ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Pregame RU get together at Bellos in Newark

jersey07080

All American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2005
A few years back I put together a group ticket package for the Seton Hall game.
Decided to scrap the group deal with how many people purchased discounted tickets for black Friday or through RU.

Bellos is hands down the best pub in Newark. Thehave consistently great food and an awesome atmosohere.
Bartender there is a huge RU fan and has put together the following specials from 4-before the game.
$4 Well Drinks
$3 PBR pints
$3.50 Coors light pints
$1 off craft drafts.

Last edited:
yes..2 tix. Went last time and had a great time (especially since we won) Thanks..keep us in the loop.

A few years back I put together a group ticket package for the Seton Hall game. I am trying to gauge interest if anyone would be in for it again. The tickets would be around $27 a person.
What section? Which section is the visitor section at the Pru?

I am interested and I believe one other member of the Court Club would also be interested. It would be nice if many of us RU fans would be sitting together.

I am interested and I believe one other member of the Court Club would also be interested. It would be nice if many of us RU fans would be sitting together.
Section 7 is behind RU bench if people were interested...

Last time we were in the corner across from the Day bench. Mostly season tickrt holders behind RU bench

Bellos is hands down the best pub in Newark. The have consistently great food and an awesome atmosohere.
Bartender there is a huge RU fan and has put together the following specials from 4-before the game.
$4 Well Drinks
$3 PBR pints
$3.50 Coors light pints
$1 off craft drafts.

07080.....I have a few people (probably about 10-15) that would want to go if the seats are still in the same area....let me know......hope the house is well....

The last group I went with was coordinated by 07080 and there were at least 50-60 people at Bellos....it was the Seagears 3 from the corner in OT that upset SHU late in the season.....

I can't make the game this time as we have a Christmas gathering that night. So I will have to leave it to you to watch :eyes: for 'trouble-makers: coming over to the RU section this time ( I assume you remember those two guys end game last time at the Roc)..

House is still in great shape! Will not be doing the tickets again, opted to just get them online. Ticket office at Shu was trying to sell me hot dog packages and all of this random stuff. Bellos will Indeed be open.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtung230
I can't make the game this time as we have a Christmas gathering that night. So I will have to leave it to you to watch :eyes: for 'trouble-makers: coming over to the RU section this time ( I assume you remember those two guys end game last time at the Roc)..

Oh, yeah.....I still get flak from my buddy BrunswickBull and the Mrs. for getting front and center in splitting you guys up.....I get criticized for being a homer or sometimes critical of coaches now or in years past, but always will be all -RU.....I hadn't had an actual "altercation" in way too long, but I would've had to, if that guy swung at you or me first....it was a tough L to take that day for them, so it was understandable that the guy wanted a piece of you guys....ha!!

Oh, yeah.....I still get flak from my buddy BrunswickBull and the Mrs. for getting front and center in splitting you guys up.....I get criticized for being a homer or sometimes critical of coaches now or in years past, but always will be all -RU.....I hadn't had an actual "altercation" in way too long, but I would've had to, if that guy swung at you or me first....it was a tough L to take that day for them, so it was understandable that the guy wanted a piece of you guys....ha!!

I wasn't one of those skinny young guys front and center..I was the big older guy ready to jump on top of them from 2 rows back should it have gotten to defcom 3. I just remember you coming over from the side like the cavalry [cheers]

SHU fans are going to be wearing leather gloves in preparation for the brawl. Lol. Anyone remember the "leather glove" reference from the old message boards?

I'm glad your Team is competitive and that your fans will show up at the game. We are still going to kick your ass.

I'm Just trying to stir the pot a little like the good old days when we were both in the Big East. It should be a fun game. I hope to see some of you at the game.

2 of us going, haven't bought tix yet. Looks like about $ 35 corners, $ 25'behind basket, $70 for the good seats side court. Probably will take Uber from Montclair.

A few years back I put together a group ticket package for the Seton Hall game.
Decided to scrap the group deal with how many people purchased discounted tickets for black Friday or through RU.

Bellos is hands down the best pub in Newark. Thehave consistently great food and an awesome atmosohere.
$4 Well Drinks
$3 PBR pints
$3.50 Coors light pints
$1 off craft drafts.

Great idea, but will be arriving in Vero Beach, Florida on 12/23, so will have to watch the game on TV. Make some noise, guys...

Should be a solid rutgers contingent at bellos. Say hello I'll have a rutgers shirt on!

ADVERTISEMENT