ADVERTISEMENT

Shayne Van Ness Top 5

Great Group of schools.
He will have plenty of competition in the lower weights to get better with at RU :)

He has no relationship with RU other than an alum whose son trains occasionally at RU at times. Rod comes to RU matches sometimes with Shayne when he is free.

He is being polite to his old man. You don’t go to the Blairs of the world to turn down Princeton and Cornell. I would be shocked if he went anywhere else. This is another case of “almost”.
Sadly I think this is spot on....

We don’t often get a Blair kid and it seems like when we do, they end up as an also-ran. Need a Blair kid to come here and have success in order to build some sort of pipeline. We have the two best HS programs in the nation in state. Opportunities are there for RU to become an elite program.

Reactions: ruready07
Rod made a tough choice in sending his kid to Blair and he did it to have these college and real-world opportunities. He did not go to Somerville even though his whole family went there and Rod coached there. Cornell showed a lot of love very early in the process and Princeton is on the rise and will be tough to beat....as much as I want him to commit to Ru.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT