ADVERTISEMENT

Shawver Beats Aguilar in Wrestle Offs and Will Start at Big 10s

Good for Shawver. Needs 2 matches to be NCAA eligible. Probably going to get the 13 or 14 seed in big 10s which means he’d face the 3 or 4 I believe. 2-7 or so is pretty interchangeable so it really doesn’t matter who he faces, but I would think a first round win would turn some heads.
Big 10 gets 7 guarantee spots so he’s going to have to wrestle back pretty hard if he loses the first match.

This isn't surprising in the least, but happy for Shawver nonetheless.

Aguilar wasn't the same person he was the last two years, not sure if it's COVID related or something else, but hopefully he figures it out. The more depth on the roster and in the room the better.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Hoping for:
Shawver
Alvarez
Rivera
MVB
Kanniard
Clark
Turley
Poz
Janzer
McDermott

Rather see all the youth and let them get the valuable experience. Only one I like to see older is MVB (obviously besides Rivera) bc feel he’s wrestled real well and deserves it.

Someone mentioned Cody Harrison is in the transfer portal. Is it unusual for a wrestler to transfer as a redshirt freshman?

Someone mentioned Cody Harrison is in the transfer portal. Is it unusual for a wrestler to transfer as a redshirt freshman?

No, that's par for the course these days especially for guys who are buried on the depth chart and aren't getting any scholarship money. He was always going to be a guy they tried to develop but was more than likely was brought in for training depth. I'm assuming he drops down somewhere in hopes of getting a chance to compete. Best of luck to him.

No, that's par for the course these days especially for guys who are buried on the depth chart and aren't getting any scholarship money. He was always going to be a guy they tried to develop but was more than likely was brought in for training depth. I'm assuming he drops down somewhere in hopes of getting a chance to compete. Best of luck to him.
Or he could try to go to a place like Sacred Heart or LIU. Sacred Heart has 18 from NJ with a ton from NY too.

Not surprised if that is the case. I feel like RU has an over abundance of depth guys at 33-57. I really wish we got to see Vulakh!

Any updates on Boone vs Colucci?
I'm going to bump @njsportsphan 's question here. Anyone? Anyone?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT