2 of those are against teams in the top 5.

We have no shortage of opportunities for good wins. The B1G is brutally tough.

Reactions: red sail
Definitely, but Not the point

Battle of Jersey should be played and it would be a solid win

I’m all for playing the game every year. But we certainly don’t need that game to bolster our SOS this year or to provide an opportunity for a quality win.

Nice try. I don't hate Seton Hall. I can't stand some of the posters who talk a lot of sh*t unprovoked.
It’s a type of inferiority complex. A small commuter school with average academics with no on-campus facilities and largely lacking tradition, but has mild basketball success as a lone bragging point for posters like this guy (we all know a few). Shoe is a nice little school but is largely irrelevant in most any measure. Truth.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
We’re both coming off smackdowns (RU outscored by 23 at MSU and shu outscored by 36 at Creighton). If we play next week the loser is really going to hit a low point for the season

Damn, it's 1 game for us. yeah, it sucked, and Saturday's game can't get here fast enough.

I hope Pikell and the team use it that they need to play with an edge but not overreact.

playing shoe is like playing Penn State or Nebraska. it's like playing the 12th-14th team in the B1G. they stand to gain, not us.

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Damn, it's 1 game for us. yeah, it sucked, and Saturday's game can't get here fast enough.

I hope Pikell and the team use it that they need to play with an edge but not overreact.

playing shoe is like playing Penn State or Nebraska. it's like playing the 12th-14th team in the B1G. they stand to gain, not us.
[roll][roll]

ADVERTISEMENT