ADVERTISEMENT

Shameen Jones

I was high on him coming out of HS, but didn't show much when the lights were on for the past 3 years. No matter how bad a coaching regime is, you figure that a player's talent will shine through at some point. Didn't really see that from Shameen. Then again, we've never seen a handicap quite as bad as Ash's regime.
Kudos to Shameen for continuing to work. Anxious to see what he has in a better system.

Reactions: aroost
Tiquan has taught the WR corps how to do something that the previous regime never spent any time on. It's called "How to catch the ball."

Frankly - I thought the receivers did a good job last week, and I'm looking forward to their continued development throughout the season.

Best play of the game was Shameen catching the ball about 4 yards short of the marker on a late third down, and him powering through carrying 2 defenders the final yards to get the first. Crucial for us and I was shocked, saying who are these guys ... that’s CHOP right there

I was high on him coming out of HS, but didn't show much when the lights were on for the past 3 years. No matter how bad a coaching regime is, you figure that a player's talent will shine through at some point. Didn't really see that from Shameen. Then again, we've never seen a handicap quite as bad as Ash's regime.
Kudos to Shameen for continuing to work. Anxious to see what he has in a better system.
Remember what our offense looked like prior to 2020... it is no wonder Shameen Jones could not make a move up the depth chart. We had inexperienced QB’s ... O line was pathetic at times... Kid has a chance to be good.

I must admit I didn’t like the call . I would have been ok with being conservative and running the ball and clock and kicking a field goal to go up 14.
But it worked , so I was happy! We went for the kill and got it
Same here. I can honestly recall as the play unfolded yelling "No ! No ! No !...YES !"
Excellent throw...and catch.

Jones impressed. I liked the call on the TD pass. As long as it was not underthrown, it was a low risk/high reward play. I agree the 3rd down where he willed his way to the 1st down was very impressive.

Tiquan has taught the WR corps how to do something that the previous regime never spent any time on. It's called "How to catch the ball."

Frankly - I thought the receivers did a good job last week, and I'm looking forward to their continued development throughout the season.
Add some separation and we have a very good receiver corps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT