ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Shawn Munnerlyn to Rutgers

Strong pick-up! Like his length and can see Coach working this kid up to being a big-time player in a couple years. Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Reactions: zappaa
Welcome!
Great offer list.
tenor.gif

Per nj.com: "Arizona State, Washington, West Virginia, Minnesota, Purdue, Boston College, Kansas and Rutgers. The pledge also highlights a win over two Big Ten foes and hot head coaches P.J. Fleck and Jeff Brohm."

Yeh I'm gonna upgrade my "solid" to "strong" pick-up.

Always nice to see some teams I'd actually watch if I landed on their game on a fall Sat!

It's always nice to beat out our B1G brethren for a good player. Hopefully either ASU or UW will have the opportunity to play against Shawn in a Rose Bowl during the next 4 years.

Reactions: beaced
If we want enough good players going forward than these are the schools we have to win some of the recruiting battles. If we can start winning some games things will become a lot easier too. A very nice pickup and someone genuinely interested in RU. It's all good.

Sam Johnson clone? I’ll take that every goddamn day.

Whenever Sam Johnson went into motion, you knew where Leonard or Rice was running the ball.

Great to see a nice commit with upside talent. I look forward to cheering for this young man for the next few years.

Reactions: Kbee3
We don't usually get the guys that actually play for Mich and PST. They could play here, but end up on the 3 or 4 deep chart there. It will be our turn someday.

I get that. I was only addressing the offer lists as questioned by a poster above, not whether they would start or even play. Melton had PSU, MU, OSU offers. Clark was a #127 national recruit with offers from Alabama, Clemson, OSU, PSU.

Melton and Clark had offers from PSU and Michigan I believe among many, many others.

But this guy may turn out to be better than those two . That’s the thing with recruiting, you never know . Melton is turning out to be productive . Classic case of a kid who needed to redshirt and didn’t need to be on the field until his third season. He showed promise last year and now only has one year left .

Considering all of the problems Schiano has done an incredible recruiting job. Under the current circumstances it would be easy to see the established programs, the ones that recruit based on name alone, having a huge advantage but Greg is definitely upping the talent level. Now, if we only get to actually play some games it could be fun.

Reactions: bossnj1
Sounds pretty solid, but he would like to take visits. OSU hasn't contacted him in nearly a month, and only WVU is still recruiting him at this point. So two months on, doesn't sound like a danger to flip at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT