ADVERTISEMENT

Shauna Green

I looked up more on the team from the official website:
I checked the stats. The freshmen are not contributors at all, but Cook and Bryant are two of their three leading scorers. Cook was. a very good player fro Green at Dayton, but Bryant did almost nothing at Nc State--she has to be the biggest surprise of the season.

Takeaway: Transfer portal is best way to transform a team in shortest amount of time.

Reactions: bac2therac
really wanted Shauna here and if we had our act together with our coaching situation we should have been able to land her.
Unfortunately we can't keep rehashing what CVS did to this program at the end in so many ways but like everyone says time to move on and hopefully Coach Washington can get it done starting next year

really wanted Shauna here and if we had our act together with our coaching situation we should have been able to land her.
Maybe, maybe not. Her hometown is basically on the Iowa/IL border, so she could see this job as pseudo-homecoming. Either way, what's done is done. I think it's more instructive to see how she rebuilt the Illinois (at least in season 1).

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maybe, maybe not. Her hometown is basically on the Iowa/IL border, so she could see this job as pseudo-homecoming. Either way, what's done is done. I think it's more instructive to see how she rebuilt the Illinois (at least in season 1).
I am a UD alum and have been a contributor to their wbb program for years. I love Shauna Green. One of the main reasons for her success this season at Illinois is the fact that she brought all of her staff from Dayton with her in addition to hiring Calamity McEntire as Associate Head Coach. Calamity had been one of her top assistants at UD before taking a job at Texas two years ago. She also brought Makira Cook with her. She and her staff were already proven winners, so I think she has it easier than Coquese does. She had to get used to working with all of her staff in addition to coming into a situation where the cupboard was bare. I am impressed with what Shauna has done this season and I would have loved to see her at RU, but I think Coquese has a great chance to be successful at RU if she can get the recruits. I like the staff she has assembled.

but Bryant did almost nothing at Nc State--she has to be the biggest surprise of the season.
Genesis is one of those I had circled when she went into the portal. She never had an opportunity to do anything at NC St behind the veteran guards they had and then Diamond added on top of that. Wes brought in another top recruit, A. James, and the huge get in transfer Saniya Rivers. Genesis saw the writing on the wall. Looks like it's working out lovely for her.

I think Coquese has a great chance to be successful at RU if she can get the recruits. I like the staff she has assembled.
Totally agree. Recruit is the key word.

Reactions: shields and MADHAT1
Also curious to see what Shauna will be able to do with developing Aicha Ndour, our former recruit.

Takeaway: Transfer portal is best way to transform a team in shortest amount of time.
captain obvious hotels.com GIF

I am a UD alum and have been a contributor to their wbb program for years. I love Shauna Green. One of the main reasons for her success this season at Illinois is the fact that she brought all of her staff from Dayton with her in addition to hiring Calamity McEntire as Associate Head Coach. Calamity had been one of her top assistants at UD before taking a job at Texas two years ago. She also brought Makira Cook with her. She and her staff were already proven winners, so I think she has it easier than Coquese does. She had to get used to working with all of her staff in addition to coming into a situation where the cupboard was bare. I am impressed with what Shauna has done this season and I would have loved to see her at RU, but I think Coquese has a great chance to be successful at RU if she can get the recruits. I like the staff she has assembled.
McIntire was a good get. She coached here at Arizona for a bit earlier in her career and has done nothing but improve her resume as time goes on.

You are being silly.
"We?" Define "we."

C. Vivian Stringer announced her retirement on April 30, 2022.
This was discussed ad nauseum up until Coach Stringer made her announcement. What were "we" going to do before then? Is this your equivalent to Ash will get us smashed?

Coquese Washington was hired on May 23, 2022.

Genesis Bryant completed her transfer on April 16.
Makira Cook transferred on April 11 , following her coach from Dayton.
Aicha Ndour transferred on May 27.
Brynn Shoup-Hill transferred on April 23.

None of these players was available after Coquese Washington was hired (she would not have jumped on Aicha Ndour within 4 days.

And see @scarlettbb above.

Play the hand you are dealt and quit whining.
72j1.gif

You are being silly.
"We?" Define "we."

C. Vivian Stringer announced her retirement on April 30, 2022.
This was discussed ad nauseum up until Coach Stringer made her announcement. What were "we" going to do before then? Is this your equivalent to Ash will get us smashed?

Coquese Washington was hired on May 23, 2022.

Genesis Bryant completed her transfer on April 16.
Makira Cook transferred on April 11 , following her coach from Dayton.
Aicha Ndour transferred on May 27.
Brynn Shoup-Hill transferred on April 23.

None of these players was available after Coquese Washington was hired (she would not have jumped on Aicha Ndour within 4 days.

And see @scarlettbb above.

Play the hand you are dealt and quit whining.
72j1.gif

We never should have been in that situation

ADVERTISEMENT