ADVERTISEMENT

Shoot with more arc

jeffro5

Sophomore
Mar 15, 2007
For both outside shooting and free throws, we need more arc. Compare our arc to the good shooting teams. Earlier this year I noticed how much better Harper was arcing, and he was shooting incredibly. Now we’re back to the line drive shots. We can snap out of this shooting funk. Arc it!

Reactions: mugrat86
For both outside shooting and free throws, we need more arc. Compare our arc to the good shooting teams. Earlier this year I noticed how much better Harper was arcing, and he was shooting incredibly. Now we’re back to the line drive shots. We can snap out of this shooting funk. Arc it!
Ah yes, let’s have the whole team alter their jump shots mid-season. Sounds like a recipe for success

OP gonna take heat but fact is Harper’s shot is very flat now compared to earlier in season
Yea he's right. When you're not shooting well you tend to lose confidence and subconsciously start "aiming" your shot more. Ron and Paul both look flat

Spanarkel should teach them how to shoot free throws. National runner-up year under (Former RU) coach Foster At Duke he shot 86% from the line...
2-7 is ridiculous, especially when Bigs on other team sink them with ease..
Harper needs to find stroke from 3, or even settle for 10-12 footers, or season is over.
Until then, nobody should be looking as the 3 as the first option. Drive to hoop every single time. Work drills with pass off drive options - not 3 pointer kick outs, but bounce passes under bucket, or alley opps to cliff. ( & set those up off a drive, not just throwing it inside randomly)
Defense and rebounding tonight was improved, but need to work through Screens better..

OP gonna take heat but fact is Harper’s shot is very flat now compared to earlier in season
agree you can tell it 100% that may have something to do with the ankle injury where he is not getting his legs under his shot

Agree!

ADVERTISEMENT