ADVERTISEMENT

@ Seton Hall Prudential

musclesmarinara

Freshman
Sep 5, 2016
Anyone know which is the away section for Rutgers at the Rock? Was looking at SK.com and they are listed at $34 but no section.

Most sections at Prudential Center will have a significant amount of Rutgers fans. No need to sit in a visitors section when its an off-campus arena in the state for which we are THE State University.

Most sections at Prudential Center will have a significant amount of Rutgers fans. No need to sit in a visitors section when its an off-campus arena in the state for which we are THE State University.

Hopefully significant and not just a few here and there.

Look, many tickets are still available for sale on the Ticketmaster map.
If RU fans want to make a statement they can by getting tickets.
Simple as that.

More than 1000 RU fans there is a pipe dream at this point and I'm probably being generous with that number. Hopefully in a few years we can have a strong presence there but it's just not reality now.

I have to agree, though I could see 500-750 RU fans there since the fanbase feels good about the program right now.

In the Mike Rice years there was a decent RU contingent in The Rock.

I have to agree, though I could see 500-750 RU fans there since the fanbase feels good about the program right now.

In the Mike Rice years there was a decent RU contingent in The Rock.

The best I recall was in the Orr/Waters era at CAA. Very large (like4-5k) of red in the upper deck. Was a great atmosphere for a college game. Very loud. Both teams very relevant that year.

The best I recall was in the Orr/Waters era at CAA. Very large (like4-5k) of red in the upper deck. Was a great atmosphere for a college game. Very loud. Both teams very relevant that year.
Maybe they will have to open the upper deck again someday to accommodate the fans. $$$$

Reactions: jersey07080
We need to get a lot of RUs at this game. It is Friday Dec. 23 but most of the SHU students will probably not be there. If we can get quite a few fans there it just might have a big effect on the result. Many SHU fans are worried that the arena might be very empty.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
This was the best atmosphere for a Rutgers @ SHU game ever. Well over 5,000 RU fans in attendance. Heartbreaker for our beloved Scarlet Knights.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...gers-plans-ncaa-bid-set-back-article-1.836299

That was the high point. Prior to that, and ever since, there has been a very, very poor showing of RU fans at the SHU games. Earlier in this thread, someone posited that Rutgers is THE state university (true), ergo there will be significant fans in every section (questionable). Either he/she is delusional, or has a different idea of significant than I do.

The past two installments of this series have been non-competitive. Last year was the most boring SHU-RU game I can recall. Terrible game.

With Rutgers' gaudy record, and a lesser chance of getting humiliated, I'm sure the turnout will be better than the last 2-3 games at Prudential.

That was the high point. Prior to that, and ever since, there has been a very, very poor showing of RU fans at the SHU games. Earlier in this thread, someone posited that Rutgers is THE state university (true), ergo there will be significant fans in every section (questionable). Either he/she is delusional, or has a different idea of significant than I do.

The past two installments of this series have been non-competitive. Last year was the most boring SHU-RU game I can recall. Terrible game.

With Rutgers' gaudy record, and a lesser chance of getting humiliated, I'm sure the turnout will be better than the last 2-3 games at Prudential.

Hopefully you and other RU fans will get tickets and spread the word to other RU fans, to attend this game and wear red.

More than 1000 RU fans there is a pipe dream at this point and I'm probably being generous with that number. Hopefully in a few years we can have a strong presence there but it's just not reality now.
Why's that? What's it seat 8000? I'm sure we can get at least 1000 if not more there

Have you seen the attendance at games at the RAC? No chance 1,000 Rutgers fans are going to go to Newark for a 6:30 game on December 23?
against a rival, closer to wear more RU alums live. Very easy to take the train after work in Newark/NYC to pru center then it is to get down to RU for a game. If the RAC was located where the pru center is we'd have much greater attendance every game.

Why's that? What's it seat 8000? I'm sure we can get at least 1000 if not more there

SHU's capacity is 10k, which is the lower bowl and suites.
*For the Nova game they are opening up part of the 2nd level.

Here are links for RU fans to get tickets and finally make a presence to an away game which is within their own state.
*Wear red to the game

Stubhub:
https://www.stubhub.com/seton-hall-...false&qtyddab=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc

Ticketmaster:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/seton-h...catid=7&tm_link=search_msg-0_0200514D9F6329D5

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I'll be there with anywhere from 6-10 people with some of us coming up from South Jersey.

The Athletic Department needs to market this game to fans because we can make a difference especially if SHU students are all on break. I bet there's a lot of casual fans who aren't tuned into the OOC start Rutgers has had and would dust off the cobwebs to their Rutgers basketball gear and come out. Especially the ones who lives closer to Newark or can utilize public transportation.

Last edited:
Casual (fair-weather) basketball fan here. I bought tickets to both the Garden and the Rock for the two away games. I haven't been to an away basketball game in 10 years. I sensed the excitement building around the new staff and also bought season tickets for the first time ever. The casual fan is coming back!! (So screw you Star Ledger).

I have a a lot of respect for your football knowledge but it's pretty obvious you haven't been to many (any?) RU hoops games in recent years if you're questioning my comment.

The first 10 games have been a lot of fun and it's great to be winning but there's still a lot more that has to be done to move the needle as far as attendance.

I have a a lot of respect for your football knowledge but it's pretty obvious you haven't been to many (any?) RU hoops games in recent years if you're questioning my comment.

The first 10 games have been a lot of fun and it's great to be winning but there's still a lot more that has to be done to move the needle as far as attendance.
I'm just thinking from my perspective. I live in Hoboken with a bunch of young alums and I know of about 20 personal friends I graduated with in 2013 alone who are going to the game due to it being a short train ride from their work in NYC/newark

We need to get a lot of RUs at this game. It is Friday Dec. 23 but most of the SHU students will probably not be there. If we can get quite a few fans there it just might have a big effect on the result. Many SHU fans are worried that the arena might be very empty.
Maybe offer a bus trip up from the RAC? Get the students interested in going as well as the semester officially ends that morning.

Not a single student will still be on the New Brunswick campus at 5pm on December 23rd because exams end that morning and most will already have gone home since everyone's exam schedule is different. Best chance is to market to North Jersey RU fans and families.

Would it be more cost effective to hand out transit passes from NB to students instead of having a bus? Busses are usually around 1000 and hold 55 people for 18$ a person. Round trip to Newark form NewBrunswick is 13$. Wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm just thinking from my perspective. I live in Hoboken with a bunch of young alums and I know of about 20 personal friends I graduated with in 2013 alone who are going to the game due to it being a short train ride from their work in NYC/newark

I'm glad to hear it and I hope it's the start of a lot more of that. I'd definitely love to be wrong about the RU turnout there next week.

I know it's probably a little before your time but RU fans by the thousands poured into Garden by train for the NIT semis and final in 2004. If we ever got even pretty good (never mind really good) we could pack the Garden with NYC/Hoboken alums in their 20s for games like the Syracuse assholes do.

Last edited:
Would it be more cost effective to hand out transit passes from NB to students instead of having a bus? Busses are usually around 1000 and hold 55 people for 18$ a person. Round trip to Newark form NewBrunswick is 13$. Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Either way it gets the fans to Newark. If this is a more cost efficient method of doing it, I'm all ears.

Not a single student will still be on the New Brunswick campus at 5pm on December 23rd because exams end that morning and most will already have gone home since everyone's exam schedule is different. Best chance is to market to North Jersey RU fans and families.

RU can buy a corner section,let's say 5 rows in bulk, and offer exclusive pricing to RU students, alums and donors.
Can the Courtside Club do this too?

RU can buy a corner section,let's say 5 rows in bulk, and offer exclusive pricing to RU students, alums and donors.
Can the Courtside Club do this too?

Great idea but you gotta know how slowly the bureaucracy moves at Rutgers. They would have had to start organizing this around Halloween to make it happen. No way the athletic department can get this coordinated and in motion in a week.

I think there is a chance for RU fans to make a loud presence at this game with SHU's student section probably smaller due to winter break plus a lot of Hall fans are treating RU like a game vs St Peter's or NJIT.

against a rival, closer to wear more RU alums live. Very easy to take the train after work in Newark/NYC to pru center then it is to get down to RU for a game. If the RAC was located where the pru center is we'd have much greater attendance every game.
As someone who is a slave to the train schedule and goes through that hellhole of Newark Penn Station every day I'm glad we don't play there. And driving there is not an option.

As someone who is a slave to the train schedule and goes through that hellhole of Newark Penn Station every day I'm glad we don't play there. And driving there is not an option.

Newark Penn Station is fine and maybe driving is not an option for you, but it's easy for me and a most others I know who live in NJ.
It's one game there for RU fans, and the fanbase has an opportunity to make a statement.

Reactions: Ruthinking
Newark Penn Station is fine and maybe driving is not an option for you, but it's easy for me and a most others I know who live in NJ.
It's one game there for RU fans, and the fanbase has an opportunity to make a statement.
I'm driving to the game. Where should I look for game day parking? Thanks.

Reactions: Ruthinking
I'm one of those guys that follows the team and watches every game but only make it to the RAC 1-2 times a year . And haven't been in the last two seasons. Mostly because living in North Jersey and working in NYC make any weekday game impossible and the weekends are hit or miss - would only make the trip for a marquee opponent given how the team has played.

But this season I'm planning on making it to all 3 of the North Jersey/NYC games (Fordham, SHU, Wisconsion@MSG). And hoping to make it to at least 2 more B1G Saturday games at the RAC. Glad the excitement is back for bball !! I'm glued to the TV for every game!

ADVERTISEMENT